• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

My experience with Proof is only a sample size of one, and carbon at that... But I don't intend to try again.

I know others who will disagree vehemently though, so...
😳

Although my carbon proof has pitted badly with little moisture.

20230826_170200.jpg

My experience with Proof is only a sample size of one, and carbon at that... But I don't intend to try again.

I know others who will disagree vehemently though, so...
I'm on my 4th and 5th Proof Research barrels, 3 of which are CF and 2 steel. Admittedly, only 1 CF and 1 steel have had high round counts, the others are still below 1000. I haven't had any issues with them, and the CF barrels have been crazy easy to develop loads for.

In full disclosure, I tried 4 or 5 different factory loads & made a half-hearted attempt at developing a load for the PVA Cayuga bullet, nothing showed much promise. I'm not saying the answer isn't out there, but I sure haven't found it.

Love the shots ‘squirts! Couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys!! Shooting 300 PRC out to one and a half miles, even had my freshly built 18” 6.5 PRC smacking plates at 1500 yards!

IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7757.jpeg

I apologize for committing heresy by posting images of a non AI in this thread 😬😆

Last edited:
Correct 1:8 twist.

Tried the 130 grainers FGMM and it hated them, which sucks because that was the load I was hoping it was going to love.

Barrel clamp is torqued down, checked it with fix it sticks multiple times.

I’m going to pull the Brake and try it again. That’s the one thing I haven’t done.

I hope that’s all it is.

My 308 barrel has a 419 match, and like I said it drives tacks, so I figured the formula would work again on the 6.5…but from others mentioning that may not be the case.
Well a follow up post. Took the brake off and went to work this weekend. For those that asked the crown looked great, and the brake came off relatively easy with very little carbon on the crown.

Some Wierd results from shooting.

First everything tightened up, but it still hates anything that’s not Hornady.

The 130 bergers were 1.2 moa, the 140 FGMM was 1.3 moa, the Norma 143 was 1.2 moa.

For the Hornady the 140 ELD-M’s were just under 1 moa, the 147 ELD-M’s shot better at around 1/2 moa repeatedly for three 5 shot groups. The surprise of the day though was the 143 ELD-X precision hunter load. With the brake on the 143’s were a 1-1.5 moa, without the brake I shot my smallest group ever of .283. They just kept going in the same hole.

So the good news is the Brake definitely seems to have been an issue, the bad news is it’s still a relatively picky bitch, and of course it likes the more expensive ELD-X loading.

All in all an interesting day at the range, and only inaccurate guns are boring.

Thoughts?

First time stretching the AT. Beautiful day in the desert on Labor Day. Target with the gloves was at 1051 yards while the other was at 1282 yards. 6.5 Creed and 140 ELDM’s. Couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• DC1ACECF-019F-4F21-AA80-7083A9DFE751.jpeg
    DC1ACECF-019F-4F21-AA80-7083A9DFE751.jpeg
    704.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 03FEAB26-CCC5-47E4-A5C6-084565302438.jpeg
    03FEAB26-CCC5-47E4-A5C6-084565302438.jpeg
    814 KB · Views: 92
  • 1218BF8A-5187-4F02-88A9-7E1E94F0BD04.jpeg
    1218BF8A-5187-4F02-88A9-7E1E94F0BD04.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 6EA88704-81EF-4173-84AC-856C6ABFBA6F.jpeg
    6EA88704-81EF-4173-84AC-856C6ABFBA6F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
Haha, I haven’t bothered to use those group measuring photo apps. Probably a better way to do it, but I’m used to bringing the calipers and snapping a photo.

So impressed with this rifle. Have had more than a few customs over the last 15 years. The AT doesn’t necessarily shoot smaller groups, it’s just less picky and more consistent string to string. Just doesn’t seem to be bothered by much of anything. So far, I’m of the opinion that the AI hype is not just hype. It’s real.

Reactions: Brym427 and kujuak
Evening all,

Anyone know what this spigot piece is and what’s supposed to mount to it? Came with this R700 legacy AICS 2.0 I purchased, can’t find info on it online (probably didn’t look hard enough) and I can’t seem to figure out how to remove it either.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.6 KB · Views: 67
That’s a very late (circa 07) AICS one year only extended spigot shown with standard spigot below:

IMG_4165.jpeg

To remove it, remove the barreled action from the chassis and remove the skins as necessary.

Drive out the roll pin shown above. Drop the bipod stud. With a flat blade screwdriver, push the spigot as far forward (or back, it’s been a while) as it will go. Wiggle out the sling hook- it’ll be stuck in there pretty well because a rubber puck is holding it in place, then push the spigot out of the aluminum frame.

Duck and cover because this isn’t an AICS thread…. It’s an Accuracy International rifle thread.

Last edited:
That’s a very late (circa 07) AICS one year only extended spigot shown with standard spigot below:

View attachment 8221574

To remove it, remove the barreled action from the chassis and remove the skins as necessary.

Drive out the roll pin shown above. Drop the bipod stud. With a flat blade screwdriver, push the spigot as far forward as it will go. Wiggle out the sling hook- it’ll be stuck in there pretty well because a rubber puck is holding it in place, then push the spigot out of the aluminum frame.

Duck and cover because this isn’t an AICS thread…. It’s an Accuracy International rifle thread.
Thanks for the help - sorry for the post in the wrong place!

Anybody know if a pre-14 AX can use a post-14 forend?

I know there is a difference in attachments being counter bore v counter sunk. Curious if the rail attachment to chassis area has different geometry too.

Hi All!

Long story short, I'm a huge Counter Strike nerd and bought this rifle on a whim after seeing it at my LGS yesterday. Would someone please educate me on it? Any info would be awesome, but answers to these specific questions would be appreciated:

• Is this an "Original" AW or is it one of the chassis builds?
  • Is there a way to find out when it was manufactured?
  • How is the rifle set up from an enthusiast perspective? (Bipod, Scope, etc)
  • How much is this package worth?
Looking forward to learning about this hobby!

Hi All!

Long story short, I'm a huge Counter Strike nerd and bought this rifle on a whim after seeing it at my LGS yesterday. Would someone please educate me on it? Any info would be awesome, but answers to these specific questions would be appreciated:

• Is this an "Original" AW or is it one of the chassis builds?
  • Is there a way to find out when it was manufactured?
  • How is the rifle set up from an enthusiast perspective? (Bipod, Scope, etc)
  • How much is this package worth?
Looking forward to learning about this hobby!

If you didn't join yesterday, I'd swear you're trolling us.

@VSP968

AT-LE or AT-X, tough decision, what says the hive?

AT-LE or AT-X, tough decision, what says the hive?

Atx if you like the grip and don't mind the comp trigger and are going to play positional games.

If your going to be shooting from prone or a tripod most of the time at le is aight.

Ooooorrrrr you go big flex and get an le, debond that sucker and throw it in a ao vision chassis but bed it with a release agent so you can throw it in either chassis when you want. Then complete the trifecta and find a thumbhole folder just cuz and run that on occasion because you can....

Last edited:
Atx if you like the grip and don't mind the comp trigger are going to play positional games.

If your going to be shooting from prone or a tripod most of the time at le is aight.

Ooooorrrrr you go big flex get an le, debond it sucker and throw it in a ao vision chassis but bed it with a release agent so you can throw it in either chassis when you want. Then complete the trifecta and find a thumbhole folder just cuz and run that on occasion because you can....

Well the LE sold literally minutes before I could nab it. Looks like an AT-X is the answer.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Get this.

That's a good deal with the extras. You can get a barrel cheap.

Do they make keyslot hoptic quivers for 308/6.5? I see them for 338 on Mile High but can’t seem to find 308 size. For ATX

Atx if you like the grip and don't mind the comp trigger and are going to play positional games.

Ooooorrrrr you go big flex and get an le, debond that sucker and throw it in a ao vision chassis but bed it with a release agent so you can throw it in either chassis when you want. Then complete the trifecta and find a thumbhole folder just cuz and run that on occasion because you can....

Attachments

• IMG_7089.png
    IMG_7089.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Lol!

View attachment 8225720

I mean if one is buying Japanese glass might as well get the best aka vortex gen 3 razor and not have a rotating occular and a decent reticle...... Am I right @BurtG and @M8541Reaper ?

View attachment 8225721
I knew as soon as I received the tag notification that it was going to be about NF.

Your words hurt but it’s like my two mommas always said… you can put tits on a bull but you can’t expect a Jeep owner to understand class even if the MIL-XT is staring em in the face.

1694532579744.gif

I knew as soon as I received the tag notification that it was going to be about NF.

Your words hurt but it’s like my two mommas always said… you can put tits on a bull but you can’t expect a Jeep owner to understand class even if the MIL-XT is staring em in the face.

View attachment 8225766
1694533305642.gif