• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accuracy International Picture Thread

Oh now I get it...

The two rifles in back have Elite Iron bipods. He wanted the "Elite Sand" bipod to match the color of the AXSR lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5-0 MTB
both the berger 215 and 230 loaded rounds shot extremely well out of my 300 norma. i havent shot through the loaded rounds i have but when i do i'll be looking to replicate those if i can. someone on here has prob already figured it out. i believe they use n570

Hey Guys, only asking here because I want people who have experience with AI rifles to answer.
Just shot out another 338LM barrel on my AXMC and replaced it last week. I want to spread the round count out over several barrels instead of just hammering away with the 338LM all the time. I have decided to add a couple of other calibers that hit hard with heavy bullets, so I bought both an AI 300WM and a AI 300NM barrels for the AXMC.
What is your go to load in these 2 calibers? You can PM me with suggestions to keep the thread from diverging into something its not.
Here is a gratuitous picture of the "all around best made rifles". Thanks!
View attachment 7711401
What was the round count on the 338?

Some new arrivals I hope to test this weekend.

thumbnail_IMG_0507-2110380.jpg

IMG_0510-2109439.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: M8541Reaper
What powders do you have? Lol honestly i prefer the 300 prc to either of the above
That one is coming, had to go with whats available right now:)
What was the round count on the 338?
1500 this time, probably 2-3 hundred too many. Barrel will still hold 3.5" at 500, just got tired of chasing impacts. Swapped out barrels and wham, better than I expected, sub .5 mao at 500, Actually it stacked 3 shots almost on top of each other. Anxious to stretch this one out to see how it really will shoot. 1st pic is old barrel at 500, 2nd is new barrel at 500. both 3 shot groups.
Both factory AI barrels.
IMG_5623.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

Hey Guys, only asking here because I want people who have experience with AI rifles to answer.
Just shot out another 338LM barrel on my AXMC and replaced it last week. I want to spread the round count out over several barrels instead of just hammering away with the 338LM all the time. I have decided to add a couple of other calibers that hit hard with heavy bullets, so I bought both an AI 300WM and a AI 300NM barrels for the AXMC.
What is your go to load in these 2 calibers? You can PM me with suggestions to keep the thread from diverging into something its not.
Here is a gratuitous picture of the "all around best made rifles". Thanks!
View attachment 7711401
Did you know you just defeated the purposes of the AI switch barrel system. 😂 if I have extra coins I would do the same.

Reactions: Bulletsmith
AXSR question for those who know , does the 300N & 338L run the same magazine or would I need 2 different magazines for each barrel as the feed lips would be different ?
Also do the AXSR 300N mag measure 3.850 ?

AXSR question for those who know , does the 300N & 338L run the same magazine or would I need 2 different magazines for each barrel as the feed lips would be different ?
Also do the AXSR 300N mag measure 3.850 ?

I was able to run 300 Norma from either the 300wm or 338 lm mags.

I can't answer the second question

Reactions: pfl338 and CHEYTAC
Got out to Cowtown Range this morning and stretched out the 6.5x47 to 1080Y gun just shoots and shoots and shoots. Super impressed with the Ultra short S&B. I think the clarity may be a tad better then the PMII 5x25 and I got comfortable with the turret clicks fairly fast. Only shot 20 rounds 15 of them at 1080 had 3 misses and that was just me not reading the wind shift. Now how do I buy my next one Hmmmm
087EC7DD-E70C-4E5B-B790-7CDF8369C76A.jpeg

Last edited:
I shoot 300NM and 338LM from the same mags. Same rim diameter and a .002 change in base diameter, 3.681 spec COAL...works fine for me.

Reactions: pfl338
My fault Let me Clarify my question
If I buy a new axsr in 300N and later swap barrels to 338L or get Mr Tooley to spin me up one will the mag work as AI intended it to with 338l ammo and are the 300N mags 3.850
any help would be greatly appreciated

My fault Let me Clarify my question
If I buy a new axsr in 300N and later swap barrels to 338L or get Mr Tooley to spin me up one will the mag work as AI intended it to with 338l ammo and are the 300N mags 3.850
any help would be greatly appreciated

Read m4gurus post above......

My AXSA has been neglected for the last month and a half with moving houses and stuff, and selling my ZCO ;( thinking about getting a glass coke bottle and drawing on a reticle for deer season later this fall. New 7mm proof carbon barrel is slated to show up today for it as well. My smith talked me out of a 7mm-08AI and into a 7SAW. Picture of my last trip out with my baby

237DB00C-5F27-4AFF-85BC-5D511C5F6B92.jpeg

My AXSA has been neglected for the last month and a half with moving houses and stuff, and selling my ZCO ;( thinking about getting a glass coke bottle and drawing on a reticle for deer season later this fall. New 7mm proof carbon barrel is slated to show up today for it as well. My smith talked me out of a 7mm-08AI and into a 7SAW. Picture of my last trip out with my baby

View attachment 7712675

Dude I got a cabinet full of scopes you can use for deer season, hit me up

View attachment 7712675
I'm also super intrigued by the 7saw. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it!

Reactions: Krob95
I have been running one for a while if you want any load data. Been running 26" barrels using 160TMKs but have also run the 175gr Bergers and 162 ELD M/X
I was thinking of running 151 solids or 162 eldx for hunting and 180’s for matches ( prone only) as they’re easier to find. 160 tmk and 162 eldms are unobtanium 😬

I was thinking of running 151 solids or 162 eldx for hunting and 180’s for matches ( prone only) as they’re easier to find. 160 tmk and 162 eldms are unobtanium 😬
What barrel length are you going with? I ran MR2000 with the 175s and got some ridiculous velocities, was temp sensitive though. The StaBall might be an option for the 180s. The 160s and 162s are quick, am running them at 2850 with RL16.

Ah nice, when I asked him, Clayton suggested starting at the following charges:

Varget/AR2208: 40.5gr

H4350/AR2209: 43.5gr

Reloader 16: 43.5gr

I'm running 46gr of RL16 at the moment.

Reactions: Krob95
Ah nice, when I asked him, Clayton suggested starting at the following charges:

Varget/AR2208: 40.5gr

H4350/AR2209: 43.5gr

Reloader 16: 43.5gr

I'm running 46gr of RL16 at the moment.
Are you running the long or short freebore?

If you make the same one with a redneck, a mule deer, and a grizzly bear that says “Gawd damn” I promise I will laugh my ass off.

• Haha
Reactions: The Durk and plong
I got notification yesterday from our dealer down here in Australia my AXSR in Elite Sand is here. It is coming with a 300NM barrel installed.

Now I just have a few months left on this deployment until I get to shoot it. I will never have owned a rifle so long from new and not shot it. Until then I have to live through you lot.

Post more pictures!

Got out to the range for the first time in a couple months. Verifying dope on my kestrel with my 22GT barrel. Pretty much dead on for elevation with decent success calling wind. 2nd round impact at 1k with a 95gr SMK. She’s ready for deer season and will be dropping anything within 600yd with confidence. Big s/o to @M4guru for letting me borrow his Leica PRS 5-30 until I can acquire another scope, a real fuckin homie ❤️

feelsgoodman.jpeg
2030D391-F2D7-455E-A676-A6F0861E4D5D.jpeg