• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

_MG_0376.png

when you have a moment, can you take a picture of your rifle from the side? trying to figure out of that sized arca rail will fit with my CAL bipod tension lever.
That good enough?

Attachments

• B58C7FEE-4249-4104-96C7-49F5411B6DDA.jpeg
    B58C7FEE-4249-4104-96C7-49F5411B6DDA.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 105
Someday AI will provide us LH AXMC owners with a magazine solution for firing short action cartridges
As eluded to before the new mags are reverse compatible with the AXMC thus making the need for a magwell adapter extinct. Sucks if you’re sitting on a bunch of SA mags as well in hopes of using them but finally an option for you guys.

View attachment 7256327
Managed to get 6/7 at 1000 yards today. Wind was tricky, switching full value right to left, and left to right

Our prone long range stage was a nightmare today. 5-6mph full value to 3/4 Left to right. Then switch to same thing right to left. Then die.

2/2 at 800yds, 2/2 at 900 yards, 2/3 at 1000 yards, 1/2 at 1100 yards with the 6BR. I timed out before I could engage the 1200yard target

As eluded to before the new mags are reverse compatible with the AXMC thus making the need for a magwell adapter extinct. Sucks if you’re sitting on a bunch of SA mags as well in hopes of using them but finally an option for you guys.
I’ll believe it when I see it. I bought the bolt in November. How hard is the magazine

I will wait. I am used to waiting on all things AI in LH

Over the weekend I was having some bad bolt lift issues with ammo. During the match I took the barrel off, cleaning it (hoping it was carbon or oil creating the problem), screwed it back on, torqued to 49 in/lbs and did NOT re-zero.

Went the B&T card stage which was 30yds. Dialed in 30yd dope and this was the result.

The AI quick change barrel system definitely works.

5D5906DA-0191-453D-9C98-F07C683B8350.jpeg

Got a Steiner m5xi on it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.59.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.59.19 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.59.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 1.59.49 PM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 57
Reactions: Batemanb12
Really want to get an AI, I'm lefty so my options are kinda limited.

Have been looking at the AW and AT models mostly.

Any advantages of 1 over the other? Seems the AW can change barrels quickly like the AT but needs a barrel and action vise.

I was looking for AW barrels at a couple vendors and only saw AT barrels, I didn't see any AW Specific barrels..

Which one should I be favoring? If any?

Any advantages of 1 over the other? Seems the AW can change barrels quickly like the AT but needs a barrel and action vise.

I was looking for AW barrels at a couple vendors and only saw AT barrels, I didn't see any AW Specific barrels..

AW is the old model.

your only option is look for AT or AXMC

I don't think they ever made a left handed AW but i could be wrong. There's no more new left handed AX's out there anymore, so your only option if you want new is an AT.

I don't think they ever made a left handed AW but i could be wrong. There's no more new left handed AX's out there anymore, so your only option if you want new is an AT.

There are at least a few AW's around.

Are AW barrels hard to find? Lots of the vendors don't really list them but I may be looking in the wrong places

Are AW barrels hard to find? Lots of the vendors don't really list them but I may be looking in the wrong places
I would say get AT or AXMC, I think AW needs a torque wrench to change barrel. AT and AXMC do not need.
I could be wrong too. haha

Being a LH shooter I would tell you to buy the AT. I have both the AT and AXMC. If the full caliber conversion kits were available, I would buy an AXMC but they aren’t so the AT will let you shoot the short action cartridges.

The AW does not support quick change barrels. It requires a barrel vice and other tools. The quick change barrel feature started after the AW was discontinued

Reactions: golgo013
@goneballistic

Lefty AI shooter here.

First, for short action replacement barrels (small tenon M27x2.0) AW = AT = AX. They are interchangeable. Barrels for the AXMC, regardless of short or long action caliber, are the larger tenon M30x2.0.

Your best bet IMO is to find a LH AT and go from there. Unless you really want/need the features of the tubular forend of the AX, the AT will do it all. If you want to run NV there is a bolt-on bridge, and if you want the AX buttstock you can upgrade whenever you’d like.

You’ll end up paying the same price for a LH AW, and be giving up two very important features, 1) Quick-Loc barrel change feature, and 2) FACTORY small firing pin to make it a lot easier to shoot high pressure 6 and 6.5mm modern cartridges.

Mile High and EuroOptic carry them new, and also may have demo AXs from past shows. I know for a fact Euro has an assortment of LH ATs in stock.

Any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Sam

2CAFDF7B-2DCE-499E-8FF2-6B8234BA8649.jpeg

06744C67-5380-4051-B395-83F41660541E.jpeg

@goneballistic

Lefty AI shooter here.

First, for short action replacement barrels (small tenon M27x2.0) AW = AT = AX. They are interchangeable. Barrels for the AXMC, regardless of short or long action caliber, are the larger tenon M30x2.0.

Your best bet IMO is to find a LH AT and go from there. Unless you really want/need the features of the tubular forend of the AX, the AT will do it all. If you want to run NV there is a bolt-on bridge, and if you want the AX buttstock you can upgrade whenever you’d like.

You’ll end up paying the same price for a LH AW, and be giving up two very important features, 1) Quick-Loc barrel change feature, and 2) FACTORY small firing pin to make it a lot easier to shoot high pressure 6 and 6.5mm modern cartridges.

Mile High and EuroOptic carry them new, and also may have demo AXs from past shows. I know for a fact Euro has an assortment of LH ATs in stock.

Any other questions feel free to shoot me a PM.

Sam

View attachment 7257495

View attachment 7257496

Did you cerakote the RRS plate?

Looks good.

Right the AO haha Looks great, both the AO and the AX

Did you end up re-purposing the AX chassis on that AX or is it a well engineered paper weight?

Right the AO haha Looks great, both the AO and the AX

Did you end up re-purposing the AX chassis on that AX or is it a well engineered paper weight?
The AX center section (chassis) is currently a paper weight. Not sure if I'll keep it or try to sell it. It's LH, so obviously has a limited market, but someone could conceivably use it to upgrade an AW or AT to an AX. I'm pretty sure AI UK offers that service to customers with AWs looking to upgrade.

I also have two complete AT chassis' stripped off of actions...

Reactions: Empr_Hadrian
I had a chance to break away Sunday and head to Quantico for a day at 1,000y. It started as a crisp 27 degrees with direct sun and no wind and eventually warmed to the mid 50's with about a 5mph wind. The issue was mirage, it was as bad as I've ever seen on the complex. I had to dial down 0.5mils and the left to right was a full Mil and I still sucked. It was so bad we couldn't call shots, we couldn't see the hits on steel and there was no auditory feedback.

I brought the new Swarovski STS-80 out for a test drive. The consensus was the glass was clear and bright, but most folks could not tell the difference between the STS-80 and for example, a side-by-side with a 80mm Vortex HD. Maybe it was the day, but the Swaro lets in more light and has no chromatic distortion that I could see, even close to the edge of the glass.

IMG_3432-1-1289869.jpg

Getting ready for the day. On position 24 and waiting for the EMT to arrive on site so we we can un-case and go hot.

IMG_3434-1-1289870.jpg

The AI Mandalorian edition made it's debut. :)

IMG_3436-1-1289871.jpg

First shot is always at about 0800 so there was a rising sun, cold temps and no mirage. I dialed up for a very low density altitude and fired 4 rounds at the clays at 1035y to confirm windage, then dialed down for 1,000 and shot for the head on a 2/3rds IPSC. I was a tad off. You could still see hits and I even got a ping off the hit. Crappy iPotato photo through the Swarovski.

IMG_3441-1-1289872.jpg

Confirmed:

IMG_3442-1-1289873.jpg

The mirage started to come up after I had called shots and mentored for a couple of hours so it started to get brutal trying to determine hits - we could not see the red hit indicator lights on the targets either - I've never seen this before, even though we dialed down to about 15x. Here's a 10 shot target where literally thought I only had three hits. It turned out I had two misses.

IMG_3446-1-1289874.jpg

Here's another target where I shot two five shot strings and again had no idea if I had hits. A check showed I didn't do too well. We all dialed down our scopes and did the same for the spotters, but there was so much target movement with the mirage it was just hard to confirm hits.

IMG_3458-1-1289868.jpg

I went suppressed for the rest of the day and simply shot clays at 1035y. At least you could see the splash on the berm.

IMG_3449-1-1289875.jpg

IMG_3452-1-1289876.jpg

IMG_3453-1-1289867.jpg

Last edited:
I had a chance to break away Sunday and head to Quantico for a day at 1,000y. It started as a crisp 27 degrees with direct sun and no wind and eventually warmed to the mid 50's with about a 5mph wind. The issue was mirage, it was as bad as I've ever seen on the complex. I had to dial down 0.5mils and the left to right was a full Mil and I still sucked. It was so bad we couldn't call shots, we couldn't see the hits on steel and there was no auditory feedback.

I brought the new Swarovski STS-80 out for a test drive. The consensus was the glass was clear and bright, but most folks could not tell the difference between the STS-80 and for example, a side-by-side with a Vortex HD.

IMG_3432-1-1289869.jpg

Getting ready for the day. On position 24 and waiting for the EMT to arrive on site so we we can un-case and go hot.

IMG_3434-1-1289870.jpg

The AI Mandalorian edition made it's debut. :)

IMG_3436-1-1289871.jpg

First shot is always at about 0800 so there was a rising sun, cold temps and no mirage. I dialed up for a very low density altitude and fired 4 rounds at the clays at 1035y to confirm windage, then dialed down for 1,000 and shot for the head on a 2/3rds IPSC. I was a tad off. You could still see hits and I even got a ping off the hit. Crappy iPotato photo through the Swarovski.

IMG_3441-1-1289872.jpg

Confirmed:

IMG_3442-1-1289873.jpg

The mirage started to come up after I had called shots and mentored for a couple of hours so it started to get brutal trying to determine hits - we could not see the red hit indicator lights on the targets either - I've never seen this before, even though we dialed down to about 15x. Here's a 10 shot target where literally thought I only had three hits. It tuned out I had two misses.

IMG_3446-1-1289874.jpg

Here's another target where I shot two five shot strings and again had no idea if I had hits. A check showed I didn't do too well. We all dialed down our scopes and did the same for the spotters, but there was so much target movement with the mirage it was just hard to confirm hits.

IMG_3458-1-1289868.jpg

I went suppressed for the rest of the day and simply shot clays at 1035y. At least you could see the splash on the berm.

IMG_3449-1-1289875.jpg

IMG_3452-1-1289876.jpg

IMG_3453-1-1289867.jpg

What barrel you have on there?

Ordered a new old stock, unfired 2017 AXMC at a steep discount, excited to truly join the thread!

Already have SFP 308 bolt assembly, mag adapter, victor company hr1, and a 6.5cm barrel. Just awaiting the ZCO mpct3 release.

Where did you snag it from?

Gunbroker, had the guy take it to an FFL I found near him and called them with the seller in the store. They confirmed SN and condition, paid ~$5900.

Was hoping to snag a second one possibly but nice score