• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Proof CF 6.5CM bbl
B6E5D6F6-57B6-4B52-9D89-DED32BC2041E.jpeg

This seems like a thread for my questions considering all the AI owners here.

What’s the lowest trigger weight you can set an AX stock trigger?

Is anyone using shoulder Prefit barrels for the AX short action? Proof, Keystone accuracy, PVA, straight jacket armory, and so on.

I understand that the AX has a quickloc system for quick barrel changes but is it ok to torque the barrel into the action like any other regular action? The rifle would be used for PRS and their is evidence that bumping a barrel with these quick change systems against objects will cause a POI shifts because they don’t secure the barrel as well as just torquing into the action to say 75ft-lbs

Is anyone using shoulder Prefit barrels for the AX short action? Proof, Keystone accuracy, PVA, straight jacket armory, and so on.

I understand that the AX has a quickloc system for quick barrel changes but is it ok to torque the barrel into the action like any other regular action? The rifle would be used for PRS and their is evidence that bumping a barrel with these quick change systems against objects will cause a POI shifts because they don’t secure the barrel as well as just torquing into the action to say 75ft-lbs

Havnt messed with the factory trigger

WIN Tac Bartliens (from EuroOptic or Mile High) and Proof

Quickloc is a shouldered system so it doesn’t have the same issues as switchlug or BarLoc

Havnt messed with the factory trigger

WIN Tac Bartliens (from EuroOptic or Mile High) and Proof

Quickloc is a shouldered system so it doesn’t have the same issues as switchlug or BarLoc

Positive experience with the Prefits barrels you mentioned?

I don’t know enough about the quickloc system. If you know of any videos or articles explaining it I’d appreciate it. I’m glad you understood my concern though because a lot of people don’t even know there is issues with the switch lug, barloc, or barrel nut systems.

I haven't played with mine yet but the AI manual says the trigger can to lowered at most to ~2.15lbs.

My hawk hill prefit is indexed nicely and even though COVID is keeping me indoors I've done some testing with quicklock and beating on the barrel with a rubber mallet becauseI had the same fear. With a laser sight at the end of the barrel, I'll line up the reticle with the sight, take the sight out, smack the ever loving shit out of the barrel, and see if the sight is still lined up with the barrel. I've not seen the sight move a hair during this process.

I haven't played with mine yet but the AI manual says the trigger can to lowered at most to ~2.15lbs.

My hawk hill prefit is indexed nicely and even though COVID is keeping me indoors I've done some testing with quicklock and beating on the barrel with a rubber mallet becauseI had the same fear. With a laser sight at the end of the barrel, I'll line up the reticle with the sight, take the sight out, smack the ever loving shit out of the barrel, and see if the sight is still lined up with the barrel. I've not seen the sight move a hair during this process.

That’s good news. I had a chance to review the quickloc and it would seem to be a nice design.

Not sure where you’re seeing this info on the trigger. Factory stock AI trigger is 1.5kg on the lowest, which is 3.3 lbs.

The lowest you can go per AI spec on a factory trigger is 3.3#. Many go lower, sometimes at the expense of the trigger not being drop safe. My personal AX trigger would easily drop fire at anything lower than 3.0#. Others have gone closer to 2# but each trigger is different.

If you want a lighter trigger that’s safe and designed to go down to 1#, pay the money for an AI Comp Trigger and be done with it. Chances are once you start messing with the factory trigger it’ll either be unsafe or feel like shit (or both) and you’ll end up having to send it in to Mile High to get re-set to factory specs.

The shouldered barrel is a non issue. The AI Quick-Loc design is peerless and totally unlike the tiny set screw designs of others on the market. It also uses a ridiculously long tenon with loads of thread engagement. Either send your rifle in to a shop like LRI and have them measure your action once, then get custom pre-fits for life tailored to your gun. Or just buy pre-fits from any of the companies you listed.

If you shoot a group, take your barrel off, reinstall the barrel, and shoot another group and it’s off by more than 0.1 to 0.2 mils, I’ll buy you a beer.

@Huskydriver @Robben

Proof Carbon Fiber 24” 6.5CM Prefit shot well. Berger 140gr factory ammo was running 2820fps. McCourt 30rd Test Series w/ 140gr VLDs was 2810-2830fps.

The Proof CF barrel is interesting, it dissipates heat quicker than all steel barrels; which might help barrel life? Idk. It cuts a couple pounds off weight wise, so it feels quicker and easier to move, but the loss in weight makes it more difficult to shoot in compromised positions as the balance point is further reward (induces more wobble).

94CEF757-85FD-4778-B03E-BC8D277AC461.png

@Huskydriver @Robben

Proof Carbon Fiber 24” 6.5CM Prefit shot well. Berger 140gr factory ammo was running 2820fps. McCourt 30rd Test Series w/ 140gr VLDs was 2810-2830fps.

The Proof CF barrel is interesting, it dissipates heat quicker than all steel barrels; which might help barrel life? Idk. It cuts a couple pounds off weight wise, so it feels quicker and easier to move, but the loss in weight makes it more difficult to shoot in compromised positions as the balance point is further reward (induces more wobble).

View attachment 7280886

Man I wish mine was that easy the first time out haha. Very nice

Does anyone have the Talon grips on his AXMC? Care to share some pics?
I'd like to pimp the pistol grip (as far as possible.. )

Not a AXMC. But I have them on my AT LE and I’m quite happy with them. Don’t currently have any decent pics showing them. But I’ll get some tomorrow if I don’t forget

Found these pics in a folder. So here ya go.

Attachments

• 4D6244D2-BFCC-4CE4-9337-7AF9CFA54E4E.jpeg
    4D6244D2-BFCC-4CE4-9337-7AF9CFA54E4E.jpeg
    436.9 KB · Views: 176
  • 0FE4277D-2886-4112-9726-D51790EBC84A.jpeg
    0FE4277D-2886-4112-9726-D51790EBC84A.jpeg
    459.9 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: Claluja and Fitz
Here’s the same AX as above that I shot at rifles only last year.

here it is again configure this time with 26” LH gain twist 6.5cm with TT 3-15.

Attachments

• 3440FFB3-64AE-41EB-9DCB-12057EBFF4F3.jpeg
    3440FFB3-64AE-41EB-9DCB-12057EBFF4F3.jpeg
    882.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 0C5914D9-490A-4468-BEF7-7CFA90694FD5.jpeg
    0C5914D9-490A-4468-BEF7-7CFA90694FD5.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 180
Here is one of my AWSM’s. Still need to get a SB 5-25DT for it.

Attachments

• 4DF808C3-7070-4176-9450-90203FFC34A6.jpeg
    4DF808C3-7070-4176-9450-90203FFC34A6.jpeg
    623.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Love
Reactions: aam
Not sure where you’re seeing this info on the trigger. Factory stock AI trigger is 1.5kg on the lowest, which is 3.3 lbs.

Yup, should have double checked my manual again. My comp trigger shipped at just over 2lbs according to my tool, for some reason my brain shut off. Thank you for correcting my mistake so the proper information is on here!:)

Reactions: samb300
Anyone have any idea what the max barrel OD for the shoulder can be for the AX short action?

Reactions: BLKWLFK9