• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Yeah, there were a bunch of great facilities we had access to. I wish it was a place we could have access to more often.

@mwinter501 Can you post up some pics of the rifle with the Proof? I have a Sage Green as well and trying to track down a barrel that isn't 5 months out.

It will be a while before I can post more pics. any particular angle you're looking for? my barrel is 16.5" so theres not too much to see when its installed.

if you're looking for a 16.5" I'm pretty sure theres one for sale in the post exchange right now.

I traded my AT for an AX. It was a little rough when I got it, so I sent it off a couple weeks ago for cerakote and got it back yesterday. I went with the Tungsten color, and I think it came out great. If anyone is in the Kentucky/Ohio region looking for cerakote work, check out Black Dove Customs. Great guy, quick turnaround, and great price. It’s got the 16” .308 barrel I was using on my AT, and I’m waiting for a Proof carbon barrel I ordered a while ago to replace the 6.5x47L barrel I was using with the AT. The Spuhr I was using on the AT was too low for the AX, so until my new Spuhr for the AMG gets here the AX is borrowing the Vudu from my AR15. I think I’ll put a Vortex Venom on the Spuhr when it gets here, I like to screw around with .308 subsonics on occasion. There’s also a good chance I’ll grab a PVA barrel in 6mm BR next year, I have a huge craving to play around with 6BR, and don’t mind tinkering to get it to run right.
2cx6z43.jpg

fn8ok3.jpg

23h6mmw.jpg

1429eyr.jpg

I love me some tungsten/black combo! That's how I have my JP LRP-07 and my franken-AR

Got my hands on a comp trigger today. I think I’m going to stick with the factory trigger.

I think it breaks more crisp and feels more sturdy than the comp trigger.

I’m sure I could play more with the different adjustments, but it still doesn’t feel as robust overall.

Am I imagining things?

^^^^

Yes you are imagining things. I ran mine during a snow/sleet storm at at a local finale with not one issue. I wasn't the only one there with a comp trigger that did not have problems.

As far as it being more or less crisp. That's totally a personal preference.

Got my hands on a comp trigger today. I think I’m going to stick with the factory trigger.

I think it breaks more crisp and feels more sturdy than the comp trigger.

I’m sure I could play more with the different adjustments, but it still doesn’t feel as robust overall.

Am I imagining things?

What is the current pull weight of the comp trigger?

Out of the box, mine was 8oz total (6oz-1st / 2oz-2nd) and was WAY too light. There was no wall, you just blew by the 2nd stage and it went off. I adjusted it up to it's current setting 1.25# (10oz/10oz) and it is basically perfect for me. No creep, super crisp break and a defined enough 1st stage wall that I don't ever blow through it and fire when I don't want to.

I don't think the trigger (comp or standard) should have any creep whatsoever. If it's adjusted too light you might be experiencing the effects of that.

I ran my factory trigger for the past 2.5 years at 3# total. I can say without a doubt that the comp trigger has benefitted my positional game, overall it makes it easier to break shots when I want to in my wobble zone, and I don't find myself fighting the trigger and grip to have the absolute perfect squeeze in order to not pull the crosshairs off target. I don't think it's light enough to use as a crutch like one might if they use a 5oz single stage trigger, but I'm sure some people adjust the comp trigger to a super light single stage and have success with it because that's what they're used to.

What is the current pull weight of the comp trigger?

Out of the box, mine was 8oz total (6oz-1st / 2oz-2nd) and was WAY too light. There was no wall, you just blew by the 2nd stage and it went off. I adjusted it up to it's current setting 1.25# (10oz/10oz) and it is basically perfect for me. No creep, super crisp break and a defined enough 1st stage wall that I don't ever blow through it and fire when I don't want to.

I don't think the trigger (comp or standard) should have any creep whatsoever. If it's adjusted too light you might be experiencing the effects of that.

