• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

This makes sense unless you want to shoot something like 6BR…. AXSR won’t do that. I know this because I have an AXSR, but had to buy a second gun to shoot the gamer calibers I wanted to shoot 😂
1705596597933.gif

😂
Excuse me ma’am, but 6.5CM is a gamer caliber and it runs just fine.
Respectfully,
-A 308 Shooter

Haha ok ok, we’ll let that slide. But this offense has been noted and will count against your AI Thread Credit Score.

Seller writes:

“Vortex Viper 6-24x50 scope. The scope has some light handling marks. The scope has an EBR-1 MOA reticle. The reticle can be illuminated but the battery is dead and we do not have one to test.”
Looks like the Gen I pst. That shit is vintage, boys (with warfighter scope bite). W/out the scope that gun is worth $1500 $50 tops.
I had the same vortex viper pst. One thing I liked about it is the weight

Held the box down nicely as I sent it back and forth to vortex for warranty repair

Can the bolt be removed on a non folder AT without removing the cheek piece?

Thats perfect! So who's making the barrels for AI now? I've heard bartlein is making the oem barrels but if you go on mile high I see they offer what they call a factory barrel and then specifically a bartlein. Is it just marketing? I've also heard Lothar walther thrown around.

Reactions: BurtG
Thats perfect! So who's making the barrels for AI now? I've heard bartlein is making the oem barrels but if you go on mile high I see they offer what they call a factory barrel and then specifically a bartlein. Is it just marketing? I've also heard Lothar walther thrown around.
The US models are Bartlein on factory guns. Can get Bartlein and proof from mile high. Or have one spun up by several smiths. I have Manzella making a 260 barrel for my ATX right now

The one on my AT above is Lother Walther

Wintac machines them from Bartlien blanks.

Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
The US models are Bartlein on factory guns. Can get Bartlein and proof from mile high. Or have one spun up by several smiths. I have Manzella making a 260 barrel for my ATX right now

The one on my AT above is Lother Walther
So which guns are considered US models? I thought everything was from the UK. Are you saying that just the rifles sold for the US market are bartlein barrels with everything else being from the UK?

I get the sads everytime I see these pics and remember I sold my AT. 😭

Tell me about it. I sold 2 AT folders, along with complete sets of thumbhole and pistol grip skins in every available color for both of them...

I replaced them with 2x AX's which I like, but there's just something appealing about the classic AI thumbhole look.

I should have kept the ATs, lol

Reactions: Scotch_egg
What exactly needs to be done to use the vision chassis? What are the different options when using it? I'm not completely up on the ai variants and compatibility yet.

So which guns are considered US models? I thought everything was from the UK. Are you saying that just the rifles sold for the US market are bartlein barrels with everything else being from the UK?
I remember reading the UK models for the most part get LW barrels. The models shipped here are shipped without barrels. Wintac spins up the barrels for the rifles here. Out of Bartlein blanks. That may have changed but that’s what I recall

These guys may be able to confirm that better than my memory can

@Frank Green
@Scott Seigmund

Reactions: Mauser48
I remember reading the UK models for the most part get LW barrels. The models shipped here are shipped without barrels. Wintac spins up the barrels for the rifles here. Out of Bartlein blanks. That may have changed but that’s what I recall

@Frank Green
@Scott Seigmund
I had thought it was a LW barrel for the advertised for say a AT in 20, 24 and 26" 308 barrels. Anything outside that was a bartlein/etc. If I remember right all of the factory 308 barrels I've had were LW.

Reactions: Huskydriver

@Frank Green
@Scott Seigmund
I think there's a lot more US manufacturing going on for the US models. It's probably easier to manage import regulations that way. Chassis machined at Wintac, triggers supplied from XSTP, blanks machined at Wintac. Actions from England and maybe some other small parts. Then assembled by either Wintac or AINA. For all other countries I think most everything comes from England with LW blanks and I'd guess XSTP triggers in the AT-X.

Reactions: BurtG
I had thought it was a LW barrel for the advertised for say a AT in 20, 24 and 26" 308 barrels. Anything outside that was a bartlein/etc. If I remember right all of the factory 308 barrels I've had were LW.

Supports what I had understood
Here’s where I got that info. May be just the ATX in 6.5 now that I looked again. Came across it looking at options for my ATX

Post 77

My bad

Here’s where I got that info. May be just the ATX in 6.5 now that I looked again. Came across it looking at options for my ATX

Post 77

My bad

My comment wasnt really directed AT you but just on the topic in general...I've always seen conflicting things and honestly I dont truly know myself.

His comment on the ATX is interesting. Thought I had a pic of my factory AX 308 barrel but I dont...I could have sworn it was a LW barrel. I have a factory 308 from another AX but its painted, I'll have to break out the acetone and see what I can find later.

My comment wasnt really directed AT you but just on the topic in general...I've always seen conflicting things and honestly I dont truly know myself.

His comment on the ATX is interesting. Thought I had a pic of my factory AX 308 barrel but I dont...I could have sworn it was a LW barrel. I have a factory 308 from another AX but its painted, I'll have to break out the acetone and see what I can find later.
I tagged the guys who would know and maybe they’d share that info but I don’t know

Wait for a reply before you strip your rifle 😁

The 308 AT’s for sale I see here have LW barrels I believe. So you’re likely correct. Looks like the proof marks on them for the LW

Last edited:
Are the Lothar walther barrels chambered by AI or Lothar walther?

I thought the barrels with the wonky palma contour and proof marks were all LW?
If so, my 18 AT from euro is an LW barrel - 24" 6.5 manbun.

I want to know what women are buying things to the equivalent of a $20k AXSR setup or $15k AX ELR...

I know my wife is frugal compared to most, but I just don't see that happening all too often unless you're talking like a decade of shoes/purses/nails/massages etc
My wife's sewing machine was almost $10K and that is one of them

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver
View attachment 8326376
😂
Excuse me ma’am, but 6.5CM is a gamer caliber and it runs just fine.
Respectfully,
-A 308 Shooter

Haha ok ok, we’ll let that slide. But this offense has been noted and will count against your AI Thread Credit Score.
Technically, putting my impact in an AT-X chassis should add to my AI credit score. Out of all the different stocks and chassis available, I remained loyal to AI

@Frank Green
@Scott Seigmund
AI is sourcing very few barrels from L-W the past three years. Following BREXIT, AI set up a barrel operation in one its facilities in Portsmouth, UK to make cut rifle barrels. Most of the AI rifles sold in the US have blanks sourced from Bartlein and finished at WIN Tactical in Orchard Park, NY. Only the classic AT rifles and LE 308 rifles have UK produced barrels. These are identifiable by the UK proof marks. For a couple of years we sourced 6.5 and 6mm blanks from Hawk Hill Customs, but that operation was sold and it has moved to Oklahoma.

AI is sourcing very few barrels from L-W the past three years. Following BREXIT, AI set up a barrel operation in one its facilities in Portsmouth, UK to make cut rifle barrels. Most of the AI rifles sold in the US have blanks sourced from Bartlein and finished at WIN Tactical in Orchard Park, NY. Only the classic AT rifles and LE 308 rifles have UK produced barrels. These are identifiable by the UK proof marks. For a couple of years we sourced 6.5 and 6mm blanks from Hawk Hill Customs, but that operation was sold and it has moved to Oklahoma.
So with that, Pre 3 years ago it wouldnt be uncommon to find LW UK proof marked 308 barrels in the AX/AT/LE line as well as some Bartlein and potentially HH?

Awesome! Thank you very much for the reply

Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
So, you’d buy a take-off AXSA chassis…and then what? Where would you get an AI action cheap enough where it would make financial sense?

Or are you mixing things up with the AI rem700 chassis? Obviously you can only put a rem700 compatible action in there (not an AI) and built out a rifle, just like you would with any Rem700 compatible chassis like a KRG W3.
Mountic is selling an action with a magnum bolt face for 2200ish. He is probably looking to make a short action AXSR. Which would be awesome, IMO. I've been thinking about the same thing. Buy the action. Add a trigger and chassis. Just need to make sure this is possible (within reason) before starting the project

@Frank Green
@Scott Seigmund
The bulk of the guns built/assembled here in the States get our sticks. Guns fully finished and shipped coming over from the UK have UK made barrels etc...

AI overseas is making they're own barrels now as well but what calibers and models / is it across the board I don't know offhand. Scott or Tom would have to weigh in on that.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Any quality differences between the guns made fully overseas vs here? Looks like all the actions are definitely UK made. Do they machine any of the chassis stateside?

December was an eye opening month for me. Bought a '13 AX and a '22 AT off the PX. After shooting both and spending time deciding which I liked more, I stuck with the AT.

Keeping the AT flexible with a 16.5" 6.5CM, 19" .308 and 24" 6 creed. I'm going to look for a >24" 6.5CM and <20" 338 federal barrel next.
20240114_211230.jpg
20240116_155708.jpg

T6XI is still off at Steiner getting fixed so I haven't had a chance to shoot the new to me barrels for groups.

The AX was traded to an Austin LGS for a NRCH Scar17 and I have zero regrets.

20240116_171724.jpg

Sent my AT to the guys at GCP to drop into a Vision chassis, they were awesome to work with & Justin kept me informed the whole time. They work fast, and exceeded my expectations.
How does one get in contact with GCP? Their website’s contact form is missing, and a message to the gmail address they have listed on their site just bounced back.

How does one get in contact with GCP? Their website’s contact form is missing, and a message to the gmail address they have listed on their site just bounced back.
941-480-1927 should get you in touch

Reactions: kft101
Sent my AT to the guys at GCP to drop into a Vision chassis, they were awesome to work with & Justin kept me informed the whole time. They work fast, and exceeded my expectations.
Sick build, love the camo. Congrats!

Reactions: Dendro
December was an eye opening month for me. Bought a '13 AX and a '22 AT off the PX. After shooting both and spending time deciding which I liked more, I stuck with the AT.

Keeping the AT flexible with a 16.5" 6.5CM, 19" .308 and 24" 6 creed. I'm going to look for a >24" 6.5CM and <20" 338 federal barrel next.
View attachment 8327805View attachment 8327806

T6XI is still off at Steiner getting fixed so I haven't had a chance to shoot the new to me barrels for groups.

The AX was traded to an Austin LGS for a NRCH Scar17 and I have zero regrets.

View attachment 8327808
After owning both AX and AT I agree with where you ended up. AT is excellent. Oddly enough we have very similar barrels lol.

16.5 6.5creed
19" 308
26" 6x47

Looking to do a 26" 308 soon.

Reactions: TanktheFrank
Been a long journey to get every part from scratch. New action. 20" 300wsm and multiple 20" 6.5PRC bull barrels. Opening up bolt face. Vision Chassis and backend in AI DE. Fixed back end chassis to stock pieces and also a folding hinge. Rear action screws had to be sourced and machined to fit. Brass washers for action spacers. Mag catch and pins. Folding plunger, etc, etc. The effort into this has been large with support from many other folks. Grip for the aluminum skins are all that's left. Dominus K SR ready to go. Tangent Theta will top it off.
View attachment 8319465
2024F929-246E-404B-A0B8-E570CE1CF3F4.gif

Anyone know where to find key lok screws in stock ?

B1DFD9E1-C635-48E8-9BBE-8BAFCBDD49E1.png

87A9637B-7543-4748-BCA6-94106C8DE59D.jpeg

28A7D7EA-801C-490A-ACEE-176DA2EC6E32.jpeg

A45B8961-08C4-433F-A3C2-E800FBF407C9.jpeg