• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Ok I made a sticker for you fags and your little notches

New Project 4.jpg

what is a good sling for the AX? I’m in the market for one.

My favorite of all time sling is the Rifles Only Carbine sling. Don't let the word "carbine" throw u off. To me, it is the perfect precision rifle sling for carbines and/or bolt guns.
Thanks.. I’ll look into it

Rifles only bungie sling works really well. I like mine
Was looking in their web. And they have a precision rifle sling? But main use is to carry this brick. With some hunting use. And don’t wanna risk dropping it either if the Rap is mounted.

Single point slings are pretty useless for bolt guns. A quality dual point sling is the way. With the RO slings, if u want to carry the gun muzzle down, run it with the bungee attached to the buttstock, if you want to run it muzzle up, bungee side towards the front. Running it muzzle down allows you to actually to utilize the sling for shooting as well. Just my .02.

@Rhed how long are you carrying this lead weight? I mean, if it's for more than 5-10 minutes, this puss wants two shoulders equally supporting it (Tab Biathlon or backpack). Otherwise all I'd be doing is swapping shoulders every two minutes.

If it's only for, say, "Hey son, carry the range bag while I carry this damn AX to the bench" sort of deal, then go for the sling below to scare everyone out of the range shack:

whoa.jpg

Any thoughts on these? I called my son to ask what gear he uses. He buys all tactical gear from this site. https://haleystrategic.com/shop/soft-goods/slings/d3-sling
The D3 Sling was not designed with precision rifles in mind. The D3 SLK sling can be used on lighter bolt guns but again still not optimal in my opinion. If you want to try one of the D3 slings for any other rifle of yours shoot me a direct message and I'll give you my work email and have a discount code created for you.

Spraying the tenon threads on the receiver and stuff with brake clean / jet lube (like brake clean)

GTG or? Cleaning up my action since I have it in the garage and am just curious. I can't imagine why I couldn't but figured I'd be sure

Awesome! Sprayed the shit out of it and now she's all nice and clean lol

Thanks for the heads up, I do eventually plan on learning to weld and will commit this to memory.

Reactions: carbonbased
Awesome! Sprayed the shit out of it and now she's all nice and clean lol

Make sure you get some anti-sneeze/koprkote/dope on the tenon threads before you install that barrel again. Squeaky clean stainless galls stupid easy, and thats a sickening feeling.

Reactions: deersniper
Ah fuck. I did not do that. Hopefully it'll come off this evening 😬😬😬

Do you need to convert a sling for massive AI bolt gun into a single point sling? Wouldn't you be dragging the suppressor in the dirt?

Padded AR slings are usually backwards for heavy bolt guns. The padding on a carbine or machine gun sling is towards the buttstock. The way most people carry a bolt gun at matches is muzzle up so you need the padding towards the front of the hanguard because that's the part of the sling that hangs on your shoulder and neck. Obviously you can just reverse the sling but I don't see the purpose of buying a highly specialized AR sling and then use it backwards.

Check out Blue force gear slings. Very similar to the previous one I posted but twice as expensive of you want the latest in assaulter fashion.

I have a Haley D3 sling, it's on the wife's AR-15 in two point configuration.

I can confirm that the D3 sling would not be optimal for precision rifle use. It's very narrow, with very minimal padding.

I use the RO bungee slings on my rifles.

Make sure you get some anti-sneeze/koprkote/dope on the tenon threads before you install that barrel again. Squeaky clean stainless galls stupid easy, and thats a sickening feeling.

So what’s the official take on using anti-seize on with the AI’s?

Other quick change platforms, I used it. But thought I read you’re not supposed to put it on the AX threads.

Price is way outta my budget. And even if I could, I can’t wait till q3. Sooo.. I went poors..

double up on packing tape. Well for now, until I can afford Velcro..
View attachment 7935153
Honestly your number 1 torque head on your scope mount bothers me more than your receiver dings. How do you strip a torque head out ?

Last edited: