• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I put a zero on mine. I shoot 260 and 338LM out of mine. If/when the time comes where I would need more, I’ll likely get a mirror and be done.

I haven't tested mine, but people are reporting 36-37 mils of total travel with a 7-35 ATACR. If I have 31.5 mils of remaining travel from my zero, I could assume I have at least 4.5 mils the other direction, correct? Is it safe to say I have enough of a buffer as to not be introducing any mechanical/optical issues by being totally topped out in the elevation travel?

I haven't tested mine, but people are reporting 36-37 mils of total travel with a 7-35 ATACR. If I have 31.5 mils of remaining travel from my zero, I could assume I have at least 4.5 mils the other direction, correct? Is it safe to say I have enough of a buffer as to not be introducing any mechanical/optical issues by being totally topped out in the elevation travel?

Sounds reasonable. I have 37.1 total in mine.

The only down side of zeroing close to the edge of the travel is that there will be some shadowing on the top of the field of view when at zero.

Those of you running a magnum caliber AXMC with the 30 MOA rail, and a Spuhr mount, did you go with a 0 cant rail or one with cant? I bought the 6mil/20.6 MOA Spuhr and with the zero stop set on my 7-35 Atacr, I have exactly 31.5 mils of elevation travel. I feel like my zero is pretty close the adjustment range limit. Should I run with this set up or opt for 0 MOA rail? With the 300 Norma I need approximately 22 mils to get to 2000 yards, which I feel will be the farthest I'll get an opportunity to shoot it.

So at 0 MOA you have 18 mils up and 18 mils down. 30 MOA cant is rougly 8.89 mils. 18 + 8.89 = 26.89 mils. You'd be fine with a zero MOA if you're having optical clarity issues with the 50 MOA total cant.

Reactions: smrkovsky
Had to post this pic taken by @JT505 of my AT at the Alaska PRC pr1 class last weekend. The rifle was an absolute tack driver and made me look good.
FBE612A5-6242-4B15-9D96-7CEBD6F814AC.jpeg

If anyone with an AX or AXMC has ever wanted an anti-rotation QD sling mount option for the forend, I designed one that is now available through Anarchy Outdoors.

It’s smaller, thinner, and more snag-free than the factory pic rail/QD mount combo. It is also anti-rotation, with stops at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o’clock. Each stop has approximately 15 degrees of rotation, so there’s still enough room to get comfortable while you’re slung up for positional shooting.

Material is 4140 steel which is Black Nitrided after machining. I wanted to go with steel versus aluminum for the extra strength and durability, even if it is a little heavier. Total weight including the two screws is only 1.3oz.

This will work on both pre-14 and post-14 AX, AXMC, AX338 and AX-AICS forends. All you will need is the correct mounting screws for your forend (you can purchase with or without screws depending on if you need them).

Let me know what you guys think!

Sam

600E5C7E-CBC1-4FF6-AD16-FE0524999F34.jpeg

635A9D13-49CE-4B26-9A86-089BAD535A86.jpeg

572F7B42-C1C6-4226-9B6B-077C114E99D5.jpeg

14F5D321-6EC0-4E45-A59D-F7580EA283A0.jpeg

My "new to me" AI AW just got shipped out today. Very excited. This, I believe, is an early production Arctic Warfare circa 1993. The barrel is still original as well. Seems to be in good shape. The only downside is that the stock sides believed to be replaced with multicam aftermarket parts....or maybe it has been hydro dipped and original side is just underneath... I will find out next week when it arrives.

Last edited:
My "new to me" AI AW just got shipped out today. Very excited. This, I believe, is an early production Arctic Warfare circa 1993. The barrel is still original as well. Seems to be in good shape. The only downside is that the stock sides believed to be replaced with multicam aftermarket parts....or maybe it has been hydro dipped and original side is just underneath... I will find out next week when it arrives.

View attachment 7095072
I love the multi cam. I'd leave it and just go on the hunt for another set of skins. I just obtained a dark earth set for my AWSM. Now I can go green or tan!
IMG_20190427_182213296.jpg

IMG_20190611_134418302.jpg

Someone said team AI was shooting 6BRs. Anyone know if they had to modify anything other than their mags to shoot 6BR without feeding/ejection issues?
I think they were all shooting standard calibers. But I know of a few dabbled with BR calibers using HRD mag spacers. I’m not team AI but that’s what i got to feed very reliably out of my AX. But then again I got 223 to work when everyone said it wouldn’t.

But HRD mag spacers make easy work of BR calibers.

I think they were all shooting standard calibers. But I know of a few dabbled with BR calibers using HRD mag spacers. I’m not team AI but that’s what i got to feed very reliably out of my AX. But then again I got 223 to work when everyone said it wouldn’t.

But HRD mag spacers make easy work of BR calibers.

To clarify, you got your AX to eject fired 6BR cases reliably (or one of the 6BR variants)? If so, did you have to modify anything other than use the HRD mag kit?

I ask because there have been a few people that have had 6 Dasher barrels spun up only to ditch them because they have ejection issues with the short cases.

Reactions: trophyhunter
To clarify, you got your AX to eject fired 6BR cases reliably (or one of the 6BR variants)? If so, did you have to modify anything other than use the HRD mag kit?

I just had a 6BRX barrel spun up by Straight Jacket Armory and I will be running HRD mag kits in my AW mags. Goal is to do some load development on Wed/Thurs this week and try out these mag kits!

