• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Get that DT shit out of here 🤣
Superior barrel retention system. More accurate.

Anyway

If anyone finds this rifle for sale. Send me the add

I need it

ABA8CA87-BBBB-44C9-93AB-70E5EF8476C4.jpeg

Superior barrel retention system. More accurate.

Anyway

If anyone finds this rifle for sale. Send me the add

I need it

View attachment 8204049
That's just an AW 1.0 style that has been bastardized by having all the protective coating stripped off and been polished up nice and bright.

Look for an AW 2.0 with the original English barrel on it in good condition, with all the original coatings.

That one was probably unbonded from the chassis and mucked with to get all the polishing done.

A1 or A2? Been thinking of getting a DT.
A1. Great shooting rifle great barrel retention / zero retention after barrel swaps like dead on always. And short.

But AI is more reliable as far as feeding and bolt is much more natural.

Desert tech best for equipment or vehicular operations where the short length helps. Also good for hunting / ELR where a immediate follow up shot isn’t as important.

Reactions: hafejd30

Look for an AW 2.0 with the original English barrel on it in good condition, with all the original coatings.
Absolutely! The AW 2.0 and Border barrels were the best! I should have never sold the 2 I had. The ATs I have owned are very nice, but IMO the AW was better and all of the Border barrels I owned were HAMMERS!

A1. Great shooting rifle great barrel retention / zero retention after barrel swaps like dead on always. And short.

But AI is more reliable as far as feeding and bolt is much more natural.

Desert tech best for equipment or vehicular operations where the short length helps. Also good for hunting / ELR where a immediate follow up shot isn’t as important.
They left us lefties out in the cold.

The trigger on the DTs I have fired are not up to AI standards either

Reactions: BurtG
Question to the AI peoples. Was having this conversation with a friend and Hide member. Why isn't the AX bipod more popular? You almost never seen them used. Only see them in the AI official rifle pics and that's about it. Does it still flop around like the original Parker Hale/Versapod style bipod? Do the feet spin? The flopping around part wouldn't bother me one but since I shot the AW with the OG bipod for years and never minded using it.

They left us lefties out in the cold.

The trigger on the DTs I have fired are not up to AI standards either
Shoot right handed. I’m left. I forced myself to shoot right handed when I wad like 16 once I realized all the guns /scopes were designed for right hand

Question to the AI peoples. Was having this conversation with a friend and Hide member. Why isn't the AX bipod more popular? You almost never seen them used. Only see them in the AI official rifle pics and that's about it. Does it still flop around like the original Parker Hale/Versapod style bipod? Do the feet spin? The flopping around part wouldn't bother me one but since I shot the AW with the OG bipod for years and never minded using it.

Because AI logic: make a gun, sell most of them in the US. Don’t actually sell the accessories for that gun in the US though.

I feel like I saw them advertised at Eurooptic long, long ago but I’m not sure if they ever had any.

Reactions: Brym427
those bipods suck. Get a tbac or cal

If you want to try one I’m sure someone here has one they would be happy to sell

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Shoot right handed. I’m left. I forced myself to shoot right handed when I wad like 16 once I realized all the guns /scopes were designed for right hand
I can shoot right handed but when I spend that much coin on a rifle, I get what I want. They made a dumb decision not making LH models when they went to the A2. I don't know the differences between A1 and A2. I have seen LH A1s come up occasionally. Who knows

Reactions: BurtG
Interesting:

View attachment 8205441
S/S and US marked
I assumed the S/S was Single Shot...it isn't marked AT like other Coopermatch examples I've seen pictures of. Also assume the US stamp is akin to a US Property mark since it was a USMC gun.

Also interesting is the bolt; it doesn't match the SN on the action, is fluted and has 3 lugs.

Logbook has 680 rounds down the pipe. 1990/1991 dates.

Last edited:
I assumed the S/S was Single Shot...it isn't marked AT like other Coopermatch examples I've seen pictures of. Also assume the US stamp is akin to a US Property mark since it was a USMC gun.

Also interesting is the bolt; it doesn't match the SN on the action, is fluted and has 3 lugs.
S/S Scout Sniper?

I believe the fluting was added to later bolts to clear ice and snow from the action.

The action is a "square-shroud" target action that came before the Coopermatch Series - this action is what Malcolm Cooper used primarily for 300m target shooting. Easy to tell by the "AI S/S + serial no." stamping. Some later ones had "AI SS + serial no." without the slash, but the even earlier ones had "CWC/SS + serial no", meaning Caig+Walls+Cooper. Coopermatches are clearly stamped as such on the left and are visibly a bit different.

Lones Wigger and Harald Stenvaag also had these actions. The square-shroud action is essentially the same as a L96 or PM without the magazine well and safety, so the original bolt would have looked like a PM or L96 bolt.

Looks like the bolt has been replaced by an AE bolt. Whilst a 6 lug Coopermatch bolt with the round shroud could probably be made to fit with a 3 lug boltface installed, they're not fluted, so I'm inclined to think that the bolt in this rifle is from an AE which had 3 lugs, fluted body (not sure), and the same round shroud at the back. The boltknob is also smaller. The original one would have been teardrop shaped and Coopermatch bolts have a larger boltknob.

The trigger looks to be a later type and that "US" stamping isn't from factory.

Very nice rifle with an interesting replacement bolt! Compatible with modern day AI chassis systems if you can get your hands on a debonded one.

Last edited:
5C798F51-9176-4D73-B68E-0CF800CBF0DD.png

Anyone here using these pads on their AI from ESC Dynamics or RNG Tactics? If so, you like it?

ESC went out of business and the RNG doesn’t look as clean or small.

I came across the pic years ago on IG but forgot about it. …and I’m bored at work.

Reactions: JonKleman
I had one of those suckers curl up right next to me in Utah. Thankfully someone else saw it before I put my hand down.
Yikes. Good thing someone saw it.

This one gave a short 1/2 second rattle as I walked past. I was lucky, as I probably passed within 2 ft of where he was laying in that grass, practically invisible.

Yikes. Good thing someone saw it.

This one gave a short 1/2 second rattle as I walked past. I was lucky, as I probably passed within 2 ft of where he was laying in that grass, practically invisible.
The one that decided to curl up next to me didn’t rattle at all. Wasn’t even phased. Evil little bastard.

Get enough of them together and make some nice boots lol.

Interesting. The markings do seem to be similar enough. I'm not as familiar with the rattlesnakes out here in NM, compared to Texas.

They are one of the more dangerous and aggressive rattlers fyi and def looks like one to me..... I have had a many a run in with those and it's not a snake to take lightly. I have seen them come after people instead of retreating and their venom is no joke.

View attachment 8205502
Anyone here using these pads on their AI from ESC Dynamics or RNG Tactics? If so, you like it?

ESC went out of business and the RNG doesn’t look as clean or small.

I came across the pic years ago on IG but forgot about it. …and I’m bored at work.
I have one homie if you want it

The action is a "square-shroud" target action that came before the Coopermatch Series - this action is what Malcolm Cooper used primarily for 300m target shooting. Easy to tell by the "AI S/S + serial no." stamping. Some later ones had "AI SS + serial no." without the slash, but the even earlier ones had "CWC/SS + serial no", meaning Caig+Walls+Cooper. Coopermatches are clearly stamped as such on the left and are visibly a bit different.

Lones Wigger and Harald Stenvaag also had these actions. The square-shroud action is essentially the same as a L96 or PM without the magazine well and safety, so the original bolt would have looked like a PM or L96 bolt.

Looks like the bolt has been replaced by an AE bolt. Whilst a 6 lug Coopermatch bolt with the round shroud could probably be made to fit with a 3 lug boltface installed, they're not fluted, so I'm inclined to think that the bolt in this rifle is from an AE which had 3 lugs, fluted body (not sure), and the same round shroud at the back. The boltknob is also smaller. The original one would have been teardrop shaped and Coopermatch bolts have a larger boltknob.

The trigger looks to be a later type and that "US" stamping isn't from factory.

Very nice rifle with an interesting replacement bolt! Compatible with modern day AI chassis systems if you can get your hands on a debonded one.
Great information, thank you! Based on the barrel proof marking it is an AI factory installed example. Not sure who was supplying them back then, I would assume Border...

Sidenote/cool fact, R. Wigger does have an entry on the logbook for this one from 1990.

The one that decided to curl up next to me didn’t rattle at all. Wasn’t even phased. Evil little bastard.

Get enough of them together and make some nice boots lol.
Theyre at their most dangerous when they are just sitting still, quiet and you're not expecting them.

Skinning and tanning them is surprisingly easy, albeit tedious. I put him in my freezer and might clean him this weekend. I did this diamondback last year and he turned out well. He had moved into a family member's garage l behind some feed sacks, probably to catch mice.

Snapchat-1639692584.jpg

(Skinned, but not yet tanned)

View attachment 8206370View attachment 8206373

We run into cottonmouths here since we are talking snakes, they creep me out. Half a mile from where this picture was taken I saw three guys shirtless without shoes poking one. That meant it was time for me to go 😂. top pic is from a recent hog hunting trip, AXSR with the 308 barrel installed.
Cottonmouths are the FL rats.

View attachment 8206370View attachment 8206373

We run into cottonmouths here since we are talking snakes, they creep me out. Half a mile from where this picture was taken I saw three guys shirtless without shoes poking one. That meant it was time for me to go 😂. top pic is from a recent hog hunting trip, AXSR with the 308 barrel installed.

100% more afraid of cottonmouths/water moccasins than any rattlesnake hard stop!

No more Nightforce?!?!
I still have my 4-16 and 7-35 atacr. Likely won’t be parting with the 7-35.

I needed a bit more magnification for IDing deer. Crop damage in particular which is what this gun specifically is used for

Sold the 4-20 and figured it’s a good time to upgrade and try a ZCO.

I love my Nightforce. Never had one issue ever with the many I’ve owned from the NXS/comp and atacr’s

The 7-35 is on my Vudoo currently and I’ll do a comparison between that and the ZCO in the next week

I will say just messing with both the turrets for me are a wash. Both are excellent. I do appreciate the non rotating objective and the ZCO illumination is a much better system vs the push button