• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Tried ordering a GTAC grip conversion for about a month and can’t get a reply. Anybody else have a hard time getting a response from them?

Facebook message them direct (Mr Alan Foster), but it is Christmas... They might be offline for a while.
They took a while to get mine done, we’re waiting on AI stock sides then paint.

Reactions: Zeroit
Tried ordering a GTAC grip conversion for about a month and can’t get a reply. Anybody else have a hard time getting a response from them?
No, Alan is a pretty solid guy.
They have been experiencing some rather serious lock down stuff, be patient.
They have also experienced delays from AI on the parts necessary to complete.
Keep touching base.
And let him know you heard about GTAC
From the hide.

Reactions: 96C
They have been experiencing some rather serious lock down stuff, be patient.
They have also experienced delays from AI on the parts necessary to complete.
Yea it’s a fun time over there right now. More lockdowns, “new” covid strain, and BREXIT. Add all of that to it being the holiday season and how most Europeans take off for two weeks during this time of the year.

Yea it’s a fun time over there right now. More lockdowns, “new” covid strain, and BREXIT. Add all of that to it being the holiday season and how most Europeans take off for two weeks during this time of the year.

Some of us continue to wait for a chassis that's been "on the way" for a while, despite AI releasing new rifles in stead. Throw in the VID and a Mexican Standoff ~ complicates my needs..

Reactions: M8541Reaper
My GTAC has been hanging out in Chicago for over a week now, Alan is a
Super dude to work with, USPS not so much.

I got my GTAC kit on the 26th, only took 4 days from the UK to my local USPS hub, took 8 days after to get to me. Alan was great to work with, it was mailed on the 14th before the current UK lockdown. I put in my order in October for the run that just got mailed.

New carbon 308 barrel came in the mail last week. Only took 9 months. At that wait time I should have bought another can.
5B02ACD6-2759-4546-9F3A-4E27B74D3DBF.jpeg

On a side note. I’ve got the comp trigger in and the safety doesn’t work anymore lol that normal? Used it once before I did the swap and it worked fine, not budging now.

New carbon 308 barrel came in the mail last week. Only took 9 months. At that wait time I should have bought another can.
View attachment 7515150
On a side note. I’ve got the comp trigger in and the safety doesn’t work anymore lol that normal? Used it once before I did the swap and it worked fine, not budging now.
Definitely not normal. I do not have this problem in mine.

Also pic thread:

1609355899909.png

Did some shooting today out in the grasslands. Beautiful day, dead calm, not too cold and warmed up nicely. The ZCO has been on and off the gun 3 times, the barrel a few times, and just dialed my dope I had written down and this is the 5 shot group I managed at 400 yds. Cold bore, cold shooter. The water line is flipped 90 degrees. It was horizontal. I’m impressed with this thing!!

6.5CM AI barrel 24”
140gr hybrids and lapua SRP brass.

CA3A3ADE-A34B-4DF6-9A36-4C706DFD909A.jpeg
29F02C01-6CC9-45A1-9264-314DFAC22F33.png

Last edited:
You

shot a 15lb cat with a 300 wm hahahha

He was actually 33lbs 4 oz. But yeah, not the ideal varmint gun. Was out hunting deer when this guy popped up in the pasture below me. The bullet, a 208 AMax at 2950fps, didn't exit! Cat was sitting on his ass like a dog, facing me at about 300yds. Bullet entered right in his chest. Thought for sure his whole back would be opened up...

Not all, but with most peoples eye relief the ocular lens sits around where the hinge sits. Meaning the eye piece is clear of the rail anyway.

Might want to double check your LOP then subsequent eye relief. 🤷‍♂️

Guess I'm a part of team AXMC now.
First round impacts to 1050 today with the 6.5 Creed barrel using factory loaded Berger 140's.
Not my first AI but the Kool-Aid has definitely been drunk.

View attachment 7517547

Green is still my favorite AI color. As I wait for my scope mount and look at this thread, I ask myself... is it crazy to sell my mkiii and gen 2 razor to buy a new AT or used AW? I want a greenAT so bad but then id be scopeless again. Probably just run the MKIII for a while I guess.

Question for anyone and everyone. Have any of you tried to get your AX as light as possible to make it a bearable hunting rifle? I have a 24” 6.5cm barrel and a 18” 308 barrel. Love the length of the 308 barrel but definitely still pretty heavy. Thinking about sending the 6.5 barrel to Chad at LRI for some of his crazy fluting or offing both barrels for a carbon barrel, and dumping the Gen 2 razor for a 3-18 MK5 or something along those lines.

What’s the lightest you’ve guys have gotten an AX down to? Priorities have shifted a bit but selling the AI isn’t really an option and the pocket book isn’t big enough for another nice rifle.

Question for anyone and everyone. Have any of you tried to get your AX as light as possible to make it a bearable hunting rifle? I have a 24” 6.5cm barrel and a 18” 308 barrel. Love the length of the 308 barrel but definitely still pretty heavy. Thinking about sending the 6.5 barrel to Chad at LRI for some of his crazy fluting or offing both barrels for a carbon barrel, and dumping the Gen 2 razor for a 3-18 MK5 or something along those lines.

What’s the lightest you’ve guys have gotten an AX down to? Priorities have shifted a bit but selling the AI isn’t really an option and the pocket book isn’t big enough for another nice rifle.

A short 18" carbon barrel weighs like .5lb or less than a steel 18" fyi... Carbon barrels are much lighter than steel barrels when comparing longer tubes. I ran a shorty carbon barrel and I couldn't notice any difference humping it around.

The barrel by far is the single largest contributer to weight so if you can get a lighter contour or some heavy fluting you might notice it carrying it around.

My set up weighs like 10lbs with a zco before screwing on a 6-8lb ish barrel

gen2 scope is amazing but certainly HEAVY so your on the right track with new scope/ barrel setup

ive got a sendero light 6.5CM AX barrel that’s just under 3lbs. An AX with no barrel/optics weighs 9lbs so those would be 12lbs before optic and bipod. Say atlas/ckye single pull ~1lbs so that’s 13lbs. Then whatever optic you want. I have a 3.5-18mk5 that I think would do really well on a hunting gun. You could feasibly get it under or at 16lbs but I’m not sure much under that.

ive got a sendero light 6.5CM AX barrel that’s just under 3lbs. An AX with no barrel/optics weighs 9lbs so those would be 12lbs before optic and bipod. Say atlas/ckye single pull ~1lbs so that’s 13lbs. Then whatever optic you want. I have a 3.5-18mk5 that I think would do really well on a hunting gun. You could feasibly get it under or at 16lbs but I’m not sure much under that.
What length is your barrel?

For the ones interested & with a 3D printer; I made a simple bag rider for the AXMC. Nothing fancy and definitely not as sophisticated as others I have seen, but it works for me.

Attached some pictures and the STL file for printing (you need to unzip as I cannot upload and STL file).

No special printing settings needed but print upright as shown on the pictures. The version on the picture is PLA with 20% infill, no support. Seems strong enough but I probably will print one from ABS with 40% infill. Probably will also look better as ABS is less shiny. Screw holes are present.

PXL_20210104_102546505.jpg
PXL_20210104_102534037.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 13.43.21.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 13.43.42.png

Attachments

• Bag Rider AXMC v2.stl.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 59