Reactions: Aaron47pb

I ask because there have been a few people that have had 6 Dasher barrels spun up only to ditch them because they have ejection issues with the short cases.
I’ve ran 2 barrels in my AX
1 in Dasher with 1600rds
Now in BRA and a tad over 1000rds

Didn’t have to do anything to the rifle, just the spacer for the mags. It feeds & ejects flawlessly.

6 BR with HRD kits with a little lip tweaking up front....
Just had a BRX barrel done up but all I’ve done with it is FF brass. Feeds just as slick as the parent case.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
Hello AI owners,

Im considering purchasing an AI in 338 LM. Ive purchased scope bases from Milehighshooting in the past, but never ordered a rifle from them. I would appreciate any info on ordering a rifle from MHS, or anyone else, before I
place an order. Feel free to pm me or post up here.

Thank you!
Gar

Hello AI owners,

Im considering purchasing an AI in 338 LM. Ive purchased scope bases from Milehighshooting in the past, but never ordered a rifle from them. I would appreciate any info on ordering a rifle from MHS, or anyone else, before I
place an order. Feel free to pm me or post up here.

Thank you!
Gar

Mile High is good to go, call and talk to Mike.

Reactions: Gar.

Im
I'm using the HRD kit on my AX in 6BR and it feeds and ejects fine. Gradious barrel, 88 gr Berger Varmint, 31.0 Varget. My prairie dog rig.

Is that the Sawtooth ARCA rail? If so, how do you think it compares to the RRS plate (if you’ve used it) for working off a bag on a barricade?
It is the Sawtooth Arca rail. I've not used the RRS plate, newer or older version. I think the Sawtooth works plenty fine. I preferred the Sawtooth over RRS because it put the bipod a touch farther out. 26" barrel plus 9" can is out there, and I wanted the bipod as far forward as feasible. The RRS is slightly thicker, but you still have the magazine messing with you. I've thought of folding the bipod backwards and using the bipod thickness to match up to the mag, but I've never tested it beyond a thought.

Reactions: OzzyO20
Is that the Sawtooth ARCA rail? If so, how do you think it compares to the RRS plate (if you’ve used it) for working off a bag on a barricade?

I’ve got a Sawtooth rail on my AT too and much prefer it to the RRS plate. Main advantage it being lower profile....

Locks up just as well on a tripod IMO.

Reactions: OzzyO20
I’ve got something cool in the works for you AT owners. It doesn’t extend past the front of the forend, but that’s on purpose because of the RRS/Arca spigot mount I have which is a better solution to getting the bipod farther out.

It does, however, extend all the way to the magwell with no “gap,” and it also facilities a 14oz internal steel weight.

A447CF3B-5A05-40DF-B1A3-B484E9E23C26.jpeg

I’ve got something cool in the works for you AT owners. It doesn’t extend past the front of the forend, but that’s on purpose because of the RRS/Arca spigot mount I have which is a better solution to getting the bipod farther out.

It does, however, extend all the way to the magwell with no “gap,” and it also facilities a 14oz internal steel weight.

View attachment 7096831

Sam, I really like the bipod being on the same plane beyond the chassis. It’s much quicker for stages that involve rain barrels.

Any chance of an extended version?

Reactions: Joshf303
Sam, I really like the bipod being on the same plane beyond the chassis. It’s much quicker for stages that involve rain barrels.

Any chance of an extended version?

I understand the desire for this in certain applications like you have mentioned. As discussed by Frank and some other SH users recently, there is some possible flex up front due to the limited screw attachments on the forend, which leaves those last few inches "floating" a bit.

The only way to do it right IMO is to tie the Arca forend rail into the spigot, similar to how Area 419 does with their MPA rail and factory spigot. Not sure that's worth pursuing but it's an option. Hell, with how stiff my spigot mount is I could conceivably extend it 6" out front. You wouldn't be able to reach it behind the gun, but it'd be an option haha.

Personally, I prefer the Arca spigot mount because it's so much closer to the bore and eliminates the flex. I'm willing to sacrifice the speed adjustments on some stages for the added stability on anything prone or modified prone. In my experience, moving the bipod 3" forward AND 1" closer to the bore is way more stable than simply moving it forward 3".

View attachment 7096831
This paired with your Spigot is soooo perfect!!! I was just talking to my buddy about going Arca and ditching my Hog Saddle.

When can we expect to see these Sam?

This paired with your Spigot is soooo perfect!!! I was just talking to my buddy about going Arca and ditching my Hog Saddle.

When can we expect to see these Sam?

I'm currently working on finalizing the CAD files and drawings for this. I have three 3D prints out there, and they all fit as intended. Based on how long the bipod mounts took to go from drawings to final parts, this will take a few months at least. I'll keep you guys posted, and thanks for the feedback!

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
Reactions: Basher

View attachment 7096831
[/QUOT

View attachment 7096831
Nice! Approx. how much lower profile is this going to be compared to RRS Gen2 rail? I. Like it that it doesn't have the gap like the RRS rail

Attachments

• 20180817_212837.jpg
    20180817_212837.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 124

I don’t have the drawings in front of me but I believe the total rail thickness is 0.35”.

55B7C3D3-D0D4-4F05-9EC8-9F2BD564092C.jpeg