• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Is the base plate/pad on the bottom of your AXMC magazine bolted on? Wondering how it's attached. I see those mags are available to purchase on MH, but I haven't seen one in person.

Sam, the AXMC mag baseplates are similar to an AR Pmag, they slide over receiving flanges on the bottom of the mag body and are retained by the spring & follower.

Last edited:
Sam, the AXMC mag baseplates are similar to an AR Pmag, they slide over receiving flanges on the bottom of the mag body and are retained by the follower.

Wow, ok, I didn't realize any AI mags didn't have welded base plates on them.

Based on the pictures, I'm assuming it's polymer?

It's interesting, now looking at the ASR pics, it appears the 308 magazine has the detachable base pad, where the norma mag magazines are welded.

Yep, the locking plate on the bottom of the spring and the baseplate are both polymer.

What Kiba said, thanks for fielding that one! If you like I could pull it apart. At least I think I can.

Guys, I’m going to pick up a NF 7-35. I know the AXMC already has 30 MOA built in the rail, how much if any, cant are you putting in the Spuhr? Currently and for awhile in the future I’ll be shooting 260(God’s caliber), and 338LM. I must be able to zero both at 100yds.
What did you decide?
I am on the same boat but shooting 338LM. May be reach 2000 2100 yard max.

10 moa mount plus 30 moa plus half if the NF 735 range of 100 moa gives it 90 moa total. That is enough for 2100 yard drop.

20190315_191023.jpg

Has anyone seen a mag spring like the longer one shown here? Anyone know what the deal is?

Can anyone give me some insight on the value of an AI marked S&B mkII 4-16x50? Condition is excellent with the AI mount.

Thanks for the help!

Todd

Spuhr 4602/20.6 MOA on top of the "maybe" 10 MOA rail will work fine with that 56mm objective and make use of that available elevation. Easy to zero a NF 7-35 at 100 yds with that setup.

Picked up the EuroOptic Range demo from my dealer yesterday. My first AX is all but done. I have a few small things on order like a Sawtooth Rail, Hoptic Cheekpiece and quiver, but that should be about it. It’s going to be a long wait until I get to take her out on Monday. Sadly, I don’t think the AT is going to get much love anymore.

Specs:
AI 6.5CM 24” barrel
Silencerco Hybrid
Atlas Cal Gen2 w/ RRS BTC pro clamp
Tangent Theta 525p Gen2xr
Spuhr 4602
Accuracy First Level

What did you decide?

10 moa mount plus 30 moa plus half if the NF 735 range of 100 moa gives it 90 moa total. That is enough for 2100 yard drop.

I was thinking about going with a 10MOA. I called Mike at Mile High and talked with him for a bit. He suggested a 0 MOA mount and I went with that. I normally shoot 260 out of mine. If I really start shooting 338LM or anything big like that I’ll probably get one of those Charlie Tac mirror units. The 7-35 should be able to get me out to a mile with the 260 and that’s the farthest I occasionally shoot.

Got a question for all you quick lock guys. Does anyone use witness marks on the barrel locking bolt and receiver to maybe ensure proper(ish) torque when without a torque wrench, or is everyone just reliant on having a torque wrench on them.

Got a question for all you quick lock guys. Does anyone use witness marks on the barrel locking bolt and receiver to maybe ensure proper(ish) torque when without a torque wrench, or is everyone just reliant on having a torque wrench on them.

Exactly what I do and my zero is always repeatable so far

What did you decide?

I was thinking about going with a 10MOA. I called Mike at Mile High and talked with him for a bit. He suggested a 0 MOA mount and I went with that. I normally shoot 260 out of mine. If I really start shooting 338LM or anything big like that I’ll probably get one of those Charlie Tac mirror units. The 7-35 should be able to get me out to a mile with the 260 and that’s the farthest I occasionally shoot.

