• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Getting closer to first range trip with this AXMC. Waiting on a TBAC adapter.

IMG_2147.jpeg

RRS plate
Hoptic cheek piece
7-35 ATACR F1 Mil-C
Spuhr 4302

Picked up 3 boxes of Peterson 300NM 215 hybrids to get some brass and some N570.

Goal is to shoot a mile. Scope tracking test showed 100% to 20mils. After boresight looks like I’ll have plenty of adjustment for 2k+

Welp. Like @DKN83 above I started out with Sako TRG 22's, and still kinda consider myself a TRG man. Hell, you'll have to pry my TRG 22's out of my cold, dead hands! BUT as such things tend to happen....a new .338 AXSR FDE is now headed my way. Thanks to Michael at Euro, he rocks!

Will shortly get a 300 bolt and 300WM barrel. I believe I'll skip the Short Action as my TRGs have those covered.

I'm not a competitive shooter. Truth be told, I barely get to a range at all. I'm also not a reloader; so I'm looking for recommended factory loads to start with.

I've been accumulating Sako TRG ammo for my Sakos, as someone recommended Scenar bullets to me. Any ideas if the TRG ammo would be a good pair with the AXSR in 300WM/338LM too? Ammo is a sizeable investment, I'd like to get at least a decent stab in the dark initially.

Even with great gear, I'll still suck :p I'm already taking that for granted. But starting out right while I learn and get better should make it easier.

If this is a discussion better done in another thread, my apologies and point me the way.

Last edited:
Is it taken in Canada, just asking because so many TT on the picture :)
Nice view though, and i bet it aint bad scope either, never had change to eye ball thru one :(

Is it taken in Canada, just asking because so many TT on the picture :)
Nice view though, and i bet it aint bad scope either, never had change to eye ball thru one :(
Not Canada, NF ELr in Wyoming
NF ELR challenge. That's nolegs ASR wif the truck axle barrel with the AI sticker on it.
Correct, and my MC-LE, both running the Abel co Theorem-L suppressors

70916B82-EF4F-432B-8D50-DDDB34A2C92C.jpeg

Your next, cheap order ;)
Don’t see why not

Reactions: viking78
Okay you boujie fellas

What height rings do I need for my AT with high rail for a 3-18x56 scope?

Badger rings or MBrace?

Okay you boujie fellas

What height rings do I need for my AT with high rail for a 3-18x56 scope?

Badger rings or MBrace?

Are you running a clip on? Clip on height is always 1.35 min to 1.5.

Even if I wasn't running a clip on I would run 1.5 for comfort

Not Canada, NF ELr in Wyoming

Correct, and my MC-LE, both running the Abel co Theorem-L suppressors

View attachment 8168802

Don’t mind us, we’re out here stacking trophies at this point. Where tf is DeathBeforeDismountingDragonDildos
At when you need him. Probably still shooting with the highest density of AI shooters…

It is just a pitty, that there is NO importer for a AI in Finland.
I would love to these very fine rifles.
Kind of my goal of precision rifles.
These same price point rifles i have tested.
Sako TRG M10 in 308win and 338LM.

And Steyr SSG M1, it was in 308win.

Can't you just import one?

Sporting Services UK is the supplier to every country other than the USA and Australia.

Reactions: viking78
Don’t mind us, we’re out here stacking trophies at this point. Where tf is DeathBeforeDismountingDragonDildos
At when you need him. Probably still shooting with the highest density of AI shooters…
He’s still watching every day waiting for his ban to end…

Reactions: NoLegs24
I don't normally do this but I really feel like they deserve it. We mention them here but Sporting Services UK is excellent. Marked a "notify me" button on the below muzzle device, something I've been trying y track down for quite a while to get more of a "classic" AI look. Clicked the notify before I feel asleep and when I woke up I already had an email asking if I was interested in the threaded vs non threaded version. Told him my preference and within a day he must have found 2 in the back and sent me a link to purchase them directly. They list 1 in stock now if you are interested.... they are about $200 shipped.

Anyway, it's not often I find that service (never actually) just from a stock notify my button and felt it deserved the attention. Got a Lothar Walther barrel I won in medium palma that will make a nice pairing with this.

308_muzzle_grande.jpg

I don't normally do this but I really feel like they deserve it. We mention them here but Sporting Services UK is excellent. Marked a "notify me" button on the below muzzle device, something I've been trying y track down for quite a while to get more of a "classic" AI look. Clicked the notify before I feel asleep and when I woke up I already had an email asking if I was interested in the threaded vs non threaded version. Told him my preference and within a day he must have found 2 in the back and sent me a link to purchase them directly. They list 1 in stock now if you are interested.... they are about $200 shipped.

Anyway, it's not often I find that service (never actually) just from a stock notify my button and felt it deserved the attention. Got a Lothar Walther barrel I won in medium palma that will make a nice pairing with this.

View attachment 8171685
Coulda bought mine for $125!!

598820F9-40A2-4464-8FA6-A583102A746F.png
6B1C17DA-6CDA-44B8-BCE5-82A6BB92CA09.jpeg
41958CC6-D909-4D9D-B345-89F98ACCE517.jpeg
EFC6F135-28CE-4B79-B3E2-2525A80F6BCF.jpeg

I picked up a pretty old AX 338 off GB while back. The barrel is threaded in M18X1.5 which I think they quit doing back around 07. Finally made some ammo for it and going to test it this weekend, but thought I'd share a picture. Don't hate on the cantilever mount please - I didn't know what I was doing at first

Also, I think I’ll just cancel my gym membership and bicep curl the rifle from here on out.

Attachments

• AX 338.jpg
    AX 338.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:
What’d you pay ? I want to get one real cheap and put a 300nm barrel on it
$6,200 for rifle. It doesn’t have a scratch on it and seems like it was never even fired. Idk why guys buy guns and let them sit in their safe for twenty years unfired. The bolt doesn’t have a mark on it.

$6,200 for rifle. It doesn’t have a scratch on it and seems like it was never even fired. Idk why guys buy guns and let them sit in their safe for twenty years unfired. The bolt doesn’t have a mark on it.

Way outta ole Burt's price league lol

Accuracy International really needs to bring back legacy options. These are CONSISTENT sellers. I have emailed both sides of the pond on this matter to no avail. Makes me think they are HK-ish in NOT wanting to make money on obvious areas of civilian demand...

AI-AEskins.png
eBay.png

Last edited:
Am I missing something here with the factory axsr .308 conversion mags or are they only 7 rd capacity?

Should be 10 easy. Might want to check if the spring is binding in anyway. I had that happen when I took mine apart to repaint it.
Yea that binding spring at the bottom got me too when I took em apart to clean the first time.

Pulled it apart and reassembled and then fully depressed the spring and follower and that helped. Must have been a strange binding issue. Even still the 10th rd is hard to load but its a fresh mag so we will see. I really can't wait to get my axmc adapter installed into this sr so I can go back to my 12+14rd mags.

Pulled it apart and reassembled and then fully depressed the spring and follower and that helped. Must have been a strange binding issue. Even still the 10th rd is hard to load but its a fresh mag so we will see. I really can't wait to get my axmc adapter installed into this sr so I can go back to my 12+14rd mags.

Yea those mag changes are tough

• Haha
Reactions: M8541Reaper
Are you referencing the axmc mag adapter that locks into the axmc mag well for old type 308 mags? I didn’t think that would fit the axsr, the new style 308 sr mags have a built in spacer to replace that.

Accuracy International really needs to bring back legacy options. These are CONSISTENT sellers. I have emailed both sides of the pond on this matter to no avail. Makes me think they are HK-ish in NOT wanting to make money on obvious areas of civilian demand...

Please no! Not until they can fulfill all my back orders and watch list for bolts and bits for their current stuff.

Reactions: dinnerbucket
Looks like my AI is getting a new paint job while I impatiently wait for a scope mount to arrive.

Any thoughts on a color scheme? I was thinking hot pink and some gold glitter.

• Love
Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex