• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I have everything to load both. Same dies and all. I’ve loaded for both and the 260 trumps the 6.5 in my opinion. May have sac or Bugholes spin up a 260
Just get a prefit?

You neck down the 308 brass? I’m getting my feet into the reloading camp and having a 308 makes sense since I can buy one set of brass for both and just neck down and resize for 260

Just get a prefit?

You neck down the 308 brass? I’m getting my feet into the reloading camp and having a 308 makes sense since I can buy one set of brass for both and just neck down and resize for 260
Right. It comes down to do I get a take off from here or order a 260 barrel. I have the winter to decide or find one in the px. The 260 will trump the 6.5 in velocity. Which is what has me leaning that way

I run straight Lapua 260 or 6.5 brass. Have a bunch of either. Fire it, neck size with a Lee collet die, body side when needed with Redding.

Right. It comes down to do I get a take off from here or order a 260 barrel. I have the winter to decide or find one in the px. The 260 will trump the 6.5 in velocity. Which is what has me leaning that way

I run straight Lapua 260 or 6.5 brass. Have a bunch of either. Fire it, neck size with a Lee collet die, body side when needed with Redding.
See if you moved to a warmer climate you could shoot in the winter and not fight any white powder or bitter cold lol and get a barrel sooner

I live in the UP of Michigan. I won’t load test til probably April.

Let’s be clear. It’s not that I can’t test. It’s just I don’t want to 😁
smdh all that AI and it gets neglected cuz of a little cold and snow

smdh all that AI and it gets neglected cuz of a little cold and snow
The problem is I have a AT with green thumbholes in 308. That gun is a “let’s shoot some fucking deer, fuck the cold” type weapon

Then the ATX. Which is more of a “I want to be a 6.5 CM” “I don’t like the cold” “I dabbled with being a 308 in college” type gun.

Interesting. Do tell more

Well its a 2 lug 90 degree action, which I always assume the tradeoff is gonna be a light slick smooth bolt, but this thing has this godawful hitch on close, and even with this 50/50 cock setup, I dont find it exceptionally light. Its the most recent action I bought, and I cant say Id take it over anything else in the safe being - Mausingfield, Nucleus, Archimedes, Coup de Grace, Deadline 2, Badger M2013, Zeus, Kelbly Atlas Tac, and the AI of course. The way everyone on SH sucks em off I thought I was gonna be blown away.

Unless you must have the ability to buy 10000 used prefits from the PX, I dont see the point.

Well I guess I finally get to post in here. Followed some advice I'd seen from other members and sold off my AX and AT chassis for a pre-14 AX in 6.5 cm here on the Hide. This will be my hunting setup and hopefully PRS setup in 2024.

I'm going to slum it up for a little while with my old school NXS 3.5-15 with NP-R2 reticle while I figure out a new optic.

Anyone have any pictures of an AX wearing an NX8? Particularly the 2.5-20.

Pic thread -

20231122_161934.jpg

I've been shooting a 260 gasser since '17 and went 260 for my AXSA. Better neck angle, better velocity, can form from 308 brass if needed (I use Lapua and Norma 260 brass), I've never run into a situation when I needed to load longer and always felt 6.5 was flavor of the day.

On the weekend just gone down here in Australia we had our club/state Finale for Precision Rifle Queensland.

After a while away from PRS type shooting competitions since before 2020 I set myself a goal for a Top 10 finish for the season. I achieved just that, coming in at 10th with my AT-X in 6 Creedmoor.

Consistency in shooting is paying off. Hopefully next year I can improve that result.
signal-2023-11-26-21-33-11-121-4.jpg

Only if it is an AT AICS chassis that looks like this will the hinge work on the AT rifle because the hinge is bolted and bonded to the chassis.

View attachment 8280632

View attachment 8280646

Earlier AICS like this are pinned with 8mm pins and bonded together and will not “bolt on” the AT rifle chassis.

View attachment 8280634

View attachment 8280644

The front skins absolutely will not fit, however the butt skins are a direct bolt on to the hinged AT butt skeleton because the dimensions of the L shaped skeleton have never changed on any folding AI rifle with a thumbhole.

View attachment 8280635
Thanks @VSP968 very helpful

Thae chassis i'm looking at is the newer type.

I incorrectly assumed you could buy a hinge and add it to the AT.

Might have to break out a hammer and blowtorch to convert it and run the AT chassis on the bergara 22 trainer...

I'm looking at a 6.5x47 or 260 barrel for the AT for matches... love the '08 for NATO matches but its hard when you are holding 5 mils and its still not enough...

Sheesh got enough stuff
Never! Still a few things I "need"
Curious to hear your thoughts on the ELR bipod vs the ATAC
ELR is obviously more competition focused than the ATAC. It's good. Tightening enough to lock out all the cant can be difficult but not as bad as on the ATAC. Certainly a good option if you can justify the extra few hundred for a Ckyepod. I've got a Gen 1 ELR. I'm working on getting the newest Gen to try that.
He forgot his pack of condoms, when you win a match with an AI, gorgeous women throw themselves at you with reckless abandon.
I won't be winning that's for sure. Maybe Limited Division I might! Does that count?

I HAVE ONE IN 6.5 CREEDMOORE ATX
How do you like the plate? Been kicking around the idea of one for bag work, but the extra width doesn’t seem appealing. Then again, I double stacked ATX weights, so I’m already longitudinally compromised.

How do you like the plate? Been kicking around the idea of one for bag work, but the extra width doesn’t seem appealing. Then again, I double stacked ATX weights, so I’m already longitudinally compromised.
i use the plate a lot on barricades when i'm not using the bipod. the plate works great because i can attached my bag right to it.

it has its places. Has always been appealing to me so got one after getting smoked on a bus stage. Otherwise I still prefer them separate under most circumstances
i also got screwed up on a bus stage they had the windows partial closed . i shouldn't have used it or ditched it when i saw the windows. No one was allowed on the bus before the stage.

Just a heads up fellas, price increasing on some AI stuff is taking effect today. Barrels, chassis, etc. Guns and other items going up after first if the year. For guys on the fence, time is now before we see another $500 jump on SRs.
Good to know. Appreciate the update.

Just a heads up fellas, price increasing on some AI stuff is taking effect today. Barrels, chassis, etc. Guns and other items going up after first if the year. For guys on the fence, time is now before we see another $500 jump on SRs.
Ooohhhh come on!!!!
IMG_3097.jpeg

Reactions: LakuNoc and Eggman
Never! Still a few things I "need"

ELR is obviously more competition focused than the ATAC. It's good. Tightening enough to lock out all the cant can be difficult but not as bad as on the ATAC. Certainly a good option if you can justify the extra few hundred for a Ckyepod. I've got a Gen 1 ELR. I'm working on getting the newest Gen to try that.

I won't be winning that's for sure. Maybe Limited Division I might! Does that count?
I was curious because I had an ELR that, in messing with it, just didn't really jive with the way I use a bipod for PRS. I've sent it back and been considering an ATAC instead. Definitely appreciate the info!

I was gonna say, $10,400 for an AXSR was starting to feel too low

Just SR’s or ATX?

1701483206712.gif

View attachment 8286072Brand new rooftop barricade at our club. The AT-X did well on it.

Im loving shooting 6 creedmoor through it for PRS comps. What are people doing to get BR variants working well in their AT-X? Is it worth going to 6 GT?

Im running 108gr ELDM fast at 3158fps
AX mags with HRD gears 6mm mag kits have worked well for me in an AX and ATX with zero issues for 6BR