If it's any help I've got the NF 7-35 on my AXSA in a Spuhr QDP 4002 (0 MOA) mount. Zero'd @ 100yrds I've got 22.1 mils up and I was 13.5mils from the bottom prior to setting up the zero stop. Even at 35x there's still 4.5mils I could hold in the T3 reticle. Impressive to be getting over 35mils of total elevation from the 7-35 very pleased with that scope.

Question for you guys. I’m buying a 6.5 barrel at the end of the month. How close does this sage green colored AI barrels match the AT green side stocks? Worst case I can repaint it but I don’t want it looking blatantly different than the chassis.

Thanks!

Question for you guys. I’m buying a 6.5 barrel at the end of the month. How close does this sage green colored AI barrels match the AT green side stocks? Worst case I can repaint it but I don’t want it looking blatantly different than the chassis.

Thanks!

The picture is deceiving, the sage green is a shade or 2 lighter

Does anyone know the Cerakote code for AI Flat Dark Earth colour? I want to get my mod done to match the barrel. Thanks!

Reactions: jim996
Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the value of an AICS 2.0 chassis in FDE? The one used for the Mk15 Mod5. I've had people tell me $1000 and others say over $2000. Figured I would consult the experts.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on the value of an AICS 2.0 chassis in FDE? The one used for the Mk15 Mod5. I've had people tell me $1000 and others say over $2000. Figured I would consult the experts.

This would be a good question for @AIAW

Very subjective unfortunately because there isn't enough of those sold to really know. A rarity these days for sure (2.0 makes a world of difference, which is good).

Very good condition, all screws and everything intact... I personally wouldn't take a dime less than $2,000 for it. You just don't see those around any more. I might hang on to it for a while at that price - or just give up and keep it (I like the latter better).

Are you the buyer or the seller?

Wow that's great to hear. I'm actually neither, I had just gotten one for a trade and wanted to know how well I made out if at all. I have a buddy that was a Ranger Batt. sniper when the Mk13 Mod5 was fielded and he has helped me build it to his standards so I wont be getting rid of it in this lifetime I don't believe. Thank you for that quick response!

Wow that's great to hear. I'm actually neither, I had just gotten one for a trade and wanted to know how well I made out if at all. I have a buddy that was a Ranger Batt. sniper when the Mk13 Mod5 was fielded and he has helped me build it to his standards so I wont be getting rid of it in this lifetime I don't believe. Thank you for that quick response!

Very nice indeed. Going to be sweet! If I were in your position, I wouldn't sell it either ;)

Reactions: Girth Brooks
Yeah I had traded a well used SOCOM16 for the chassis and $400 cash. It was brand new in a sealed vapor bag. I have no idea how he got it.

Yeah I had traded a well used SOCOM16 for the chassis and $400 cash. It was brand new in a sealed vapor bag. I have no idea how he got it.

Still in a bag? Trash gets placed into bags. Sounds like it was meant to be thrown out. I can take care of that for you if ya want. I'm on my way to the dumpster and it wouldn't be a problem at all. Just wanting to help :D

I will here in a bit I have to pick it up from my shop I just got it threaded for a break, which I know for some is like a mortal sin, but clone correct only matters to museums and mall ninjas if you ask me.

The SA rifle has a 6.5cm 20” Proof cf = 14# also have a 16” Proof 308
The AXMC is wearing a 300NM 26” with elite iron bipod = 20#

Easy to shoot/handle the SA offhand, not so much with the 20 pounder.
Majority of the weight is to there rear with the SA, have a 26” 300N Proof on order for AXMC

RC - yep you have unlimited range here...

View attachment 6872541
How much do your proof rifle weight with that barrel?

Flat trigger shoe installed...check
300 Norma spitting 210 vlds at 3100...check
Leica 2800.com pinging steel at 1500 like I'm warming up at 300....check

Damn good day to be a freedom loving American

20190419_095140.jpg

20190419_095129.jpg

Does anybody know if Berger .308 155.5 full bore ammo will run from AW mags? And has anybody shot them from 1:12 twist AI barrels?

I’m thinking about trying some in my 20” barrel.