• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Act of Valor

Re: Act of Valor

I felt everything was a little rushed too, but hey, its a movie. It can't be perfect. Some of the scenes like jumping on the frag and getting shot a lot and still fighting were based on real events.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Donttrytorun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But it's the movies. I think they could have come up with something better than jumping on a frag though. </div></div>

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/monsoor.asp </div></div>Look, I know guys have been jumping on grenades since they were invented. It used to be a sure way to get a MOH. Some guys even survived without Kevlar.I use to eat at a dining hall named after some PFC who did it in Nam.
But I still say they could have done something better, even if it wasn't the one thing a SEAl got the MOH for in the last 40 years. Then they could have done the Trident thing.
It was a big room with some pillars.If he kicked it they would have been fine. It was a F1 type. Nothing special. But it was a movie. The way they had it looking a SEAL team is a half dozen guys, or less. In fact, they made it seem as if there are only a half dozen, anywhere. They tried a little too hard.
I didn't hear enough laughing either. Guys like that have fun, and are funny, not somber with just little hints of smiles as if it's expected. Made them seem dim, as if they didn't get the joke.

Movie was worth it just for Senior Chief interrogation alone.

I went to see it last night, really enjoyed it. You could have heard a pin drop in the theater.

Just took my oldest son to see it. Good movie, I'll see it again.

Same silence in the theatre as described above. It was worth going to in a theatre, instead of waiting for the DVD.

It is a shame how many people who see this in the theater take it as "just another action movie" when it is indeed everyday life for the guys on the teams.

The movie definitely delivers a message.

Excellent movie, would recommend it to anyone!!!

Most everyone clapped at the end, which was refreshing to hear.

I really hope this movie gets the recognition that it deserves, and even <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold"></span>more</span> so the men that it pays tribute to.

I pray that the people in this country never forget what our forces and their families endure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PullinTriggers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is a shame how many people who see this in the theater take it as "just another action movie" when it is indeed everyday life for the guys on the teams.

The movie definitely delivers a message.</div></div> exactly what a friend and I were talking about the other day. The movie, to me, is about sacrifice and i am sure most people will think it is just an action movie and that is too bad.

Nice to see a realistic movie without big name actors spoiling the fun. $45,000,000 so far with a $12,000,000 budget. Hope the the spoils are shared.

Saw it yesterday based from the reviews here. It was excellent.

I agree with the sentiment about the no name actors in it. I was asked this morning by an aquaintance what I did yesterday. Told them I went to the range and then to see this movie. I was asked who was in it, and told the person nobody we know and that the movie was based on what our American Hero's do as second nature everyday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GardDog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same silence in the theatre as described above.</div></div>

Noticed that myself.

I saw it last night. It was entertaining and nice to see realistic combat scenes...to a some degree. What struck me was that it was the first movie I've been to that the audience did not stand up and leave until the credits were through. I've never experienced that before.

Was not disappointed. Buying it on Blu-Ray when it comes out
smile.gif

Actions scenes great. I got a little feeling of elders of Zion with the Jews financed the terror!!! I felt like WWF X-Seal wrote that part, and with his typical who blew up the twin towers stuff????

I really enjoyed the movie.

Like a lot of you, a huge grin came across my face when those evac boats came around the corner and the mini-gun lit the shit out of those pieces of shit.

I also teared up at the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Spaceman_Spiff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really enjoyed the movie.

Like a lot of you, a huge grin came across my face when those evac boats came around the corner and the mini-gun lit the shit out of those pieces of shit.

I also teared up at the end. </div></div>

Yeah that made the hair on the back of my neck stand up

Finally had a chance to see this tonight. It's a good flick that hits close to home. RIP Caleb.

Saw it last night, great movie. I have no military exp but thought it showed the brotherhood of the team like what it would really be. Makes you really think about what they give up and what their families give up for us, and want to say

THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE SERVED THIS COUNTRY

Caught it this week, damn good movie. The comraderie and patriotism this movie showed just how blessed this country is to have warriors like these. It reminded me alot of Chris Kyle's book "American Sniper".

Kyles book is good, but i wouldn't relate it to the movie. "personally" that's my .02$ i just wish i could get him to sign my copy so i could give it to my buddy's dad. he was the one i got the information from in my signature, "To those who have gone down range" as the movie says

just saw the movie yesturday, wow its one amazing movie!! +1 to a great movie!

Amazing product for what it was, especially considering the backstory.

It was supposedly a recruiting video that got amped up into a feature length film. I think it was filmed a few years ago, actually.

The guys aren't actors, so there's no complaints about their acting.

There weren't many people in the theater when I went. Some Ft Campbell soldiers were clowning around having fun during the trailers and making Navy jokes during the first part of the movie. All was silent at the end.

I thout the letter was a great poetic touch.

the extraction scene was very nice, hearing all those machine gun roar.

I know it was still showing this weekend in my area, but only for one time. probably not for long

I'm sure you can find it somewhere if you're in an area w/multiple theaters.

I'm content to wait until it comes out on BluRay and add it to my collection of personal favorites.

Just come back from the theater , the movie is awesome but I was just a little bit disappointed looking at :

The EOtech RDSs were switched off with no reticle
The use of visible lasers , they did not make any sense with NVDs
The use of DPMS DMR which is not in the SEaLs inventory in my knowledge
No modern assets in use ( thermals , suppressors , ANVIS , SCARs , Ops-Core helmets , PEQ15s .... )
Not always correct TTPs in use
The operators wear wedding rings , this is completely misplaced

However the movie still remain great !
PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Schwartz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its got the seals in it. That pretty much targets the entire male gender. </div></div>

"I am the Walrus" Kookookatoo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just come back from the theater , the movie is awesome but I was just a little bit disappointed looking at :

The EOtech RDSs were switched off with no reticle
The use of visible lasers , they did not make any sense with NVDs
The use of DPMS DMR which is not in the SEaLs inventory in my knowledge
No modern assets in use ( thermals , suppressors , ANVIS , SCARs , Ops-Core helmets , PEQ15s .... )
Not always correct TTPs in use
The operators wear wedding rings , this is completely misplaced

However the movie still remain great !
PP out
</div></div>
Do yourself a favor and read the book.
All the equipment and TTPs are accurate in it.
Very fun and quick read...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do yourself a favor and read the book.</div></div>

Thank you for the headup , I will for sure but here I was talking about the movie not the book ,

PP out

Just saw that the DVD and BluRay are scheduled for release
June 5 2012

Gonna buy the BluRay and see if I can vibrate the whole house with my home theater system.

Just bought and watched the movie today, outstanding, is the least i can say.

Saw it in the theater opening night. Bought the DVD on tuesday, probably watched it about twice that night... First time I've actually watched a movie with commentary on!

I only have two complaints, and one of them was addressed in the commentary...

First is Senior Chiefs fake ass beard in one scene.
And second is, they make it seem like everything is happening all in the matter of a day or two... only subtle clues like the wifes belly (if you even notice her stomach)

The deleted scenes on the blue ray are some of the best acted it seemed to me, especially the SEALs.

I watched it with my grandfather witch was a frogman in the Korean conflict watching this movie is the first time i saw him shed a tear he told me it hit to close to home. Great movie he said

I wondering if the list at the end of the movie is all Navy seals KIA. If so I bet the seals that died with Marcus Latrell.. Are there..

If you liked this movie read the books

"American Sniper"

"The lone surviver"

"House to house" is goo also.