• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

D972E397-D00F-494E-9763-F57340E40C51.jpeg

From Absolute Zero a couple weeks ago, having a blast shooting the regional PRS for the first time!

How did the two chronographs compare ?
Chart added above. No analysis yet. ST did not pickup suppressed shots. I only had a limited time so I did not mess with attachment points to try and get it working. I'd like get your Andi and a Magneetospeed and do all four at once to see the results.

Last edited:
Did some velocity testing with the ATX in 6BR Saturday on R4 at Quantico using the LR and SpeedTracker.

ETA - Speed Chart - No analysis yet conducted. Busy with life...

IMG_5977-2832973.jpg

IMG_5980-2832974.jpg

Velocity_Testing-2833003.jpg
Some significant differences. Been looking at the bullet seeker... interested to see how the comparisons come out.

Some significant differences. Been looking at the bullet seeker... interested to see how the comparisons come out.
It's something I've thought about. Absent the Applied Ballistics radar setup that tracks out to like 2 miles, does it make a difference in what either unit reports as long as there is consistency? If you true your velocity, I would think either unit would be acceptable.

Did some velocity testing with the ATX in 6BR Saturday on R4 at Quantico using the LR and SpeedTracker.

ETA - Speed Chart - No analysis yet conducted. Busy with life...

IMG_5977-2832973.jpg

IMG_5980-2832974.jpg

Velocity_Testing-2833003.jpg
Quoting my own post, but I had issues with the SpeedTracker picking up shots for the 300PRC and suppressed with the 6BR. I'm not going to mess with it, RMA from MidwayUSA and it's going back.

Reactions: Rhed
Quoting my own post, but I had issues with the SpeedTracker picking up shots for the 300PRC and suppressed with the 6BR. I'm not going to mess with it, RMA from MidwayUSA and it's going back.
Thanks for your review and thoughts. Was just about to pull the trigger on one this week. Guess I’ll continue using my Lr.

Reactions: Defender3
Thanks for your review and thoughts. Was just about to pull the trigger on one this week. Guess I’ll continue using my Lr.
Not intending to clog up the pic thread or dump on the ST, but I bought mine after a shooting buddy brought his out and used it on his MC in 6.5, worked fine. We took his and put it on my 300PRC and had limited success with very few captures. I bought one anyways thinking I would adjust the location to get through the gas cloud and capture velocities, and because Midway began carrying them. Unfortunately, even with multiple attempts in differing locations on the rail and with differing mounts, it didn't work for me. Second attempt was this weekend with the 6BR (thinking I'd learn about the unit and apply it to the PRC), but when it didn't work suppressed, I decided I didn't want to lose $1100. ST is clear they'll work with you to resolve any issue, but I was within Midway's return window and decided that was the best course of action for me.

IMG_5143.jpg

Not intending to clog up the pic thread or dump on the ST, but I bought mine after a shooting buddy brought his out and used it on his MC in 6.5, worked fine. We took his and put it on my 300PRC and had limited success with very few captures. I bought one anyways thinking I would adjust the location to get through the gas cloud and capture velocities, and because Midway began carrying them. Unfortunately, even with multiple attempts in differing locations on the rail and with differing mounts, it didn't work for me. Second attempt was this weekend with the 6BR (thinking I'd learn about the unit and apply it to the PRC), but when it didn't work suppressed, I decided I didn't want to lose $1100. ST is clear they'll work with you to resolve any issue, but I was within Midway's return window and decided that was the best course of action for me.

View attachment 8152101
Good call on the return. I’ve read a few post in the hide also about the ST. With others having some issues and some don’t. I don’t mind spending 1100$. As long as it’s working and repeatable. But if I have to fuck with it, then no. I’ve had my Lr when it first ever came out. No issues for me. But it’s just s little cumbersome to pack.
I like the compact size of the ST. I’ll wait till all the bugs are sorted out first.

Reactions: Defender3
Guys, need your advice. Got a chance of getting an AIAW/308. I am a bit concerned since she has a round count of about 6000. How long do those barrels last and how many barrels could i use until the action is done. Is this ever going to happen? In my opinion the action itself should last a lifetime.

They are very rare and expensive over here in germany. Its the first one i saw in 5 years. Got a TRG and would finally like to check out myself about the differences of those 2. Both are military proven platforms which perform perfectly from my point of view.

My initial thought was go grab it for gods sake you wont get another chance🤣

Thanks for your input!

The rifle itself is in very good condition from what i could see.

Cheers

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Guys, need your advice. Got a chance of getting an AIAW/308. I am a bit concerned since she has a round count of about 6000. How long do those barrels last and how many barrels could i use until the action is done. Is this ever going to happen? In my opinion the action itself should last a lifetime.

They are very rare and expensive over here in germany. Its the first one i saw in 5 years. Got a TRG and would finally like to check out myself about the differences of those 2. Both are military proven platforms which perform perfectly from my point of view.

Thanks for your input!

Cheers
308 barrels last a long time. That one is definitely mature, but should still shoot very well. Barrels are consumables though, and for the chance at an AW id take it even if the barrel had 10k rounds through it. Any photos of the AW in question for us nerds?

Thanks for your input!

Cheers
The AW in my opinion is the holy grail of AI’s. So I guess how expensive is it and what is the price compared to say an AT or something similar if you can get that would sway my decision

I don’t know what, if anything, hoops you have to jump through over there to get a new barrel but here (US) I certainly wouldn’t let that round count scare me from it at the right price. You add a new barrel into he equation and for most people that 308 barrel will last them a lifetime

A 308 should have an easy life compared to other cartridges. But before you buy inspect things like the bolt face to make sure it doesn’t have pitting or anything like that. The condition of everything except the barrel would be my focus. Then just consider the barrel a needed future replacement in this purchase.

Last edited:
If the money is right and if it's in good condition as you said, I would go ahead with that purchase. If you do need another barrel, there are a couple of AI dealers in Germany if you can't import it over from Sporting Services UK. And remember, any barrel that will fit a AT, or AXSA will also fit the AW.

That would be like deciding not to purchase a dream car because it has bald tires. If the rest of the rifle is in good shape buy the damn thing 👍🏼

Edit: and then post pics

Thanks for the input guys. Im not concerned about swapping the barrel, easy job. Bolt face looked fine to me when i inspected the gun.

It has a 24" barrel, not the original muzzle brake. That doesnt really bother me though. Its from sporting services in UK.

I will post pics in a week or two after buying. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity i guess. If i dont like it i can easily pass it on. Has a dovetail mount including a Spuhr mount and a S&B 3-20x50. Would be about 8000 Euros including parker hale cleaning rod, custom bore guide for cleaning, a Kestrel and a Stativ. Consider it a fair price for the whole package. Has the old stocksides aswell.

Cheers and thanks for the input.

A dovetail AW is hard as hell to come by. Been a while since I have seen one of those for sale. They look so much cleaner with the dovetail with either the AI or Spuhr mount.

Reactions: DKN83

Thanks for your input!

Cheers

Jacob Bynum has an AW with over 200 thousand rounds on the action.