I ran my factory trigger for the past 2.5 years at 3# total. I can say without a doubt that the comp trigger has benefitted my positional game, overall it makes it easier to break shots when I want to in my wobble zone, and I don't find myself fighting the trigger and grip to have the absolute perfect squeeze in order to not pull the crosshairs off target. I don't think it's light enough to use as a crutch like one might if they use a 5oz single stage trigger, but I'm sure some people adjust the comp trigger to a super light single stage and have success with it because that's what they're used to.

I’m not sure on the weight. Will have to get scale out. I typically will adjust a trigger on feel as I’ve had the same brand triggers feel a little different despite the weight.

I’ve messed with quite a bit of the adjustments and just can’t get the same wall the factory trigger has.

I have the factory trigger turned down where it takes 3-4 pretty good drops before it will fire (without safety on). And it feels great.

Before anyone piles on to the drop fire, most every Huber I’ve seen (mine or otherwise) will drop fire without the safety on.

Either there’s an issue with the trigger, or the adjustments need a little work. It’s a bit of a pain since you have to take the trigger in and out of the chassis to do the adjustments, but I would adjust everything bottomed out to the max pull weight and travel. See if the wall comes back or is more where you like it. The stock trigger is like 3.3# minimum spec, and the comp trigger is something like 1.5# max with the default springs, so even maxed out it should feel a lot lighter than the stock trigger.

Then assuming it feels ok, start adjusting down to where you like it or when you start to feel the wall go away. It’s possible that if you have the 1st and 2nd stage weights adjusted wildly differently, maybe that’s contributing to it not feeling crisp?

In any case I wouldn’t give up on it yet. For $400 I’d be more than willing to send it back for a factory test and readjustment to see if there’s anything wrong. The comp trigger is awesome but things can happen in manufacturing and maybe yours has something that needs to be addressed.

Will have to get scale out. I typically will adjust a trigger on feel as I’ve had the same brand triggers feel a little different despite the weight.

I've noticed the same thing.

Identical trigger tension / adjustments doesn't necessarily produce an identical "feel."

dumb question, can the AX308 be used for 300 WSM? I don't see a short Magnum bolt anywhere but I could be wrong... Thanks guys

Just ordered an AX stock for my AT. Has anyone done this conversion themselves? If so what epoxy did you use? Or does anyone know the recommended epoxy?

Loving my new AT (will get pics up when I’m back in town).

The seam/action screw hole (I’m guessing it’s interchangeable between AICS 700) is rubbing the top of my ring finger.

Anyone else with this issue, did you just file/sand it smooth?

I’ve dry fired enough to where the hole doesn’t bother me unless I think about it.

I’ve dry fired enough to where the hole doesn’t bother me unless I think about it.

This is actually leaving a mark from dry firing. When I come off the grip to cycle bolt, I’m guessing I’m dragging my finger across it.

I’ll see if filing works. If not, I’m sure I’ll have a callous fairly quick and it won’t be a problem.

Reactions: AZLONGRIDER
This is actually leaving a mark from dry firing. When I come off the grip to cycle bolt, I’m guessing I’m dragging my finger across it.

I’ll see if filing works. If not, I’m sure I’ll have a callous fairly quick and it won’t be a problem.

Are you griping the rifle too hard? Firm pressure is all you need. But, your hands are different than mine so I’m sure your grip is different as well.

Debating on keeping/selling the barrel that came with my AT.

Any idea from the markings if this is a bartlein or not?

8FE88E90-B156-4ADD-B65C-92D6E785CD0B.jpeg

Cool. Pretty sure those are LW markings. Didn’t know they started doing 6.5 barrels. If you want to shoot a 6.5, keep it. LW barrels hammer.

That’s what I was looking for. Whether it was a Lothar or not.

I had the same issue with one of my ATs. Just filed it with a finger file.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
Cool. Pretty sure those are LW markings. Didn’t know they started doing 6.5 barrels. If you want to shoot a 6.5, keep it. LW barrels hammer.

Anyone have a fair price check if I do decide to sell it? Unfired.

Having 6 creed barrels spun up for it currently.

