• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Accuracy International Picture Thread

No, I don’t have any problems. The hinges have enough friction to keep the stocks from flopping around even without the lock. There are absolutely no draw backs to samb300’s thumb rests that I have found or noticed. I highly recommend them. They provide a perfect support when you do use them, and are 100% out of the way and don’t effect normal use at all when you don’t use them. I’ve used them on both an AT and my two AX chassis’, and have no complaints at all about them.

Shot this group yesterday while sighting in my AIAT. No rifle photo (too busy sighting things in for a match next weekend), but for an “obsolete” Thee-Oh-Hate shooting 168s using a “vintage” USO ST-10, she doesn’t do too bad, eh? :giggle:

Ran outside and snapped a quick photo. Nothing fancy, but she looks good with the ST-10 up top.

Last edited:
Is there currently an option for an Arca rail spigot for an AT? I feel like I read @samb300 was working on one, but I cant remember what thread it was in.

Is there currently an option for an Arca rail spigot for an AT? I feel like I read @samb300 was working on one, but I cant remember what thread it was in.

I have a final design, it’s waiting to be machined along with the picatinny version. I have partnered with Anarchy Outdoors to license and manufacture the bipod mounts and some other parts I’ve designed, I’ll keep you guys posted when they’re closer to being available on their website.

Sam

Another pic. Zeroing the 338LM barrel for the first time. View attachment 7036602

My range day is going a little different than yours. But I'm sure they are equally as fun.

I'm putting the first rounds through my "Certified Pre-Owned" AX and all I can say is it's everything I wanted it to be and nothing I didn't.

Anyone tried the Sawtooth Rifles AT Arca rail? I like the look and length better than the newer RRS model, but I'm curious who all has used it so far.

Anyone tried the Sawtooth Rifles AT Arca rail? I like the look and length better than the newer RRS model, but I'm curious who all has used it so far.

I have one and love it. Its lower profile than some of the others. It has stops at the fore and aft to stop the bipod from coming off. Locks down super tight. I was using the RRS BAI-AT and switched to the Sawtooth rail

Reactions: OzzyO20
OzzyO20, I have the Sawtooh AT rail. I like it. I shoot off the tripod a decent amount and like having the rifle as close to the tripod as possible. That was the main reason I went with it. It's also nice that is is longer to mount the bipod too but I am still waiting for a RRS Btc-Pro to come back in stock so I can use it with my bipod.

Thanks @blbennett1288 and @Chasing3 . I have the first gen RRS plate, but only really for a flatter spot to ride a bag on. I saw a few stages this weekend where having a bipod on an Arca rail would of been a HUGE help with speed and stability. Thought about trying an Arca spigot and the RRS plate, but I'm 100% sure I'd drop the bipod and lose a lot of time eventually tying to move it around.

Thanks @blbennett1288 and @Chasing3 . I have the first gen RRS plate, but only really for a flatter spot to ride a bag on. I saw a few stages this weekend where having a bipod on an Arca rail would of been a HUGE help with speed and stability. Thought about trying an Arca spigot and the RRS plate, but I'm 100% sure I'd drop the bipod and lose a lot of time eventually tying to move it around.

No problem, if you want any specific pictures of it I can snap some real quick, just let me know

Is there an attachment for the post 2014 stock that makes it a straight bag rider instead of the hand cutout?

I know you can take it off, but just curious if there is a piece that makes it all flush with the buttpad.

Is there an attachment for the post 2014 stock that makes it a straight bag rider instead of the hand cutout?

I know you can take it off, but just curious if there is a piece that makes it all flush with the buttpad.

Bugholes has one they just released, which bolts on to the pic rail. I’ve been working on one that’s more elegant (in my opinion) but I haven’t had the chance to finish it yet.

I assume you are talking about the AX? I don’t know of anything for the AT. I believe the Bugholes AX bag rider is what you are looking for.

Reactions: markgrabowski
I'm really digging the rail. RRS adapter on an Atlas PSR is the tits. Slight spin to unlock, slide bipod back, snug it, shoot. I went back and forth like you on the RRS plate on the back and spigot up front. I wanted the bipod farther out but on the same rail. RRS new rail doesn't go far enough out, so I figured I'd try the Sawtooth rail. It's been awesome.

Attachments

• 6FE004C1-959C-4332-A97E-04A3509768BA.jpeg
    6FE004C1-959C-4332-A97E-04A3509768BA.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:
No picture to post (yet) but figured that this would be the group to ask...

Any of y'all running mag extensions on your AX mags (short action #667's)? If so, what brand are you running? This was asked in a previous (and much older) thread but never answered. Pretty much making out my order list and want to grab everything at once.

I've always wanted an AI but never thought I'd be able to afford getting one new and setup the way I want it. Shit has changed and even the wife is giving the thumbs up. It's going to be a Christmas summer for this guy.

No picture to post (yet) but figured that this would be the group to ask...

Any of y'all running mag extensions on your AX mags (short action #667's)? If so, what brand are you running? This was asked in a previous (and much older) thread but never answered. Pretty much making out my order list and want to grab everything at once.

I've always wanted an AI but never thought I'd be able to afford getting one new and setup the way I want it. Shit has changed and even the wife is giving the thumbs up. It's going to be a Christmas summer for this guy.

If you're talking about factory 10-round AW or AX mags, no such mag extension exists because the bottom is welded on. There is a SH member that cut off the bottom and welded or somehow affixed a mag extension (like the Area 419), but that's pretty much a one-off solution you'd have to investigate yourself.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
If you're talking about factory 10-round AW or AX mags, no such mag extension exists because the bottom is welded on. There is a SH member that cut off the bottom and welded or somehow affixed a mag extension (like the Area 419), but that's pretty much a one-off solution you'd have to investigate yourself.
Ahhh ok, thanks for the heads up man.

How are everyone's proof barrels shooting? I had a prefit come in today. Not sure if I should sell it or keep it as a spare/hunting barrel. I already have a factory 65 barrel
image.jpg

How are everyone's proof barrels shooting? I had a prefit come in today. Not sure if I should sell it or keep it as a spare/hunting barrel. I already have a factory 65 barrel
View attachment 7038058

I took my 300 win mag proof prefit out last week and shot multiple 5 shot groups with factory GMM in the .3 -.4 range. I am very pleased so far!

6.5 creed? What length? I'm curious what load you're running and speed you're seeing. What's the proof chambered?
Proof and ai are factory 6.5 creedmoor barrels.
Have not shot either.
Been ahooting my 26" dta with hornady 140 amaxs. Getting 2830fps out of them

I've been shooting 308 out of the AI with a 16" barrel plus suppressor. I keep having issues with the barrel getting loose when hot. I torqued the screw to 65 inch hopefully that fixes it have not shot it since

Proof and ai are factory 6.5 creedmoor barrels.
Have not shot either.
Been ahooting my 26" dta with hornady 140 amaxs. Getting 2830fps out of them

I've been shooting 308 out of the AI with a 16" barrel plus suppressor. I keep having issues with the barrel getting loose when hot. I torqued the screw to 65 inch hopefully that fixes it have not shot it since
What kind of torque are you applying to the barrel itself?

For those of y’all with AI factory 6.5CM barrels what factory ammo shoots well through them? I am specifically looking for lower SD and ES.

Pretty much anything I run through it will group well at 100 yards, 0.3-0.5”. I have tried Hornady 140gr ELD-Ms, Prime, Hornady 140gr BTHP, Federal Gold Medal Berger 130gr. All of these are SDs 15-30 and ES 45-80. Federal I only tried one box of but it was pretty bad. All of the others were multiple boxes.

I got some Copper Creek 139gr Lapua Scenars with Lapua brass and they ran consistently around SD 6-7 ES 20-25 over 80 rounds

At this point I am just considering starting to reload.

Reactions: Badfinger
For those of y’all with AI factory 6.5CM barrels what factory ammo shoots well through them? I am specifically looking for lower SD and ES.

Pretty much anything I run through it will group well at 100 yards, 0.3-0.5”. I have tried Hornady 140gr ELD-Ms, Prime, Hornady 140gr BTHP, Federal Gold Medal Berger 130gr. All of these are SDs 15-30 and ES 45-80. Federal I only tried one box of but it was pretty bad. All of the others were multiple boxes.

I got some Copper Creek 139gr Lapua Scenars with Lapua brass and they ran consistently around SD 6-7 ES 20-25 over 80 rounds

At this point I am just considering starting to reload.

Reloading is always the way to go. If u want, try www.defenderammunition.com

The 142gr smk loads gave me a 7 SD out of my old nucleus build. Sub .5 at 100 too. 2750 fps out of a 26" rock creek cut rifle barrel

Also, if you can find the Berger ammo, it gave me an SD of 6 out of the same rifle.

Sorry it wasnt out of an AI. Mine is otw and it doesnt have a factory barrel either

@blbennett1288,

I didn't even know that AI made factory 6.5CM barrels. Are they LW?

At any rate, when I bought my AT, I also bought a 24" 6.5CM barrel with it. I have no idea who EO uses to make their named barrels. Since then I also have bought a 24" PROOF CF barrel. Each barrel has about 1,200 rounds through them.

I shoot either PRIME or Hornady 140 ELD-M. I have shot both of these rounds to 1,300 yards. My SDs are lower and so are my ES values. I don't remember exact numbers but I can look in my DOPE book and let you know.

I have no problem with engaging plates at those distances.

Are you worried about the numbers in and of themselves or do you think those numbers will limit your performance? You shooting bullseye for groups or plates?

Reloading is always the way to go. If u want, try www.defenderammunition.com

The 142gr smk loads gave me a 7 SD out of my old nucleus build. Sub .5 at 100 too. 2750 fps out of a 26" rock creek cut rifle barrel

Also, if you can find the Berger ammo, it gave me an SD of 6 out of the same rifle.

Sorry it wasnt out of an AI. Mine is otw and it doesnt have a factory barrel either

@BLKWLFK9 You are not the first one to tell me to try Berger, so I am going to have to give that a try.

What brass is the Defender ammo loaded into?

Last edited:
@blbennett1288,

I didn't even know that AI made factory 6.5CM barrels. Are they LW?

At any rate, when I bought my AT, I also bought a 24" 6.5CM barrel with it. I have no idea who EO uses to make their named barrels. Since then I also have bought a 24" PROOF CF barrel. Each barrel has about 1,200 rounds through them.

I shoot either PRIME or Hornady 140 ELD-M. I have shot both of these rounds to 1,300 yards. My SDs are lower and so are my ES values. I don't remember exact numbers but I can look in my DOPE book and let you know.

I have no problem with engaging plates at those distances.

Are you worried about the numbers in and of themselves or do you think those numbers will limit your performance? You shooting bullseye for groups or plates?

@Nik H I am just looking for something more consistent. Best case scenario with my data at 40fps ES that is a 0.3mil difference in elevation at 1k. Shooting a 10” plate at that distance will cause a miss.

Prime shot well in my Tikka but not a Rock Creek. Hornady ELD-Ms have always been for me about SD 15-25 ES 45-65

Last edited:
You are not the first one to tell me to try Berger, so I am going to have to give that a try.

What brass is the Defender ammo loaded into?

Jag. Theres not much info on it but I made a thread last year asking about it and apparently it's not bad. Better than federal or hornady but maybe not quite Norma brass.

@Nik H I am just looking for something more consistent. Best case scenario with my data at 40fps ES that is a 0.3mil difference in elevation at 1k. Shooting a 10” plate at that distance will cause a miss.

Prime shot well in my Tikka but not a Rock Creek. Hornady ELD-Ms have always been for me about SD 15-25 ES 45-65

Not sure about the runes on the barrel but they look like LW runes...somebody may know better than I do.

Regarding the ballistics - Used Labradar to measure two strings of 15. One was PRIME and the other was Hornady 140 ELD-M
  1. Hornady ELD-M Statistics
    1. Average MV - 2665 fps
    2. ES - 26
    3. SD - 11.3
  2. PRIME
    1. Average MV - 2876 fps
    2. ES - 27
    3. SD - 11.8
Temp = 62 deg F
RH=57%
SP=28.91
Barrel = 24" PROOF CF w/ Area 419 Hellfire brake

This data is pretty damn close to other days and environmental conditions (other than MV). SD and ES values are always close to these one way or another.

What are you using for a chronograph?

Last edited:
Not sure about the runes on the barrel but they look like LW runes...somebody may know better than I do.

Regarding the ballistics - Used Labradar to measure two strings of 15. One was PRIME and the other was Hornady 140 ELD-M
  1. Hornady ELD-M Statistics
    1. Average MV - 2665 fps
    2. ES - 26
    3. SD - 11.3
  2. PRIME
    1. Average MV - 2876 fps
    2. ES - 27
    3. SD - 11.8
Temp = 62 deg F
RH=57%
SP=28.91
Barrel = 24" PROOF CF w/ Area 419 Hellfire brake

This data is pretty damn close to other days and environmental conditions (other than MV). SD and ES values are always close to these one way or another.

What are you using for a chronograph?

@Nik H Magnetospeed V3 with new batteries and clean bayonet. I really don’t think there is any issue with the setup as the numbers are consistent for each ammo. The rifle groups well will anything at 100 yards, all 0.3-0.5”.

Prior to 2/1 I had 75 rounds through the barrel. At the end of the day I had 195

3/4 I put 115 on it for a total of 310. Temperature is lower but looks like the barrel sped up.

Last edited:
@Nik H Magnetospeed V3 with new batteries and clean bayonet. I really don’t think there is any issue with the setup as the numbers are consistent for each ammo. The rifle groups well will anything at 100 yards, all 0.3-0.5”. 390 rounds on the barrel

View attachment 7038893
View attachment 7038896
View attachment 7038894
View attachment 7038895

Not familiar with the MS. Doubt it is the chronograph but thought I would ask.

Both of my barrels are very close. In a couple of months (Early May), I will be picking up a 26" Stainless Steel Krieger that is being chambered by Robert Gradous. I will be testing that as well to see if the results vary.

Did you try posting this in one of the reloading or ballistics forums? Some better people than me may have an answer

Reactions: blbennett1288
Well I called AI USA to inquire about some merch. Turns out the person that ran the online store passed away & they just haven't been able to get it back online. I was told it should be happing sooner than later.

After some chit chat the gentleman asked for my name and address. A few cool things arrived in the mail.

Thank you AI USA!

Stickers, coasters (or targets?) and a hat!

Well I called AI USA to inquire about some merch. Turns out the person that ran the online store passed away & they just haven't been able to get it back online. I was told it should be happing sooner than later.

After some chit chat the gentleman asked for my name and address. A few cool things arrived in the mail.

Thank you AI USA!

Stickers, coasters (or targets?) and a hat!

View attachment 7038923
Very cool. The coaster/targets have been part of a Instagram/Facebook group/photo competition for a hat... that you already have lol.

Sad to hear it closed due to someone’s passing, but hell yeah on them working to get it up again. I need some swag for my Pelican, maybe I’ll give them a ring, but definitely looking forward to them getting the shop re-opened!