• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Reactions: Badfinger
finally got a chance to toss a scope on it. . .

Attachments

• 97ADAA63-491F-49D0-80A0-C59B5F094DBA.jpeg
    97ADAA63-491F-49D0-80A0-C59B5F094DBA.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 214
Anybody have any green AT skins to trade for black?
Probably should’ve put this in the exchange, but maybe we should start an AI exchange...??
Bad finger,
AT’s bring the ?. Well done ?

Two part question:

Has anyone with the AI comp trigger tried the heavy spring? Thoughts? My only complaint is the first stage weight seems a little flimsy, and it sounds like that may fix it.

Second, how do you even swap the springs? The card sent by AI doesn't exactly explain it 100%.

Thanks guys.

Anybody have any green AT skins to trade for black?
Probably should’ve put this in the exchange, but maybe we should start an AI exchange...??
Bad finger,
AT’s bring the ?. Well done ?

My green one gets here next week. I was probably going to have some skins painted anyway.

I’ll get with you next week when it comes in if you’re still looking.

I ordered mine from MHSA with the comp trigger already installed. It's amazing.

I’ve messed around with one on a buddy’s rifle. It felt as good or better than the Hubers I have on customs.

Nice, big fan of that and the light palma contour for a utilitary rifle. What was the weight savings over the factory AI?

The original 20" .308 Lothar-Walther barrel with the brake weighs 3lbs 14oz. The 260 barrel was 27" and I had it cut and threaded to 22" and it weighs 3lb 11oz not a big difference. :oops:

Last edited:
Reactions: PBWalsh
anyone with a Sage green AX do a 16 inch barrel? I've only been able to find DE and PB shorties

I am buying a Pre-14 AX308 with a 20" barrel from MHS later this month and am looking for a soft case. My "PLAN" is to put the rifle in the soft case with the stock folded. Then later get a Pelican hard case without the foam in it. I will put the rifle in the soft case and the whole thing into the Pelican.

My question is 2 part. What is the over all length if this rifle folded? And who makes a good soft case similar to the one in the photo above?

Thanks n advance

I PMed you but just for the group...

The bag the AI is on is a no brand name bag off Midway I got 10 years ago. Its 36" internal and I could fit the 20" factory barrel/brake unfolded in it and this 19" with suppressor folded in it. Have fit 24" barrels folded in it fine also.

@FUNCTIONAL thanks! Wow that thing is gorgeous. SAGE GREEN MASTER RACE. Don't be shy about showing us more pics of that beautiful thing. Looks like a SiCo Hybrid or Omega? How do you like the can on this rifle? Shooting 308 or 6.5?

@FUNCTIONAL thanks! Wow that thing is gorgeous. SAGE GREEN MASTER RACE. Don't be shy about showing us more pics of that beautiful thing. Looks like a SiCo Hybrid or Omega? How do you like the can on this rifle? Shooting 308 or 6.5?

Thanks! Sage green is by far my favorite color of the AIs. It is a SiCo Omega. Can works well and I havent shot it off yet so thats a plus!

Barrel on it is a factory 308", orginally 20" but I cut off the metric thread and cut the 5/8x24 to be normal. Thinking of taking it back a bit further to have some fun since Ive never owned anything truly short yet. Blew out my 6creed barrel but will be chambering up a 6.5x47 and 6 creed again for it hopefully over xmas.

The cerakote job is amazing! But it drives my OCD crazy to see a scope mount installed where one of the mounting clamps is in between the action rail and the forend rail...looks like you have the room to move the mount one picatinny slot backwards, and still maintain the exact same scope position.

Yes I noticed that as well, and thank you for bringing that up. I shouldn't have beers while mounting my scope. I made the adjustment already

^^^^

I believe the above picture is a good representative of the sage green color.

My new bag arrived.
Tried a multitude of bags over 2 matches (one gas gun, one bolt) really liked the Udder over the Game Changer and Fortune cookie.
So I bought the Saracen, dropped it on top of my photography tripod.

91DAB68F-FC16-4FF6-8A3E-0A5269B8BE02.jpeg

Nice rig! How are you liking that RRS setup with the Anvil ballhead?

I absolutely love it! The price sucked when saving up for it, but it's incredibly stable and versatile. It works out that only extending two sections is the perfect height for standing, then widening the legs to the next notch puts it at the perfect height for sitting. A little practice working the clamping lever and you can transition between targets really easily and smoothly.

IMG_4303.jpg
IMG_1707.jpg

Last edited:
@mwinter501 nice set up. Do you have an idea of your total weight with the Khales and TBAC on the proof barrel? Love your set up. Any side profile pics? Thanks for sharing.

@Gundoc look at the color difference between your two posts. Sage really depends on lighting, it looks totally different. Thanks for sharing.

@mwinter501 nice set up. Do you have an idea of your total weight with the Khales and TBAC on the proof barrel? Love your set up. Any side profile pics? Thanks for sharing.

I'll try to get a side pic and weigh it next time I have it out. I don't have it handy though

This AE mkII just got a new lease on life. I bought it knowing that it had high mileage and was going to use it as a beater truck gun. The action and chassis were in great shape though, so I picked up a brand new .308 barrel in the PX section and BAM.... She's just like new again!
IMG_20181209_135107463.jpg

IMG_20181209_135154510.jpg

Same. New barrel and put some skins on, and it’s a whole new gun.

This AE mkII just got a new lease on life. I bought it knowing that it had high mileage and was going to use it as a beater truck gun. The action and chassis were in great shape though, so I picked up a brand new .308 barrel in the PX section and BAM.... She's just like new again!
View attachment 6983307
View attachment 6983310
CAB0E16A-E414-4AC7-B0EE-58504BECD4EF.jpeg

Does someone have a picture of an AI with a dimpled barrel? I have an extra barrel that I need to get threaded...I'm playing with the idea of dimpling the barrel too.

AD1C37C3-CF66-4291-9B77-5FCFB55397B3.jpeg
Does someone have a picture of an AI with a dimpled barrel? I have an extra barrel that I need to get threaded...I'm playing with the idea of dimpling the barrel too.

Dimpled?

Like this?

Last edited:
Who do you guys recommend for ceracoating the skins of a AX308? The one I am buying from Mile High at the end of the month is all black and I think i like the green skins better.

Who do you guys recommend for ceracoating the skins of a AX308? The one I am buying from Mile High at the end of the month is all black and I think i like the green skins better.
If you just want different color skins, then just buy a new set of skins.

If you want the whole thing cerakoted, especially in a custom pattern or camo, definitely give Branden at Custom Gun Coatings a call.

http://customguncoatings.com/