• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

For real. I’ve been shopping for a scope for mine for months. Had narrowed it to TT 735 and sb 636 and just today decided that I just can’t live with any TT reticle. They’re all complete dogshit.
I guess in a way I should thank them that they saved me $2-3k compared to everyone else’s scopes
1713564734033.gif

I am genuinely curious what turned you off of those reticles.
To avoid typical SH antics, please don’t take this as offense or general shit talking…

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
View attachment 8400339
I am genuinely curious what turned you off of those reticles.
To avoid typical SH antics, please don’t take this as offense or general shit talking…
Lol

Because they’re literally mil dot reticles with added hashes.
Good reticles draw your eyes quickly to the 1 mil hashes and then have more subtle sub divisions.
TT reticles have giant .2 .4 .6 .8 hashes and then a tiny dot at the mils, which on the gen3 is even kinda difficult to distinguish from the small .2 hash.

of all the basic geometric shapes, why put a circle on a line in 2024? Sure there were manufacturing considerations in the 1980s or whatever for mil “dots”. But why now? And why mix dots and hashes?

on ffp reticles when you zoom out you can use a giant 1, 2, 3 etc mil hash because you can still see it. That tiny TT dot at 2 mils and 3 mils etc gets invisible fast when zooming out.

PhotoCollageMaker_20240419_172132619-01.jpg

Just a nice setup, and wanted to share. Wasn't happy with the SPUHR Deltapoint Pro mount: it sits too close to the turret and required a 4mm spacer that didn't align well (see previous posts HERE). This instead is the SPUHR Wilcox Low A-0019D bridge + Leupold DeltaPoint Pro Low Profile Picatinny Mount. Easy to swap ou the RMR to anything else now, as well.

Last edited:
I do have a question which I feel is valid for this thread, as I hope it can be explained with photos and photo examples: What are the functional differences between the AW and the AT? I know the AT offers the quick-change barrel, and that makes the AT desireable. But other than the classic thumbhole stock, what makes the AW so desireable over the AT?

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
I do have a question which I feel is valid for this thread, as I hope it can be explained with photos and photo examples: What are the functional differences between the AW and the AT? I know the AT offers the quick-change barrel, and that makes the AT desireable. But other than the classic thumbhole stock, what makes the AW so desireable over the AT?
In my opinion....the only thing that makes the AW desirable is its history for that particular model. The AT is its superior in every way other than that with its QL barrel feature and better trigger. If there are any other differences I dont know them.

As noted it’s just the history behind the AW that makes it iconic. Be military collectors or even just old video game enthusiasts. Everyone recognizes the AW.

Even though I prefer the thumbhole AT for the quickloc and what not I still think it be cool to own an AW. The AW were decently “cheap” on the used market when the AT came out. Obviously not the case anymore which also makes them more attractive as the value keeps going up.

Probably see used AT prices creep up as well now. Even in the px they seem to be coming up in $$. I paid like $3,000 for my camo/green AT you see in the pics here. I’m willing to bet if I sold it I’d be money ahead today

Whats the difference in the trigger? That one I didn't know.
Was still a 2 stage but different design than what is in the AT. Most noticeable is how it adjusts and the addition of the trigger shoe and trigger shoe bar being separate and adjustable. The AW trigger shoe was "fixed" and was part of the whole system. See below for the AW part you can see, pretty obvious those differences with the AT. I never felt an AW trigger but the AT is one of my favorites to date of any trigger and easily my favorite of any factory rifle.

155_5534_img_c.jpg

Functionally they feel and shoot the same. The AT has the quick barrel change feature which is an upgrade. The bolt feels the same manipulating it. The mag changes feel the same and the grip feels the same. Honestly, shooting them back to back they feel like the same rifle. The AW is appealing to me personally because of the history. When I first got into long range shooting, the AX was just coming out and I had to have the latest AI model. After shooting and owning several AIs over the years, I fell in love with the brand. Then I bought the Green Meanie book and I loved reading about the history of the brand. So I decided I wanted to go back and get the most classic AI out there and the AW is the closest to the L96A1 I could get. I wish I would have just gotten AW instead of the AX as my first rifle but I was young and dumb.

Reactions: HKSniper11B
Functionally they feel and shoot the same. The AT has the quick barrel change feature which is an upgrade. The bolt feels the same manipulating it. The mag changes feel the same and the grip feels the same. Honestly, shooting them back to back they feel like the same rifle. The AW is appealing to me personally because of the history. When I first got into long range shooting, the AX was just coming out and I had to have the latest AI model. After shooting and owning several AIs over the years, I fell in love with the brand. Then I bought the Green Meanie book and I loved reading about the history of the brand. So I decided I wanted to go back and get the most classic AI out there and the AW is the closest to the L96A1 I could get. I wish I would have just gotten AW instead of the AX as my first rifle but I was young and dumb.
I'm in a similar boat. I had the chance to get a police trade-in AW. There were three available. Ended up not and went with a brand new AT instead. It's hard to regret the choice though, especially having the Thumbhole stock.

Has anyone tried 6gt in thier axsr with 308 mags? I saw the thread that 6br failed but no info on the gay tiger.

I recently bought a rem 700 with this non folder chassis on it. I don't like these chassis and it has been several years since I have sold one. Does anyone have an idea of what I should post it for in the PX? It has the monopod on it too.

Not trying to sell in this thread, but asking for help since I can't find any comps to guide me.

20240423_083820.jpg

Is it a short action? Is it unmolested?
Unmodified SAs are popular, even if it’s only a 1.5.

If you want the most money, put it on the big rapacious anti gun auction platform and take your chances.

If you’re not interested in doing that, think of what you absolutely have to get for it, add $250 and put it up for sale.

You don’t need to respond to this, just consider it. As a matter of fact, I recommend you don’t.

Reactions: Fixr and MK20
Is it a short action? Is it unmolested?
Unmodified SAs are popular, even if it’s only a 1.5.

If you want the most money, put it on the big rapacious anti gun auction platform and take your chances.

If you’re not interested in doing that, think of what you absolutely have to get for it, add $250 and put it up for sale.

You don’t need to respond to this, just consider it. As a matter of fact, I recommend you don’t.

I think this good advice. The price on these tend to be all over the place depending on features, color, and condition. Is the monopod a factory add on? I can’t seem to remember if that particular monopod was a factory option or just aftermarket. The long action tan ones from the mk13 (?) era seem to get big money as well.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Who has experience with the AT in both thumbhole and AX stock configuration? I like the classic look with the thumbhole skins but something about the AT LE configuration attracts me. Not sure if I really need the extra adjustability and more fasteners of the AX stock though.

Who has experience with the AT in both thumbhole and AX stock configuration? I like the classic look with the thumbhole skins but something about the AT LE configuration attracts me. Not sure if I really need the extra adjustability and more fasteners of the AX stock though.

I've had thumb hole skins, the Pre-2014 back end, post 2014 back end, ATX and AXSR... To be honest, I think the Pre-2014 back end was the most comfortable and most practical.

Practically, once you set the LOP, it rarely changes much so all the knobs, latches and crap are fairly unhelpful for the most part. People FROTH over complicated, heavy, sharp edged knobs and locks... The smooth plastic skins with rounded edges, allen key adjustments and slip in shims for LOP... That was peak AI.

The AT as it comes out of the box, is a premium rifle that is ready to go.

The cheek height adjustment thumb screws however were nice to have though.
AI AT2.jpg

I do miss this rifle, should have kept it forever.

I've never used a buttplate with adjustable cant or height and I don't really think it would wow me. Comb height and length of pull is enough for me. I also prefer the simple forend of the AT, I don't need all the rail space of an AX.

Reactions: Scotch_egg
I've never used a buttplate with adjustable cant or height and I don't really think it would wow me. Comb height and length of pull is enough for me. I also prefer the simple forend of the AT, I don't need all the rail space of an AX.
I love having the adjustable can't and height of the butt pad.... Being able to shift the cheek rest over is also something I refuse to live without anymore... Peak ai with a 3 position safety please and a og trigger

The AT also has QD sling mounts rather than HK loops, which I think is also a nice upgrade. There is an additional central QD mount just about the pistol grip.

The option for forend side Keyslot is also a nice addition. Although not a cheap upgrade if you want pic rails up front.

The AT also has QD sling mounts rather than HK loops, which I think is also a nice upgrade. There is an additional central QD mount just about the pistol grip.

The option for forend side Keyslot is also a nice addition. Although not a cheap upgrade if you want pic rails up front.
So far, I'm seeing no argument where the AW is worth investing in, despite being an Arctic Warfare and having the more classic style Thumbhole stock... on some models of it.

I've described the AT308 in the past as the "final and superior iteration of the AW" and I'm starting to believe I wasn't wrong in saying so.

So far, I'm seeing no argument where the AW is worth investing in, despite being an Arctic Warfare and having the more classic style Thumbhole stock... on some models of it.

I've described the AT308 in the past as the "final and superior iteration of the AW" and I'm starting to believe I wasn't wrong in saying so.
I was bidding on an AW at auction a few years back and once the price started approaching AT level decided it wasn't worth it as the AT is basically the same rifle but with improvements.

In hindsight I should've bought it as it went quite cheap (considering) but the AT would still have been the better rifle.

The AT in my opinion is the final evolution of the AW. The quick change feature is great and definitely worth having. If that isn’t important to you then it really doesn’t offer anything that the AW does other than QD sling attachment points which isn’t a big thing to me personally.

I have had an AX, AXMC, AT, and an AW. The best stock option for me personally is the AXMC. It’s not as bulky and when it closes it captures the bolt which I think is nice for transport. The AX/AT stock to me is the least attractive and least comfortable. It just feels like a 2x4 attached to the rear of the rifle. The AW/thumbhole at least retains some of that classic look. I did switch out my AXMC to the GTAC conversion for the pistol grip. I do like the soft texture of the ergo grip but it’s also not a make or break feature. The AXSR has that fire control selector switch instead of the 3 position safety which is a deal killer for me. Going through all my rifles and if I had to choose one, it would either be the AT with thumbhole or AW. That may be because they are the two newest rifles but I am really enjoying shooting them a lot. Just my 2 cents

I have ADD when it comes to rifles and am constantly changing barrels around to the "Right" rifle for the day. When changing from AT to AXSA and vice versa, do your muzzle devices always line up correctly? Between these two rifles, one is always 180 degrees off.

I run mostly APA gen 3s with the ports on top. It doesn't matter if its a wintac barrel or a proof, if I put the ports at 12:00 on one rifle, when swap to the other its at 6:00.

The AXSR has that fire control selector switch instead of the 3 position safety which is a deal killer for me. I
I have the AXMC and AXSR. I was bummed about the change to the new safety and new trigger in the SR because I was used to the -MC. However, it has really been a non-issue. The SR safety still allows you to open the bolt with the safety ON, and it's "maybe" a little more convenient to operate. The SR also has a few new features that are pretty cool. Overall if I had to sell one it would probably be the SR, but that's just because I've had the MC longer and am more used to it. I really don't find any difference in shooting the two. So, in short, don't let the safety be a deal killer if the opportunity arises. It's fine.

I have ADD when it comes to rifles and am constantly changing barrels around to the "Right" rifle for the day. When changing from AT to AXSA and vice versa, do your muzzle devices always line up correctly? Between these two rifles, one is always 180 degrees off.

I run mostly APA gen 3s with the ports on top. It doesn't matter if its a wintac barrel or a proof, if I put the ports at 12:00 on one rifle, when swap to the other its at 6:00.
Yup, my different rifles are all over the place.

you guys know the best way to cut the monopod hole on AT skins? Dremel? Exacto knife? I dont have a table mounted scroll saw or that would be the ticket. Coping Saw?

ai-26648gr-510x510.jpg