• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Just so you know. To get the same 49# dry clamping load you would use 30-40% less torque when oiled. So if you take the middle number and call it 35%. To get the same clamp load of 49# dry you would only need 32# wet. So 55# wet would be ~74# dry.

Not sure if that makes sense.
To the barrel bolt yes but that's not the part I'm referring to. Since you are clamping the tenon and it's not torqued into the action you'd need more clamping pressure wet vs dry (is what I'm guessing).

Honestly in all my schooling I never dealt with clamp pressure wet vs dry and just a torqued bolt/nut situation. Not really sure how it behaves but my guess is as I explained above and how I've been justifying my 55lbs 😂.

Reactions: jbuck88
Results speak for themselves. I don't have a dog in the fight, just trying to explain torque values.

I haven't had a issue with mine at 49. But if I did I'd try going up just like you.

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Results speak for themselves. I don't have a dog in the fight, just trying to explain torque values.

I haven't had a issue with mine at 49. But if I did I'd try going up just like you.
Not trying to attack you, really thought you knew something I didn't. I'm going to be up for a while now trying to find out if I'm actually right or wrong now lol.

Does anyone have any experience running 6gt in an Accuracy International AXSR?

I am looking to purchase an AXSR and would like to shoot 6gt in it if possible. But heard that the 6gt might be too short to run reliably in the axsr magazine.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Any one with more input?

Any one with more input?
Running 6.5 CM I've had a couple random feeding issues if I ran the bolt really slow (it seemed) using the S/A mags. I imagine those failures would increase with the shorter 6GT length.

You can be the one to forge the way and find out for us though! 😂

20230115_160555.jpg

I'd settle for having the spare bolt assembly on back order shipped so trophyhunter jailbreak my AT-X with an unofficial 6.5 PRC conversion.
If AI won't service the conversations 3rd parties will.

Guess my system failed me again. At-x needs sent back for warranty work.

As I unboxed it and made some adjustments. I pulled the cheekpiece off and the clamp bar broke and fell out. Not a big deal, but I really wish AI would just send me the part that broke instead of me needing to send the rifle in and waiting. Sucks to have to wait, but maybe I'm just bad luck since this is my 2nd new AI that failed and needed fixed. I didn't want to post anything until I heard back from AI, again I was asking for a new clamp bar that I could install.

It's a gen3 and the piece that broke in half is the clamp bar that sits under the thumb screw.

20230114_111620.jpg

anyone point me to another vendor for the Anarchy Outdoors thumbrest?

They're out of stock for the AT right-hand version. That's the last thing I'll need to complete this thing and I want it NOW!!!! :ROFLMAO:

anyone point me to another vendor for the Anarchy Outdoors thumbrest?

They're out of stock for the AT right-hand version. That's the last thing I'll need to complete this thing and I want it NOW!!!! :ROFLMAO:
Mile High carries them but it looks like they're out of stock as well.

Optics Planet says 4-6 weeks but we all know that might mean 2 years...

Yea.. I don’t even know why Armament even offered that in their line.. I don’t even know why I even bought it. Fuck! Well lesson learn as soon as I get that TT735 (IN MILs) Im mounting this moa scope on a .22. Give it to my daughter

The AXMC is a line item on the budget. Ofcourse now thay it is, idont seem them all that often in the for sale section

Reactions: The Durk