Results from a quick zero before shooting at our local 600yd range yesterday, I love this rifle. Velocity is right at 2860 with the 24" barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_1273.jpg
    IMG_1273.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: physguy88
Debating on keeping/selling the barrel that came with my AT.

Any idea from the markings if this is a bartlein or not?

View attachment 6986706
Thats from the UK, London Proof 2018. Probably a Lothar Walther or possibly a Sassen (formerly Border Barrels- tack drivers)- Not sure if they're using them.
Interesting fact, Accuracy International are one of the only gunmakers in the UK who don't send their guns to the proof House. they send a Proof assistant down to Portsmouth to test the guns/ barrels at the factory.

Reactions: aam
Thank you my friend! She's a looker. Is the proof barrel a bull or sendero contour? That sucker is FAT.

How do you like the Ckye pod? I’ve been looking at those and the Elite Iron bipod. Can’t decide.

I think it really depends on what type of shooting you do. If you are looking at the Elite Iron, which has a wide base, then the Ckye Pod wide base shouldnt be an issue for you. I really liked the Ckye Pod, but would go with the shorter legs if I had to do it over again. The standard legs are just too wide for a lot of positional shooting. If you do a lot of field type shooting off the ground the Ckye pod is amazing.

How do you like the Ckye pod? I’ve been looking at those and the Elite Iron bipod. Can’t decide.

I like it quite a bit so far. Although, I haven't really been able to exploit it's abilities since I've had it. Just prone stuff.

I will say this: I'm one of those extremely weight conscious people, but make the weight concession when the performance is there. The Ckye pod is quite heavy compared to my Atlas, but I still have it on there.

I didn't realize until just now that shorter legs are an option. I would definitely the PRS version if I were buying again. I'm 99% sure that wasn't available when I got mine. The length of the legs would be more of an issue if you couldn't widen the footprint so easily

I didn't realize until just now that shorter legs are an option. I would definitely the PRS version if I were buying again. I'm 99% sure that wasn't available when I got mine. The length of the legs would be more of an issue if you couldn't widen the footprint so easily

I got mine on Black Friday and the short leg version wasn't an option, it only came available in early December. I sold mine and have an Atlas Cal on the way

I got mine on Black Friday and the short leg version wasn't an option, it only came available in early December. I sold mine and have an Atlas Cal on the way

Yeah, that kinda chaps me a little bit. I couldn't reasonably expect a company to update people making an order that they have a new version in the works, but it would have been really good info. I just ordered mine no more than 6 weeks ago. Now I see that they offer the shorter legs, which is nice, but they're $175. That means I'll be over $600 in a bipod... I know I have a ton of expensive shit in those pics, but I worked a LOT of overtime over many years to get that stuff.

Yeah, that kinda chaps me a little bit. I couldn't reasonably expect a company to update people making an order that they have a new version in the works, but it would have been really good info. I just ordered mine no more than 6 weeks ago. Now I see that they offer the shorter legs, which is nice, but they're $175. That means I'll be over $600 in a bipod... I know I have a ton of expensive shit in those pics, but I worked a LOT of overtime over many years to get that stuff.

Yeah I was a little turned off by it also. I really liked the Ckye Pod, just not the standard legs. I didnt have any issues selling it for a reasonable price in the PX.

Great looking rifle by the way, I love the Sage Green AX's and I am super jealous.

Yeah I was a little turned off by it also. I really liked the Ckye Pod, just not the standard legs. I didnt have any issues selling it for a reasonable price in the PX.

Great looking rifle by the way, I love the Sage Green AX's and I am super jealous.

Thanks, Brother. Sage green wasn't anything that initially jumped out to me, but I got the rifle as a demo from Europtic and I really like it. I'm sure a ton of people will hate me for it, but it'll be getting a spray can camo paint job soon.

Thanks, Brother. Sage green wasn't anything that initially jumped out to me, but I got the rifle as a demo from Europtic and I really like it. I'm sure a ton of people will hate me for it, but it'll be getting a spray can camo paint job soon.

Once you come to your senses you can strip that rattle can off :LOL: