• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I need to report I was either wrong or didn’t give the comp trigger a fair shake.

The one I tried was a buddy’s and it was a “try it and if you like it, buy it” deal. Since it wasn’t mine, I didn’t want to over adjust something like seer engagement and screw up a trigger that wasn’t mine.

Over the past month, after reading how many people love the trigger, I went ahead and bought one here on the hide. Figured if I screwed it up, I can just sent it back to be fixed and not care.

Spent an hour or so tweaking it, putting it back, tweaking more. Finally got it with about a 1# 1st stage and a 1.5# 2nd.

Had to adjust the second seer slightly to remove any creep in the final pull. I may have to adjust it slightly more as I’m noticing a tiny, tiny bit as I’m getting used to the trigger.

The difference I loved about the factory and hated about the comp previously was the break. The factory just breaks awesome.

I was still having this issue (albeit less) with this trigger. So I adjusted all the over travel out of it, and wham, almost identical break to the factory trigger.

The factory trigger does technically have overtravel, but I wouldn’t call it normal overtravel. It breaks, the trigger stops, and you pretty much have to muscle/crush the trigger to overtravel.

The comp trigger seems to need the overtravel adjusted out, otherwise it’s much easier to feel the overtravel compared to the factory.

I don’t think I’m going to see a huge performance difference between the factory and comp trigger. But the biggest reason I gave it another shot was to see if I could get it right so I can use the m700 version of this trigger on my vudoo and vector.

I have smaller hands, so the adjustable shoe would be nice across the board, as well as being able to tune it exactly the same.

So, for now, unless I experience a failure in a match, I’m back onboard with the comp trigger.

If you’re having trouble getting that “AI feel,” try taking all the over travel out of your comp trigger.

Agree on the overtravel. It took me a few trips to get mine dialed in until I spent 4 hours out in the desert getting mine dialed in right where I want it. I should do a write up on it some day because the amount of adjustment possibilities is pretty intense. I spent the first hour just maxing out each adjustment each way to see how they interact with the overall function of the trigger and how to adjust them all together to achieve a desired trigger feel. I was able to get mine down to 7oz fist stage solid wall then 7 oz second stage with 0 overtravel verified with a wheeler pull gauge so I am sure its plus or minus but its realllllly light. Drop tested 50-100 times slammed the bolt who knows how many times...safe and it works. Now if I could get a flat faced shoe.....

Soon my friends, soon...

1549167779705.png

Not only does Tom Myers of Xtreme Shooting Products make great rifle actions he also makes these great triggers for AI. The best true two stage trigger currently offered.

http://www.x-tremeshooting.com/

EJ

He is the one that makes the competition trigger for AINA. You can't order the AICT directly from Tom though since it was a joint partnership with AINA.

The MOD22 is indeed a bad-ass 2-stage trigger.

Where did that pic come from and what’s the timeline for release?

That's mine. Can't say who I got it from though - that was my agreement. This is a prototype though - the final product may look slightly different; perhaps a contour to the pad area.

Should be released at any time though. Mile High will be your ticket, and as much interest as they have had about them I am positive they are going to post when they receive them. They already have a list going for orders so hopefully they get a metric ton of them in.

I have been frothing over the flat trigger shoe for the factory AI trigger... Will order this ASAP.

I'm waiting patiently for the rest to show up!View attachment 7017355

That Tangent Theta is so lonley in there. Those cases are really neat. Wish there was an option for slightly larger case that took 26 inch barrels.

I unfortunately won't be getting a TT gen3xr after this AXMC purchase. Still have two M7xi optics waiting to show up from my October pre-order, and will most likely put those both on the AXMCs. Had a hard time deciding what I was going to do. A PVS30 with a good illuminator. TT gen3xr and a TBAC 338 SR can. Or another AXMC. Went with the latter.

Comp trigger question:

To make it single stage, just tighten the first stage travel all the way down? Or does the 1st stage weight need to be adjusted as well?

Comp trigger question:

To make it single stage, just tighten the first stage travel all the way down? Or does the 1st stage weight need to be adjusted as well?

Yep, take the 1st stage travel all the way out. If it's crunchy, turn down the weight (that's the 1st stage spring getting compressed too hard). You could start by taking the 1st stage weight down - either works.

Reactions: Dthomas3523
So they mention Elite Midnight on their site, but I've never seen any guns that say Elite Midnight, its just always black. I want to say I read somewhere on the 'Hide that all the black guns are now Elite Midnight?

Does anyone have any info on this?

Jake

Yep, take the 1st stage travel all the way out. If it's crunchy, turn down the weight (that's the 1st stage spring getting compressed too hard). You could start by taking the 1st stage weight down - either works.

Don’t accidentally screw with the seer adjustments and not remember what you did.

What a nightmare getting it back into proper working order

Don’t accidentally screw with the seer adjustments and not remember what you did.

What a nightmare getting it back into proper working order

Hehe, true. I ordered 3 of them total. 2 were perfect on the break straight out of the package, but 1 I had to "screw" with.

The "wall" just felt 10 feet tall when it need to be .01 inches tall. Tested with a rubber mallet to the side of the rifle and a small Delrin hammer on top of the bolt shroud, all good.

Dude let’s see it put together all set up? What barrel length is that?

The 6.5cm, .308 & .300 win mag barrels are 20". I also picked up a 27" .338 Norma mag barrel for it as well.

It's still dark out here, so excuse the pic. Here's one of it together:
IMG_20190208_042515810.jpg

There was even enough room in this slot underneath the chassis to fit my 338 ultra can:
IMG_20190208_032615057.jpg

This is the only thing that kinda puzzles me? Why is the factory .300 win mag barrel that came with the rifle quite a bit smaller in contour than the other barrels I received from Eurooptic? EO called them 2018 profile. They are a lot beefier!
IMG_20190208_042907759.jpg

Regards,

Todd

The 6.5cm, .308 & .300 win mag barrels are 20". I also picked up a 27" .338 Norma mag barrel for it as well.

View attachment 7020386

There was even enough room in this slot underneath the chassis to fit my 338 ultra can:
View attachment 7020387

This is the only thing that kinda puzzles me? Why is the factory .300 win mag barrel that came with the rifle quite a bit smaller in contour than the other barrels I received from Eurooptic? EO called them 2018 profile. They are a lot beefier!
View attachment 7020388

Regards,

Todd

Looks awesome! Great setup! I also noticed that the profile of the barrels I got from factory have a smaller profile. Same for the 300 Norma mag I received last year. I don't have the explanation but I'm sure someone will chime in with that answer.

Reactions: MACHTECH

View attachment 7020386

View attachment 7020387

View attachment 7020388

Regards,

Todd
That is gorgeous. You probably run the 338 can wirh the win mag I’d imagine? Perfect set up my friend. Well done.

Reactions: MACHTECH
Regarding the barrel contours - Jason @ EuroOptic told me 'They started using the heavier AXMC blanks for short actions in 2018 to streamline their barrel blank logistics'

EuroOptic has them broken out on their site as well, the newer ones are labeled '2018 profile' and are ~$100 more a barrel.

What kind of speed you getting out of that 16.5”?

Started at 2,651 FPS average on a virgin barrel. We have seen them speed up to ~2,750 FPS after 200 rounds (Bartlein 5R’s). I didn’t chronograph any rounds today. I plan to after I get more rounds down the tube.

Started at 2,651 FPS average on a virgin barrel. We have seen them speed up to ~2,750 FPS after 200 rounds (Bartlein 5R’s). I didn’t chronograph any rounds today. I plan to after I get more rounds down the tube.

Dude 2700+ out of 16.5 is amazing. Your killing me! Haha

Hot Hand loads I assume? Factory 143 ELDx in a 17" Bartlein barrel I was seeing 2503 average fps. Never hand loaded for that barrel. WIth the 140s I saw an average of 2564 fps. The Berger 130s can get up there towards the 2700 mark on shorter barrels. Usually I was seeing 2670 or so..

Last edited:
Accuracy update:

Went to the range this morning to do some quick break in and fire forming of the 338 Norma brass. These guns are amazing!

6.5cm w/ factory Hornady 140 eldm - 5 shots
IMG_20190209_103000036.jpg

.308 win. w/ factory Federal 168 gmm - 5 shots
IMG_20190209_110707293.jpg

.338 Norma mag w/ 80 grains of Retumbo and Berger 300 otm fireforming brass - 5 shots
IMG_20190209_121706716.jpg

Accuracy update:

Went to the range this morning to do some quick break in and fire forming of the 338 Norma brass. These guns are amazing!

6.5cm w/ factory Hornady 140 eldm - 5 shots
View attachment 7021326
.308 win. w/ factory Federal 168 gmm - 5 shots
View attachment 7021329
.338 Norma mag w/ 80 grains of Retumbo and Berger 300 otm fireforming brass - 5 shotsView attachment 7021331

Awesome! Good shooting. What break in do you do? I know everyone has there own regiment. Waiting for my barrels back from MH before I get the new 300wm out.

Awesome! Good shooting. What break in do you do? I know everyone has there own regiment. Waiting for my barrels back from MH before I get the new 300wm out.

First off, thank you. As far as barrel break in, I really don't do anything fancy. 20-30 rounds each then take them home for a good cleaning and inspection with the Hawkeye. I quit doing that cleaning between each shot years ago. I hope you get your barrels soon! The anticipation has got to be killing you.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
First off, thank you. As far as barrel break in, I really don't do anything fancy. 20-30 rounds each then take them home for a good cleaning and inspection with the Hawkeye. I quit doing that cleaning between each shot years ago. I hope you get your barrels soon! The anticipation has got to be killing you.

I'm fairly patient.. Well that just depends on what it is these days.. Been waiting for my Black Bear Half Mount that is killing me inside to get. A suppressor or custom gun, I just forget about it. I have been doing 3/clean/3/clean/and then just shoot the thing for 20-40 pending the caliber and inspect. So nothing too fancy.

How are you liking that TT on the rifle. About the perfect setup you have going there.

How are you liking that TT on the rifle. About the perfect setup you have going there.

I love the TT with the new reticle. The center dot is a hair big for shooting groups at 100 yards, but I managed. Where it shines is when you switch barrels and have to re-zero. It's seconds instead of allen wrench and a couple minutes each!

Reactions: MOUNTIC