• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

That barrel is from Mile High. If I heard correctly, Adam said they had just completed a run for AI so I grabbed one and had it four days later.

IMG_7584-1930471.jpg

IMG_7585-1930470.jpg
I was tracking "AI" factory labeled barrels only came from WinTac. Anyone know if that has changed to include MH? (not a discussion of quality...MH is obviously more than capable of making hammers.)

I was tracking "AI" factory labeled barrels only came from WinTac. Anyone know if that has changed to include MH? (not a discussion of quality...MH is obviously more than capable of making hammers.)
This thread I linked probably has a lot of info in it that would be a good read.

Reactions: pucker
Didn't mean to start anything, as I said, I might not have heard Adam correctly.

Reactions: pucker
This thread I linked probably has a lot of info in it that would be a good read.

Yep, I remember that thread. No doubt AIs can have barrels from other manufacturers... not exactly the question I posed. Defender’s barrel is marked AI... meaning it was spun by WinTac. MH uses their own marking.

Again, before anyone gets riled up... both MH and WinTac make hammers. Just pointing out it’s not a MH-spun barrel.

Took my 17 year old daughter out to try out the Elite Sand AXSA. Put the ES 308 back on this one and did some 100 yard shooting. Indoor underground range.

20210506_162945.jpg

20210506_162954.jpg

20210506_163015.jpg

Before I adjusted from my 200 yard zero.

20210506_174235.jpg

Kimmy's group.

20210506_174243.jpg

They use plywood backer board here and it tears up the paper some.

20210506_174250.jpg

20210506_174219.jpg

Got out and shot a mile with some shooting buddies yesterday.
We were all able to make hits on steel with multiple calibers (6CM, 6.5x47, 6.5CM, 300NM, 338NM) at distances of 1560, 1660 and 1760.
Once dialed in the AXSR in 300NM
Was able to land 9 out of 10 shots
In a respectable size group at 1760.
20210507_134514.jpg
IMG_4887.jpg

Just got the GTAC grip mod and installed it with the Ergo grip. It does make it more comfortable and just love the thumb rest. Now my rifle just feels perfect. I know I won’t shoot it any better but it does feel nicer to get behind. Now I like it better than the AXSR due to the 3 stage bolt safety and it has the Ergo grip which I like better than the old AI grip. Hope to get it on the range soon.

B3CE1553-7AA2-4553-8A1A-318019019F27.jpeg

Still got me f@$#ed why they put a colour not many will buy on show!!
That red drew shooters from across the course to see the new AT-Xs when AI attended our PRS match. The AIs clearly stood out = marketing genius.

It may not be the primary reason, but U.S. pre-order dealer feedback allows AI to gauge customer color choice so they could produce to those percentages. ETA - I'm speculating on this one, I have no inside knowledge whatsoever.

Last edited:
View attachment 7620353

They are delivered factory painted by AI, but they also do in house cerakoting.
We got a black AXSR 300WM & 300PRC barrel, it’ll come back with a camouflage pattern.
Is that bottom one aftermarket painted, a factory gray color...or just Elite Sand being tricky to photograph again?
Thanks

Is that bottom one aftermarket painted, a factory gray color...or just Elite Sand being tricky to photograph again?
Thanks
I happened to have spent the afternoon at AI Fredericksburg where I had a very nice AXSR in my hands in that superb factory gray color. :)

Not mine, just an update on my post above about the gray AXSR. I took a screenshot of the AI story posted on IG. It shows the rifle I was holding in the shop early this afternoon, but later in the day being sighted at the range.

That’s Elite Sand by the way. Lol.

What tennon thread protectors are you guys running? Looking for AXSR spare barrels.