• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

victor co handguard to try out on my short action

Attachments

• 1B214BE5-37E6-46CF-9F63-390A9C240F73.jpeg
    1B214BE5-37E6-46CF-9F63-390A9C240F73.jpeg
    390.3 KB · Views: 182
Love the arctic blue. Did you paint it yourself? Just removed the skins and painted them?

How is the fit of the Victor forend? I was thinking about ordering one myself with the 20% off they have going on now. Are they as good as the AI forend? How do you think it would line up with a 30 MOA (AXMC) or 20 MOA (AX308) rail on top of it?

victor co handguard to try out on my short action

Last edited:
How is the fit of the Victor forend? I was thinking about ordering one myself with the 20% off they have going on now. Are they as good as the AI forend? How do you think it would line up with a 30 MOA (AXMC) or 20 MOA (AX308) rail on top of it?

Hey if anyone is interested in our Hammer Rail but not sure you will like it, I will guarantee you will love it or your money back. We have them on sale right now so it's the time to get 20% off.

Use the code BLKFR20

Use it for 30 days and if you don't like it for any reason, return it to me and I will give you a full refund, even standard ground shipping cost!

Best,

MV

_MG_0695.png
_MG_0683.png

it fits just as you would expect - locks up with no play. holding in hand it feels lighter than stock original. integral arca is nice to me in that it allows you to get a slightly lower shooting position vs bolting an arca onto the stock forend. i think for the moment he just has 0 moa (flat) rail sections. the photo of mine is a flat rail on the handguard vs. a 20 moa rail on the action. i'll see how it runs at interim distances with the pvs 30 later this winter. right now its still hunting season and im using a different setup while i wait for my cans to get out of jail for my AI setups.

it fits just as you would expect - locks up with no play. holding in hand it feels lighter than stock original. integral arca is nice to me in that it allows you to get a slightly lower shooting position vs bolting an arca onto the stock forend. i think for the moment he just has 0 moa (flat) rail sections. the photo of mine is a flat rail on the handguard vs. a 20 moa rail on the action. i'll see how it runs at interim distances with the pvs 30 later this winter. right now its still hunting season and im using a different setup while i wait for my cans to get out of jail for my AI setups.
Is your stock hand guard rail 20 Moa? I looked at mine and it looks like 20moa on the action but 0 Moa on the factory handguard top rail ?

Is your stock hand guard rail 20 Moa? I looked at mine and it looks like 20moa on the action but 0 Moa on the factory handguard top rail ?

99.9% sure its 20 moa, but i'll double check when i have the chance. it can be faint, but i believe its written on mine. i know it is on my axmc and another 30moa rail that i bought thats 13" to let me try one of my 13" rails on my axmc

Reactions: deersniper

99.9% sure its 20 moa, but i'll double check when i have the chance. it can be faint, but i believe its written on mine. i know it is on my axmc and another 30moa rail that i bought thats 13" to let me try one of my 13" rails on my axmc

Both are 20moa

ADE5404C-2BF2-4299-B798-A323D0787E53.jpeg

Reactions: deersniper
Thanks I see that on mine now too. Was looking at the left side before and couldn’t eyeball the taper. Looked flat

Hey if anyone is interested in our Hammer Rail but not sure you will like it, I will guarantee you will love it or your money back. We have them on sale right now so it's the time to get 20% off.

Use the code BLKFR20

Use it for 30 days and if you don't like it for any reason, return it to me and I will give you a full refund, even standard ground shipping cost!

Best,

MV

View attachment 7194015View attachment 7194016

Quick questions: 1. does the brown match AI FDE or AI Pale Brown? 2. is it possible to get a full pic rail on top? No reason other than the fact that I prefer the aesthetic of a flush rail from the receiver all the way through to the rail.

Congrats on a cool product btw.

Would like to ask the group who shoot an AXMC in a magnum caliber a question

Do you use the AI brake or did you switch. I know they are different threads but just wondering how effective people find the AI brake. I think it works well but have not shot a large magnum caliber previously. The only experience I have is my 419 Hellfire that is on my AT chambered in 6.5CM.

Do you use the AI brake or did you switch. I know they are different threads but just wondering how effective people find the AI brake. I think it works well but have not shot a large magnum caliber previously. The only experience I have is my 419 Hellfire that is on my AT chambered in 6.5CM.

I believe you know my policy....Suppressed or not at all ?...

With that said the few times I shot a stock ai brake, it was decent for recoil reduction.

I think the brake is very effective. Haven’t fired it with a suppressor yet so I can’t compare the two.

The brake has the added bonus of clearing any sensitive souls away from the firing point too ?

Reactions: Nik H

Do you use the AI brake or did you switch.

I am using the stock AI brake on the original 338 LM barrel and I think it is very effective. I should have a custom 338 LM barrel with a 419 Sidewinder to compare with in a week or two.

I am using the stock AI brake on the original 338 LM barrel and I think it is very effective. I should have a custom 338 LM barrel with a 419 Sidewinder to compare with in a week or two.

I would really appreciate seeing those results

I believe you know my policy....Suppressed or not at all ?...

With that said the few times I shot a stock ai brake, it was decent for recoil reduction.

I like your policy but can't indulge the itch unless I move which isn't happening right now. May buy some land in NH which would allow it.

Born a Yankee....always a Yankee

Well I had an AT for a while, but traded it off and regretted it, I was finally able to trade into another AT, thanks to another hide member. I am looking to get out and put some rounds through this rifle soon. The best part is my 5 year loves that we have similar rifles again, his is an AIAW replica airsoft rifle topped with a vortex pst scope.

Attachments

• 944D3682-3CA4-49D1-AFDC-F79435BAD96E.jpeg
    944D3682-3CA4-49D1-AFDC-F79435BAD96E.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 131
  • FECFB2A5-491F-4BAC-AE3F-1E50BBC125B8.jpeg
    FECFB2A5-491F-4BAC-AE3F-1E50BBC125B8.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: aam and BLKWLFK9
I like your policy but can't indulge the itch unless I move which isn't happening right now. May buy some land in NH which would allow it.

Born a Yankee....always a Yankee

Ewwwe...guess everyone has to have some faults

Calm, slightly overcast 10 degree day in Upper Dakota. Good morning for a 200 yd. dot drill. All of my LR rocks are on minimum maintenance roads that have yet to be cleared, so went to the local range.

PC060627.JPG

Rifle worked great, shooter sucked, these old eyes are catching up to me. Tried out a pair of Magpul patrol gloves, think they'll be O.K. after some breaking in. The moving blanket shooting pad is low rent, but sure breaks the frost from cold concrete.

Weather forecast for next week has some minus 0 days in it, hope to get out a few more times before that stuff lands. 10 degrees with little wind is one thing, -10 with a breeze is a new world.

Later.

Got to finally put some rounds through my 6.5 AT. Really promising start, the Sig 140SMK did much better then I was expecting. The Barnes 112 Match Burners factory did really well and the Hornady 140ELDM reload I had left over did excellent except for one flier.

1575666613763.png

1575666351879.png

1575666479133.png

Hornady load only looks like a 3 shot group but 4 of the 5 are in the 2 hole cluster and the flier is up top.

The rumbling dwarf has swapped over to an AI eh? No more Curtis. I feel like everyone I know in Utah is swapping over to AI's...
I shot this AI before my Curtis. I actually bought it near the end of 2015. When the comp trigger came out I went back to it.

Yes, it can be removed with no issues. However, you will lose the ability to have a front sling mount, since the QD cups screw into the bipod block.

Regarding removing the bipod block for weight savings but not having QD anymore... a solution is to just get two Teflon insert 0.8x5 nuts as backers. It’s working fine for me so far.

E6F36FE4-DAAA-492B-869B-06B8E0A21C0F.jpeg
F43837F2-4ED6-425C-9585-E107B60A261B.jpeg

I want to share this article that I happened upon. It went into more depth on AI’s history than others I have read. A pleasure to read. It illustrated the key role of Mr. Tom Irwin, who frequently visited SH in the past, a real gentleman.

Precision Rifle Series Australia finale.

2018 SFP folder AX308
Comp trigger + flat shoe
MYMag 3D printed magazine base plate
Proof 24" 6.5CM
HRD Gear arca rail
Area419 sidewinder brake
Accuracy 1st bubble
7-35 ATACR T3
GreyOps CNC mag cut AMP
Ckye pod long
Spuhr 4603B

This rifle is solid, does everything you ask - Very happy.

76263813_2506254306288797_7616650876232400896_o.jpg

Factory Hornady 140gr ELD-Match @ 2788fps from the 24" proof. 3 rounds, 100 metres, cold bore with approx 600 rounds since the last good scrub. Normally this ammo sits around .5 MOA, sometimes it gives something special but never blows out. They are exceptional rounds from a box.
ELDM.jpg

Last edited: