• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

If you want a short section of arca on your AT like the old RRS rail, sawtooth also has you covered. This is what I have on mine unfortunately I don’t have any pictures of the rifle handy right now

I also have the same rail. It’s nicely made. Doesn’t attach quite far back enough for balancing on a tripod with some barrel + suppressor combos.

This is the sawtooth version:

View attachment 8406548

This is the RRS version :

View attachment 8406553

I bought the RRS out of the PX so I don’t know which version but it’s not wavey and covers the entire underside of the forend without protruding. The two versions I have are pretty similar
I had this MBE rail from Sporting Services in my hands when you posted yours, but I didn’t want to talk about it as it has a problem.

Now that SS is resolving the issue (item wasn’t deburred enough, very sharp) and will be mailing a replacement, well, here it is. Pretty cool looking and a nice fit.
ACD21DB2-368E-438F-AB7C-E458CCE3920A.jpeg

2A3962A9-716C-419D-9892-EC491E8526B5.jpeg

Manuf. pics here (note that top of rail has changed to be flat):

AX / AXMC version

Still looking for that RRS BAI-AT as I’m sure it’s the most comfy to hold onto (if it’s like their AX version that I own). Plus since it’s short, I would have room to attach a pic rail in front or use a weird Keyslot bipod.

The RRS BAI-AT looks like this:
1714585212576.jpeg

Last edited:
Still looking for that RRS BAI-AT as I’m sure it’s the most comfy to hold onto (if it’s like their AX version that I own). Plus since it’s short, I would have room to attach a pic rail in front or use a weird Keyslot bipod.
Just to illustrate, here’s the Sawtooth rail, which has three Keyslot screws like the above RRS. And here’s that AT keyslot bipod thing in front with an AI bipod attached, (both from Sporting Services).

26849973-165E-4155-847F-A4996F4EFAA2.jpeg

You’re gonna wonder:
A) Why I just don’t use the factory spigot in front, and
B) Why I use that sorta floppy bipod

Answers are:
A) my club’s benches are too short for me to use the front factory spigot. I only shoot off benches or on tripods. Rifle as almost fell off a few times. First world probs.

B) I found I sometimes like floppy bipods. I guess the AI bipod was made to be a little loose so one can transition from targets quickly without picking up the gun and resetting placement again. It doesn’t pan, it just has some wiggle.

B.1) both the bipod and keyslot spigot are sage green. Need I say more?

Continuing on this first world prob theme… if I want to use a pic rail instead of the AI bipod but keep the three-slot Arca plate attached to the rear…Looks like unless I have a custom pic rail made, even the shortest 80mm/3.15” AI pic rail is a hair too long.

Funny AI doesn’t make pic rails that take up fewer slots?

Just to illustrate, here’s the Sawtooth rail, which has three Keyslot screws like the above RRS. And here’s that AT keyslot bipod thing in front with an AI bipod attached, (both from Sporting Services).

View attachment 8408808

You’re gonna wonder:
A) Why I just don’t use the factory spigot in front, and
B) Why I use that sorta floppy bipod

Answers are:
A) my club’s benches are too short for me to use the front factory spigot. I only shoot off benches or on tripods. Rifle as almost fell off a few times. First world probs.

B) I found I sometimes like floppy bipods. I guess the AI bipod was made to be a little loose so one can transition from targets quickly without picking up the gun and resetting placement again. It doesn’t pan, it just has some wiggle.

B.1) both the bipod and keyslot spigot are sage green. Need I say more?

Continuing on this first world prob theme… if I want to use a pic rail instead of the AI bipod but keep the three-slot Arca plate attached to the rear…Looks like unless I have a custom pic rail made, even the shortest 80mm/3.15” AI pic rail is a hair too long.

Funny AI doesn’t make pic rails that take up fewer slots?
Hey buddy! I’m back

Would you get the Sawtooth? I went down the rabbit hole and am eyeing the sawtooth rail for my AT to bring it into the modern world with an ARCA rail

That and I have a lead on a SFP bolt for the rifle, and despite the heavy price tag I may just do it so I can be like the cool kids and run a 6.5

Hey buddy! I’m back

Would you get the Sawtooth? I went down the rabbit hole and am eyeing the sawtooth rail for my AT to bring it into the modern world with an ARCA rail
Where were ya?

I assume you are talking about the short rail I have.

If you have a longer barrel (24”) and run a suppressor, I think the rig will balance with the short sawtooth.

If you have a lighter 20” barrel and don’t run a suppressor, then the rail may not have enough backwards “travel” to balance the gun on a tripod, leading the rifle to tip backwards.

It certainly is a well made product.

Reactions: TheBigCountry
Where were ya?

I assume you are talking about the short rail I have.

If you have a longer barrel (24”) and run a suppressor, I think the rig will balance with the short sawtooth.

If you have a lighter 20” barrel and don’t run a suppressor, then the rail may not have enough backwards “travel” to balance the gun on a tripod, leading the rifle to tip backwards.

It certainly is a well made product.
I was “on vacation”

I run a 20” and suppressed at times

If I could eliminate the spigot mount with the Sawtooth long version I’d do so

May see a 24” plus barrel in the future too so it may be a good idea

Shall see what happens

I think they make an extra long arca (Sawtooth) that would extend out past the elite iron spigot mount I already use?

Just from what my limited reading vocabulary showed on the sawtooth website
Oh, ah, I get it. Yeah, two of them do that.

Sawtooth should really just take some pics of each rail attached to an AT, you know?

Reactions: TheBigCountry
I thought IMUNS only fit the AW pattern guns and the AT was different? Did badger make a run of IMUNS for the AT?

my understanding is that the actual guns of the two chassis are the same with just flush cups and steel on the bottom having key mod instead of the open gap. i think the imuns fits both

Reactions: Huskydriver
Hah, @kft101 beat me to the punch. Not every day you get to shoot both an AT and AW in one sitting, and compare.

They really didn't like Hornady TAP ELD Precision 168gr nor Hornady Black A-Max 168gr. They both seemed to favor Federal GMM SMK 175gr. For both being 1:12 twist, I found this surprising.

A good range day. Good lessons learned.

1000008278.jpg

1000008305.jpg

Last edited:
I assume there is no issue but want to ensure.. for those that reload in their AI’s, when fine tuning powder charge and then seating depth. Is there any issues with load consistency when removing the barrel for cleaning and re installing? Assuming torque is consistent

I assume there is no issue but want to ensure.. for those that reload in their AI’s, when fine tuning powder charge and then seating depth. Is there any issues with load consistency when removing the barrel for cleaning and re installing? Assuming torque is consistent

No issues

20 yrs ago another forum I was on organized a get together there. Couple dozen folks, brought our families, stayed on site and shot on a few ranges bust mostly the one with the Buffalo. Was very inexpensive back then. I road tripped from Ohio and picked up a guy in OK on the way. Was a lot of fun. Good memories as some of those guys have passed on.
A weekend shooting long range with a few dozen AIs would prob be a great time. Especially if shooting after dark is allowed.
Just sayin

20 yrs ago another forum I was on organized a get together there. Couple dozen folks, brought our families, stayed on site and shot on a few ranges bust mostly the one with the Buffalo. Was very inexpensive back then. I road tripped from Ohio and picked up a guy in OK on the way. Was a lot of fun. Good memories as some of those guys have passed on.
A weekend shooting long range with a few dozen AIs would prob be a great time. Especially if shooting after dark is allowed.
Just sayin
Count me in.

Reactions: Patrice Dauffer
What spare parts do folks keep for their AI rifles?

I bought my first AI, an AT 308, and will likely use it at a 600-ish rounds per year pace with FGMM 175 or reload equivalent.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Stan

What spare parts do folks keep for their AI rifles?

I bought my first AI, an AT 308, and will likely use it at a 600-ish rounds per year pace with FGMM 175 or reload equivalent.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

-Stan
When I asked the Irish Snipers at the International Sniper Competition at Fort Moore about what they did with their own AI Arctic Warfares, they flat out said, "...they never break."

They've had the same bolt assemblies, the same firing pins, even the original barrels, on their rifles, for almost 30 years. And after all this time, they're still competitive. It absolutely blew my mind hearing this.

I honestly had the same question for them, about what breaks and what you should have parts for, which is how I learned of this. That said, I don't think I've seen or heard of any AI AT308 or AW breaking.

I'm all ears for counter responses and examples of anything breaking and needing replacement though.

Update: this very much reflects using .308 exclusively. As @taliv has pointed out below.

Last edited:
for people using factory 308 or something that may be true.
look at all the sfp lfp pierced primer issues though. Couple good jets of gas can erode your firing pin tip, then you may want that spare part. Maybe that just happens on lesser rifles though.

When I asked the Irish Snipers at the International Sniper Competition at Fort Moore about what they did with their own AI Arctic Warfares, they flat out said, "...they never break."

They've had the same bolt assemblies, the same firing pins, even the original barrels, on their rifles, for almost 30 years. And after all this time, they're still competitive. It absolutely blew my mind hearing this.

I honestly had the same question for them, about what breaks and what you should have parts for, which is how I learned of this. That said, I don't think I've seen or heard of any AI AT308 or AW breaking.

I'm all ears for counter responses and examples of anything breaking and needing replacement though.

Update: this very much reflects using .308 exclusively. As @taliv has pointed out below.

Triggers and bolts

Triggers and bolts
I've heard of AW triggers wearing out in the past, but not ATs. That said, as cautious a guy as I am, I'm impressed that there is only one single example of a bolt assembly breaking. And it sounds like its from someone overtightening the screws holding it together, as they sheared at the same time. I'd be willing to bet we don't see this again on here.

I'd be willing to bet we don't see this again on here.
It's already happened on here, we don't have to wait for another issue. The guy that shoots on Team AI already told us to carry a spare bolt assembly.

If you've been on this forum long enough you'll remember the lugs setback issues and I wouldn't trust anything with a newer model trigger more than I'd trust a Trigger Tech.

But I can see you're just going to deny and argue regardless of what's put in front of you.

It's already happened on here, we don't have to wait for another issue. The guy that shoots on Team AI already told us to carry a spare bolt assembly.

If you've been on this forum long enough you'll remember the lugs setback issues and I wouldn't trust anything with a newer model trigger more than I'd trust a Trigger Tech.

But I can see you're just going to deny and argue
I haven't been on here long enough, or following AIs long enough so, that would make sense. I'll stand corrected.

Reactions: stanley_white
I'm betting with factory ammo and not modify thek at all they run forever. Mess with them and all bets are off. Reload and risk damaging the bolt face or firing pin tip. That is given that they are trouble free when new. I had two that needed serviced when I bought then. 1 had a broken clamp on the LOP adjustment the other had debris behind the plunger on the ejector.

For me I'll order a spare bolt or two and know that that'll take care of the most likely issue that I might encounter with reloading.

Last edited:
Reactions: stanley_white
Reloading strikes again

But I can see you're just going to deny and argue regardless of what's put in front of you.

so those of us poors that shoot AWs, what are our options for triggers and bolt assemblys?

I'm out in the US in September... is it worth getting an AI Competition Trigger for my AT.. would save myself £200 vs getting them here... and what needs doing for installation? Might not change it day before the world championships start though 😆

Picture of my AI with new Proof Barrel.. afterall it is a picture thread

20240505_131228.jpg