• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Those of you who bring a spare trigger with you, do you put it in a small Pelican or case? If so which one/kind?
Just snagged a spare AXSR trigger for bringing with to matches/ranges.
🍻

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Those of you who bring a spare trigger with you, do you put it in a small Pelican or case? If so which one/kind?
Just snagged a spare AXSR trigger for bringing with to matches/ranges.
🍻

I've thought about picking up a spare axsr trigger... I've got to be over 1500 rounds on my axsr, most of those big boy rounds like 33xc and 300 norma, and never a hiccup, but I know anything can break/malfunction. Did you pick it up from MH or EO?

Some upgrades occurred:

No more Vortex. Now have a T6 Steiner in an MBRACE
Elite Iron spigot (they are awesome to deal with)
Atlas bipod
Armageddon sling
20” Bartlein (still have to add the brake for the can)
IMG_6662.jpeg

I've thought about picking up a spare axsr trigger... I've got to be over 1500 rounds on my axsr, most of those big boy rounds like 33xc and 300 norma, and never a hiccup, but I know anything can break/malfunction. Did you pick it up from MH or EO?
EO
I’ve never seen em on MH’s website and they didn’t have any when I ordered the AXSR but EO has em in stock every now and then.

Have wanted an AI since I was a kid.
Finally just took the leap and sold my TL3/Manners setup and got one.

Got a 6.5 creed ATX, had Hunts Long Range chop the 6.5 barrel to 16" and spin a 26" Dasher up for it.

Only have 140rds or so down the 6.5 before the chop at a match, and excited to see how it performs compared to my old custom setup.
I was honestly really impressed with the new comp trigger, even coming from a Triggertech Diamond.
GCP_3150.jpg

Got a 6.5 creed ATX, had Hunts Long Range chop the 6.5 barrel to 16" and spin a 26" Dasher up for it.

Only have 140rds or so down the 6.5 before the chop at a match, and excited to see how it performs compared to my old custom setup.
I was honestly really impressed with the new comp trigger, even coming from a Triggertech Diamond.View attachment 8210675
16” 6.5 looks awesome. Might have to chop my spare 6.5X47 barrel 😍

Reactions: gconnoyer

I was honestly really impressed with the new comp trigger, even coming from a Triggertech Diamond.View attachment 8210675
What bag rider is that?

I was wondering if you all could give me opinions of accuracy expectations of 6.5.

I bought a 26” 6.5 Bartlein barrel for my AXSA from EuroOptic and it’s the most frustratingly inconsistent barrel. After 250 rounds of chasing different ammo types I’m lost.

I will say up front I do not reload. One of the reasons I bought the 6.5 was due to large ammount of factory match ammo available.

The gun hates anything that is not Hornady. 140 gr FGMM 1-2 moa, 130 gr bergers 2 moa at best. 140 gr bergers 1-1.5 moa.

With Hornady 140 eldms I will get one group that measures in the .2’s, and then I can’t get anything better than 1 moa. With 147’s I’m consistently under moa, but barely, but every once in a while it will give me a tight little group just to keep me chasing.

With Norma match sometimes it will group better than the hornady, but then some days it’s opens up.

Yes the scope is tight, yes the gun is good…with the 20” 308 barrel it’s a tack driver. Yes the barrel is tight and properly torqued. I was hoping for the same results out of the 6.5 as I get out of the 308 barrel, as it’s a little easier on the shoulder and a lotta more fun for everyone in my family to shoot it. The barrel does have a 419 hellfire match on the end.

Am I just getting what’s expected out of a 26” Bartlein in 6.5 with factory ammo, or should I call Bartlein and send it in for a look, I never thought an AI, in 6.5 would be one of the most frustrating rifles I would shoot.

Pics of the gun and groups. Again you will see a tight one, and then many of what is common.

Attachments

• Ballistic-X-Export-2022-11-22 12:25:10.188705.jpeg
    Ballistic-X-Export-2022-11-22 12:25:10.188705.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    417.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_3392.jpeg
    IMG_3392.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    537.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    558.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2198.jpeg
    IMG_2198.jpeg
    773.6 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Take the brake off and reshoot it. I highly doubt it's the barrel since at least one of the ammo you chose shoots well. For some reason or another some barrels and brake combos aren't compatible. My previous 6.5 barrel didn't like the APA Gen 2 brake. Took it off and put on a can and it shot lights out. My current 300NM barrel didn't like the Keymo mounting system and went direct thread with the suppressor and it shot fine. And oddly enough, it shoots lights out with a Gen 2 FatBastard. My friend had the same thing happen to him too with another brake and suppressor setup.

I was wondering if you all could give me opinions of accuracy expectations of 6.5.

I bought a 26” 6.5 Bartlein barre for my AXSA from EuroOptic and it’s the most frustratingly inconsistent barrel. After 250 rounds of chasing different ammo types I’m lost.

I will say up front I do not reload. One of the reasons I bought the 6.5 was due to large ammount of factory match ammo available.

The gun hates anything that is not Hornady. 140 gr FGMM 1-2 moa, 130 gr bergers 2 moa at best. 140 gr bergers 1-1.5 moa.

With Hornady 140 eldms I will get one group that measures in the .2’s, and then I can’t get anything better than 1 moa. With 147’s I’m consistently under moa, but barely, but every once in a while it will give me a tight little group just to keep me chasing.

With Norma match sometimes it will group better than the hornady, but then some days it’s opens up.

Yes the scope is tight, yes the gun is good…with the 20” 308 barrel it’s a tack driver. Yes the barrel is tight and properly torqued. I was hoping for the same results out of the 6.5 as I get out of the 308 barrel, as it’s a little easier on the shoulder and a lotta more fun for everyone in my family to shoot it. The barrel does have a 419 hellfire match on the end.

Am I just getting what’s expected out of a 26” Bartlein in 6.5 with factory ammo, or should I call Bartlein and send it in for a look, I never though an AI, in 6.5 would be one of the most frustrating rifles I would shoot.

Pics of the gun and groups. Again you will see a tight one, and then many of what is common.
Pull that brake off

Been reports of that 419 causing accuracy issues on another AI barrel. Was in a recent post just don’t remember what one

The one thing I have not done is shot it without the brake.

I’ll give it a try. God damn frustrating…..
Here it is

I bought a 26” 6.5 Bartlein barre for my AXSA from EuroOptic and it’s the most frustratingly inconsistent barrel. After 250 rounds of chasing different ammo types I’m lost.

Am I just getting what’s expected out of a 26” Bartlein in 6.5 with factory ammo, or should I call Bartlein and send it in for a look, I never though an AI, in 6.5 would be one of the most frustrating rifles I would shoot.

It is a head scratcher.

I assume that the barrel is a conventional 8 twist? Both my AT and MC use the same Area 419 brake on Bartlein barrels and shoot consistent 0.5 MOA 5 shot with the 140 ELD-M ammo from Hornady. I get even better performance with FGMM with the 130 grain Berger bullet.

I would check torque on the barrel clamp with a torque wrench to ensure it is correct. As others said, try it w/o the brake to see if it improves. I would also try the FGMM 130 and see if your results improve.

Reactions: Bacarrat
Correct 1:8 twist.

Tried the 130 grainers FGMM and it hated them, which sucks because that was the load I was hoping it was going to love.

Barrel clamp is torqued down, checked it with fix it sticks multiple times.

I’m going to pull the Brake and try it again. That’s the one thing I haven’t done.

I hope that’s all it is.

My 308 barrel has a 419 match, and like I said it drives tacks, so I figured the formula would work again on the 6.5…but from others mentioning that may not be the case.

Obviously something is wrong. But you know that

My AXMC 6.5 barrel was a 26” 8 twist. I only fired 15 rounds with 142 smk. 3 out of 4 (3 shot) groups were under 1/2 moa. Best being .26”. Those win tac Bartlein generally aren’t picky

After you remove the brake inspect the crown on the muzzle as well. There was a factory AXSR a while back that had a bad crown from factory

The cross bolt is another thing too that would cause weird issues. But as I have found out, it would be more of all the groups shot like shit with it not torqued down all the way. Wasted a whole range session because I forgot to tighten it down all the way. Also some guns like it at different torque. I think most people run it at the AI spec at 45 inch lb and there are others that run it at 55-60 inch lbs. My AXMC is in the ladder camp when my other friend with a ASR his liked it at 45. He learned that lesson too.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
I’ve played with the cross bolt. Started at 49 in/lb per spec, and then went to 55 to try it out. It made no difference in consistency. After reading the other posts…I’m definitely leaning towards the brake is the issue…which sucks because I love it’s individual performance.

The cross bolt is another thing too that would cause weird issues. But as I have found out, it would be more of all the groups shot like shit with it not torqued down all the way. Wasted a whole range session because I forgot to tighten it down all the way. Also some guns like it at different torque. I think most people run it at the AI spec at 45 inch lb and there are others that run it at 55-60 inch lbs. My AXMC is in the ladder camp when my other friend with a ASR his liked it at 45. He learned that lesson too.
I run it at 62 inch pounds based on things I have read here

Reactions: Huskydriver
I’ve played with the cross bolt. Started at 49 in/lb per spec, and then went to 55 to try it out. It made no difference in consistency. After reading the other posts…I’m definitely leaning towards the brake is the issue…which sucks because I love it’s individual performance.

Great time to stop being a unwashed peasant and get a damn can.....

Great time to stop being an unwashed peasant and get a damn can.....
Tell that to my State Legislators who think that because we live in a State that had a huge mafia presence that suppressors will turn everyone into assassins, and they all be movie quiet.

Trust me if I could put a TB7 on this thing, I would have a year ago.

Last edited:
Tell that to my State Legislators who think that because we live in a State that had a huge mafia presence that suppressors will turn everyone into assassins, and they all be movie quiet.

Trust me if I could put a TB7 on this thing, I would have a year ago.
If mateo can move his illiterate ass from guatemala to texas for a better life, so can you.

Where are all of the 1.5/2.0 replacement chassis skins? Has AI completely discontinued them?

Check sporting services UK. They often have more in stock AI parts than mile high. They may have the later production multi piece skins, the older 1 piece skins have been discontinued a long time.

Yes, more than 10 years ago. They show up here time to time, on the sportingservices and Gunbroker.
Does that include the updated version with multiple sections ?
Check sporting services UK. They often have more in stock AI parts than mile high. They may have the later production multi piece skins, the older 1 piece skins have been discontinued a long time.
I’ll give them a shout next week. Thank you for the suggestion.

IMG_2605.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

Coffee table musings. Enjoying the hell out of this book.

On a side note I picked up a cert for a Proof steel barrel and trying to decide, would like to do a 20” 6.5 Creedmoor to compliment the 300 Norma for the AXMC and maybe shoot 130’s, thoughts? Not sure if a 20” is an option as they don’t list it.

View attachment 8212932
View attachment 8212933
Coffee table musings. Enjoying the hell out of this book.

On a side note I picked up a cert for a Proof steel barrel and trying to decide, would like to do a 20” 6.5 Creedmoor to compliment the 300 Norma for the AXMC and maybe shoot 130’s, thoughts? Not sure if a 20” is an option as they don’t list it.

Sell the cert and get a bartlein.....