• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

You can run 1.35 straight in the older MC handguard. The AXSR and MCLE have the new handguard which has small ridges inside and can’t run a 1.35 straight. I forget the exact number but I turned mine down a bit, I think it was like 1.28 or something

Reactions: Part Timer
Inside the axsr. Those must be the ribs you are talking about. I just pulled the 6.5cm barrel so had the chassis handy. I had no idea they would limit the oal length since the shoulder has to slide down the handguard. Chalking it up to leaning something new.
20230107_154143.jpg

Yep, those are the ridges. When I sold my MC and got the LE, I dropped the barrel in and thought it was good. Couldn’t hit a full ipsc at 1 k for anything. Went back to 100 and shot a group and it was trash. The barrel when fired, just touched enough to fuckup accuracy. Turned the barrel down a bit and it went back to amazing precision

Hey guys, does anyone know what the heaviest contour barrel you can get away with on an AXSR? Will it accommodate 1.350” straight or are you going to have to taper it at some point to 1.200” or so?

I know it’s been mentioned here before, but I can’t find it for the life of me. Must have looked through 150 pages already to no avail.

Like @hic28 said.

I would taper it like a Heavy Varmint.

Have it at 1.350” at the shank for about 5” then start tapering it to 1.250” at the muzzle.

Barrel will still weigh over 10lbs 😂

70BD8B87-1202-4F24-B608-7799E69717FE.jpeg
9CBAC744-D110-48A7-A43D-2A0847445216.jpeg

All put together. Including the Ultra 7 in 6.5, absolutely love that can.

Anyone know where I can get longer screws for the butt-spacers? It came with extra spacers but not with screws long enough to make use of them. I got long-ass arms and need one or two more spacers.

I gotta get better at talking pictures, my photo skills are not cutting it for this thread 😂.

View attachment 8041367View attachment 8041368

Anyone know where I can get longer screws for the butt-spacers? It came with extra spacers but not with screws long enough to make use of them. I got long-ass arms and need one or two more spacers.

I gotta get better at talking pictures, my photo skills are not cutting it for this thread 😂.

Ace hardware

Hey guys, does anyone know what the heaviest contour barrel you can get away with on an AXSR? Will it accommodate 1.350” straight or are you going to have to taper it at some point to 1.200” or so?

I know it’s been mentioned here before, but I can’t find it for the life of me. Must have looked through 150 pages already to no avail.

You probably read through this a few pages back.

Personally, I'm going max 1.2 or less at the end of the rail. My 33xc barrel is 1.23 and just not very much room left.

Reactions: Part Timer
I'm about to make this swap too. Any tricks to avoid stripping the screws? Soldering iron to heat up the thread locker?
Well, I heated up with heat gun but it was still stripped. The screw head is just too soft. End it up with @Brym427 method. Tapped a bigger bits into the stripped head.

Finally got my first AI, had a 700 in an AT back in the day, but very cool to have the real thing. If only I could have the fancy arca rail...13' AX in 260, Zeiss S5 coming soon, gib thumbhole sides.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109_110407_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109_110407_Photos.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 128
Anybody make pre-cut foam for an AXMC in a Pelican 1720? It just barely fits.

I'm terrible at cutting my own :)

View attachment 8042665

I know it's not oriented properly because it's "scope down" in that pic, but I had to do it that way due to the folder.
Scope down won’t effect anything. If your worried relieve the area where the scope is a bit so the impact and constant pressure is on the forend and Buttstock if it takes a hit. Just don’t have the scope or turret against the plastic on the bottom. I mean shit they pound nails in with those NF scopes. They can handle riding upside down. Mine rides on its side like shown here. Only carried upright

Here’s mine in a Plano field locker
560BC68C-C39C-46C7-BF4C-74B8FFDEB892.jpeg

Finally got my first AI, had a 700 in an AT back in the day, but very cool to have the real thing. If only I could have the fancy arca rail...13' AX in 260, Zeiss S5 coming soon, gib thumbhole sides.
I have a 13 AX to. Swapped to the updated AX stock and it's about to go into an Accuracy Obsession chassis.

Attachments

• AI Debond.jpg
    AI Debond.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 88
View attachment 8041367View attachment 8041368

Get the elite iron spgigot Get that bipod down close to the bore

C0C8BA71-6035-435B-8099-16C058FBDB74.jpeg

Was the debonding process a pain? I'll be excited to see that finished!
It wasn't to bad. I used a heat gun and went slow. Heated up the action screws first and got those out. Make sure you have proper fitting bits. They're in there good and if you use the wrong bit it's easy to strip. I then heated up the seam between the action and bottom. I then tapped a piece of wood between the barrel and piece that the hand guard attaches to and it popped right off.

Did your "suppressor cover" work well??
Cover worked great
Bolt gummed up a little and got hard to push forward for a few stages.

Pistol shooting went better than I figured. Since I hadn’t shot pistol for a lot of years
Rifle went worse but last comp was Peterson and 2 days of practice isn’t much lol. Cleaned stages at Peterson. Not so much here. The rifle was carrying me through lol it just about shoots itself

81976A4C-FF83-4068-BE06-E37316BFA052.jpeg

B6E7ECCA-076C-4ACE-84B3-7A89ABBE5F5A.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish I could have been there, but I'm still waiting on my primers I ordered from Natchez last week. Should be here tomorrow, ready for the February 11th match!

Reactions: BurtG
Wish I could have been there, but I'm still waiting on my primers I ordered from Natchez last week. Should be here tomorrow, ready for the February 11th match!
lol I relayed your message to stiner he said you were Derrick Warren. Apparently not !

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: The Durk
Was the debonding process a pain? I'll be excited to see that finished!
I agree with @Aaros143, I thought it was going to be way worse, not too bad at all though. One thing I'd recommend (and I think Sam touches on this in his videos), once you've got that epoxy mixed up, I wouldn't waste a lot of time admiring your work on the action... Still gotta get that stock bonded before the epoxy gets too stiff... When I did mine, epoxy was certainly harder to work with at the end of the job than it was at the beginning.

Nothing to be afraid of though... Just a small rite of passage, the cost of owning the sickest setup on the market.

This post had me thinking…Is the 13’ AX 338 the same as the ‘14 AXMC aside from the buttstock? Can it take AXMC bolts and everything?

This post had me thinking…Is the 13’ AX 338 the same as the ‘14 AXMC aside from the buttstock? Can it take AXMC bolts and everything?
I have no clue to be honest, I'm still trying to learn all the differences just in the short actions

13 ax338 has a different action than the MC, so I suppose the bolt is not interchangeable.

I didn’t know Elite Iron made a spigot Mount. I was only aware of the BT/Atlas. I will check it out. Thanks!
Yes that one has a bolt to tighten to remove all slop. Works great

Easier install , cheaper and pic version has a lower bore height

CF456676-1442-42B0-829F-C411707BB7C3.jpeg

Versus

628AF0AD-6F37-4E4F-A8D8-CF13FD6B68CC.png

Last edited:

Attachments

• IMG_3328.jpeg
    IMG_3328.jpeg
    652.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    598.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    899 KB · Views: 157
Anarchy has got a pretty rad one too:

Ok, so what's the consensus? Which spigot should I get?:

Anarchy
Elite Iron
Accu-Shot

I'm not a huge fan of any wobble/slop up front and I have arbor presses and a full machine shop for any installation needs that arise. They're all within $20 of eachother.