• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

I did some social distancing today.
F92E0435-0DCE-4835-BD8E-1E3F43B114AB.jpeg

I’m looking to take the plunge into getting an AIAX.

For replacement barrels, should I be at all concerned about buying prefits for AI? Like the Win Tac, Proof, etc? Some people swear you should get smiths to perfectly match it to your action, but I don’t know enough to answer that.

Also, first world problems, but any thoughts on color? Trying to decide between Pale Brown and Dark Earth. I haven’t seen in person, just online. Pale Brown looks like a lighter tan, Dark Earth looks like a darker brown? With a black scope I don’t think it will matter, but what would match/coordinate better if I went with a Razor Gen II? My wife won’t like hearing I’m spending more time (and money) trying to coordinate the look of a rifle more that my actual wardrobe...

I recently got a Win Tac prefit for my AT from Mile High. It's an 18" 308 1/10. It's fast and extremely accurate. I only lost an average of 80 fps and it consistently will group 2" or better at 500 yds, with FGMM 175, and Hornady match 178. I'm convinced

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the new ASR short action mags will work in the AXMC? I see that the ASR got rid of the mag-well adapter for the short action mags. Basically I am wondering if you no longer need the adapter once the ASR mags are available and if they will drop right into the MC as they do in the ASR?

Thanks

Basically yeh the first AXMC's came in to Australia as non-folders as despite folding stock being legal in many states it was considered a prohibited import. That has since changes and no issue importing them now. They can also be converted to a folder as was done with my long action AXMC as it was one of the very first shipment into the country.

I left my short action AX as a non folder so that it is legal for comps in all states here pretty much.

Reactions: PrecisionRifleGuy
I got a weird itch to pick up an AX308 once my local FFL's open back up for business. I do have a question though for those that are running NV clip-on's, specifically a PVS-30. I want to mount a TT525 on the rifle when I get it and that sucker is long. Since the AX308 has a 3" shorter rail will than the AXMC, will I run into issues trying to mount my 30? Any information would be helpful, and pics would be awesome but I'm curios to know what you all think.

Reactions: Luvman and RS14
I got a weird itch to pick up an AX308 once my local FFL's open back up for business. I do have a question though for those that are running NV clip-on's, specifically a PVS-30. I want to mount a TT525 on the rifle when I get it and that sucker is long. Since the AX308 has a 3" shorter rail will than the AXMC, will I run into issues trying to mount my 30? Any information would be helpful, and pics would be awesome but I'm curios to know what you all think.
You will not have a problem. Plenty of room.

This is a poor picture but the only one I have at the moment. My rifle is on the far left of picture. It’s a AX308 with a TT5-25.

1586119587433.jpeg

Hi all. Can anyone tell me if the new ASR short action mags will work in the AXMC? I see that the ASR got rid of the mag-well adapter for the short action mags. Basically I am wondering if you no longer need the adapter once the ASR mags are available and if they will drop right into the MC as they do in the ASR?

Thanks

Calling @NoLegs24

Thanks

Yeah, they'll work...

Only way to do it is to remove the barrel and look inside the action from the front while you tighten and loosen the QuickLoc screw.
What do you exactly look for when you tighten and loosen the QuickLoc screw with the barrel out? I have the barrel out and cant tell much when I tighten/loosen the screw. Thanks.

What do you exactly look for when you tighten and loosen the QuickLoc screw with the barrel out? I have the barrel out and cant tell much when I tighten/loosen the screw. Thanks.
The biggest thing is obviously if 49 in-lb on the QuickLoc screw doesn’t yield repeatable results. My theory is simply that if there is epoxy on one or both of the QuickLoc lugs, that they are constrained and don’t move freely, hence needing more torque to keep the barrel consistent.

There’s only about 0.015” of movement of the lugs, so it might be hard to see from the front. Maybe you can get a feeler gage in there? But I also don’t think the tenon threads will move as much as the back of the lugs will.

(reference - not my rifle in 1st pic)
8B33831C-0940-478F-AA67-AFD7705A8877.jpeg
FF90B050-D9DF-492A-B8F2-43BDEB6ABE97.jpeg
E1C5657D-2290-4503-932C-6170C9630643.jpeg

The biggest thing is obviously if 49 in-lb on the QuickLoc screw doesn’t yield repeatable results. My theory is simply that if there is epoxy on one or both of the QuickLoc lugs, that they are constrained and don’t move freely, hence needing more torque to keep the barrel consistent.

There’s only about 0.015” of movement of the lugs, so it might be hard to see from the front. Maybe you can get a feeler gage in there? But I also don’t think the tenon threads will move as much as the back of the lugs will.

(reference - not my rifle in 1st pic)
Thanks! The best I can see without removing the action is this. I'm not sure if its possible to know 100% if there is any epoxy without removing the action.
IMG_2965v1.jpg
IMG_2966v1.jpg

Thanks! The best I can see without removing the action is this. I'm not sure if its possible to know 100% if there is any epoxy without removing the action.
View attachment 7292042View attachment 7292043
Do you have issues at 49 in-lbs?

Can you see the two halves moving together when you tighten the QuickLoc screw? Do you see each half move evenly?

De-bonding the action just to check the QuickLoc lugs would be a bit overkill unless you couldn't get any sort of repeatability without majorly overly torquing it. And if that was the case I'd rather send it back to AI.

This is east of CO Springs. Got the invite with @wjm308 for the afternoon. My normal club (GGC) is closed.

Got hands on with the new march prototype. Thing is NICE! Illya's new reticle design in it, is very well put together.

I miss the springs...I was stationed at ft Carson for quite awhile

This is east of CO Springs.

Its been many years since I have shot at the Falcon range. Way too many houses in the impact area.

The south range is really nice. Steel out to 1,000 every day of the year, night shooting and full auto is allowed.

Anyone practice social distancing, today?

View attachment 7296253

Sure did... @Mr. F and another buddy and I getting some 1000 yard work in...got my Padawan learning to dig fighting positions...we are just outside the bombing range...got to see some f35s manuvering and they dropped some ordinance couple clicks south of us

20200411_102022.jpg