• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Hey all, I picked up a used AE MK III, and liking it a lot. However, it has a fixed stock and I'd like to convert it to a folder if possible. I'm not very familiar with how AI rifles and parts work, but it looks pretty modular based off the website and the stock itself.

Where can I pick up a folder? It looks like I'll need just the hinge part and bolt it on to replace the fixed part, but I can't find what I'm looking for online. Are there any other parts I'd need to switch out?

gaNc9fM.jpg

Hey all, I picked up a used AE MK III, and liking it a lot. However, it has a fixed stock and I'd like to convert it to a folder if possible. I'm not very familiar with how AI rifles and parts work, but it looks pretty modular based off the website and the stock itself.

Where can I pick up a folder? It looks like I'll need just the hinge part and bolt it on to replace the fixed part, but I can't find what I'm looking for online. Are there any other parts I'd need to switch out?

gaNc9fM.jpg
Check out these guys. https://www.milehighshooting.com/

Still not seeing anything, am I misunderstanding how this chassis works? I haven't taken it apart yet but to my eye it looks like I can just drop in a hinge where currently there's a fixed portion, right above the thumbhole.

All I'm seeing here is buying full side kits to replace what I already have, or pistol grip (I'd like to keep the thumbhole) kits.

Still not seeing anything, am I misunderstanding how this chassis works? I haven't taken it apart yet but to my eye it looks like I can just drop in a hinge where currently there's a fixed portion, right above the thumbhole.

All I'm seeing here is buying full side kits to replace what I already have, or pistol grip (I'd like to keep the thumbhole) kits.
Read through this thread https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...structions-and-pictures.6916920/#post-7402459

It might be possible, but it won't be as straightforward as if you had an AT. You will need to cut up the skins and machine the chassis. You will also not be able to buy just the hinge mechanism (at least not that I'm aware of). One option is to buy the folding buttstock section from someone that has done the AX buttstock upgrade, but again, you will need to do some hacking because the AE and AT interface is different.

Finally got my Sage Green(best color followed closely by sand) AXMC in 300WM/ 6mm CM with the NF 5-25 ATACR mounted. Crappy pic but will add better ones soon.

Trying to decide on weather to do an Arca Swiss dovetail to put on the bottom or change the whole handgaurd to the Victor Company one that basically turns the MC into an AXSR from what I can tell.

If you are running either tell me your thoughts. Sawtooth or HRD would save a bit over the new rail. Planning to run a CKYE pod on it if it helps.

IMG_20200128_203833475.jpg

Finally got my Sage Green(best color followed closely by sand) AXMC in 300WM/ 6mm CM with the NF 5-25 ATACR mounted. Crappy pic but will add better ones soon.

Trying to decide on weather to do an Arca Swiss dovetail to put on the bottom or change the whole handgaurd to the Victor Company one that basically turns the MC into an AXSR from what I can tell.

If you are running either tell me your thoughts. Sawtooth or HRD would save a bit over the new rail. Planning to run a CKYE pod on it if it helps.

View attachment 7237012
Nice rifle. Sage Green is the only acceptable AI color ?

As for the forend rail, you’ll be good either way. A bolt on rail and RRS randgaurd plate will combined be about half the price of the Victor Co rail. So if you’re looking to save a few bucks, that might be a better choice. Otherwise I think the Victor Co rail is pretty slick if you’re willing to spend the money on it.

Reactions: RS14
Nice rifle. Sage Green is the only acceptable AI color ?

As for the forend rail, you’ll be good either way. A bolt on rail and RRS randgaurd plate will combined be about half the price of the Victor Co rail. So if you’re looking to save a few bucks, that might be a better choice. Otherwise I think the Victor Co rail is pretty slick if you’re willing to spend the money on it.

Haha, thanks brother! Almost forgot... Just ordered your thumbrest too from Anarchy Outdoors tonight.

If I go under rail clamp on what's the best Arca Swiss to do?

Reactions: RS14
Real men take the brake off and do it...just sayin
That guy next to the wall is about to get rocked by the .50 muzzle blast haha

When I see that picture with the phrase “double trouble,” all I think of is Office Space. “What would you do with a million dollars?”
FA340D94-FF66-42E0-924A-16906F1AEBDE.jpeg

I was just thinking it was insane they didn’t have these ready for shot but I’m over it now. ???

The last time I spoke with Accuracy International USA about swag they said they lost their distribution person/company and were hoping to find a new one.

I just wrote them about the new 50 and lefty production..wishful thinking and of course they aren’t going to make them.
However, they are expecting to have a merchandise store up in the second quarter of this year.

did you happen to ask about any lefty axsr’s?

That is a near mint AW50F. Same action and barrel that migrated to the AX50, old-school thumbhole goodness... with the fixed rear monopod of course (standard).
That thing is sweet as, that stock is pretty whacky though

That thing is sweet as, that stock is pretty whacky though

Takes a little getting used to. Bipod will be a little higher than normal to get elevation for the monopod clearance.

As heavy as it is though, the rear monopod is not a bad thing. Maintaining a rear bag on a 40 pound rifle can be awkward.

NOT something you’d want to hump around for damn sure! Besides the weight, the rear monopod makes that slightly awkward.

@bfk4lyfe just like @upthewall , you lefties are the red headed step children. Prolly another year for a left handed AXSR.

@AIAW stop posting pics of that beast, making me want to get one of those too....

You know you are going to do it sooner or later - just make it sooner! They are very difficult to find so if you do find one go for it.

• Haha
Reactions: whiskeytower
I really don't know what you're getting at? Those were distributed to a bunch of the AI guys on here (free of charge) because AI wasn't making any available. Sorry you didn't get one.

Wyfox is tight with the AI guys and has plenty of AI swag. He sent me an under armour AI tshirt just because. Wyfox is "on the inside" with team AI.