• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Act of Valor

Re: Act of Valor

bought the special edition that makes a donation to wounded warrior project

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Toe42</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wondering if the list at the end of the movie is all Navy seals KIA. If so I bet the seals that died with Marcus Latrell.. Are there..

If you liked this movie read the books

"American Sniper"

"The lone surviver"

"House to house" is goo also. </div></div>

I saw Murphy name on there

Everyone should buy this even if you rented or borrowed, just to give it the support.

I took my 18 year old son to see it when it came out. I didn't have to explain why there were tears in my eyes when the movie ended. He understood. I've got a copy on order.

My wife & son bought me the special editionBluRay for Father's Day. I dug the interviews & deleted scenes...I had already seen the movie a couple of times...

I saw the movie tonight for the first time (definitely not the last).

Flaws first, one platoon going all over the map to do in the bad guys, instead of it being a true team effort. I excuse this on the fact that it's both important to get to know the characters a bit, and also since it's Active Duty Seals, important not to expose too many of them to the public eye.

Now for the good, technically and tactically (aside from a few cheesy explosions) the SEAL's kept true to the actual things they are capable of. If they didn't show every whiz bang in their majic bags, fine, leave the best surprises for the actual bad guys.

The very best part was when I found my wife rooting for the SEAL's to kick ass during the hostage rescue. Normally she looks upon such things with a "why are you even watching that" stare.

One more thing, they focus and rightly so on "why" there's people willing to put their butts on the line for the brothers to their right and left. That they show very well.

FIVE OF FIVE STARS...IMHO

SSG US.ARMY

fuckin insane movie, purchased dvd first day it came out, watched it about 30 times already, best part is the first seen in the swamp, halo jump in, kill everyone who has a gun, continue to kill everything on the way out. yes!

Whats the difference between Chief and Boss? Which one of these guys is ranked higher?

Great movie. Definetely 5 stars. Cannot say they ending didn't kickstart the allergies.

My sincere thanks to all those that serve in harms way, especially those at the top of the food chain.

Great movie! I would like to take that boat to the local reservoir and cruise by the Conservation Officers boat.

Yea, I can finally click on this thread because I just watched it last night. All I can say is it was awesome. Not gonna lie though, I might have shed a tear or two at the end. Gotta say, it was pretty bad ass when they were running away in the truck and then drove it in the river and those boats came and fucked everything up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rdsii64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The acting was way better than I expected.</div></div>

I thought the dialogue was pretty painful. Also, the guy who played the Ukrainian couldn't seem to keep his accent pinned down.

The filmmakers are documentarians and I've been a fan of Mouse McCoy for his work in Baja - raced that sucker solo on a dirt bike. 1000 miles.

Their documentary style/training and background helped make the move what it was. Drive for authenticity.

Pretty high speed, but a good watch. Watched it in the theatre and picked up the blue ray today for the collection.

My wife and I really liked this movie. I was told the acting was terrible but I didn't think it was that bad. I'd definitely recommend it. Loved the poem at the end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jonthomps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My wife and I really liked this movie. I was told the acting was terrible but I didn't think it was that bad. I'd definitely recommend it. Loved the poem at the end. </div></div>

Here is the poem by Chief Tecumseh quoted at the movie's end:

"Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about his religion.
Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.
Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.
Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend,
or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.
Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light,
for your life, for your strength.
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.
Abuse no one and no thing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools
and robs the spirit of its vision.
When your time comes to die,
be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death,
so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time
to live their lives over again in a different way.
Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Phil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just come back from the theater , the movie is awesome but I was just a little bit disappointed looking at :

The EOtech RDSs were switched off with no reticle
The use of visible lasers , they did not make any sense with NVDs
The use of DPMS DMR which is not in the SEaLs inventory in my knowledge
No modern assets in use ( thermals , suppressors , ANVIS , SCARs , Ops-Core helmets , PEQ15s .... )
Not always correct TTPs in use
The operators wear wedding rings , this is completely misplaced

However the movie still remain great !
PP out
</div></div>
Do yourself a favor and read the book.
All the equipment and TTPs are accurate in it.
Very fun and quick read...</div></div>

I haven't seen it, I'm waiting on it in the mail. I did see a news report on it before it came out though, and they had interviews. They said there were actually tens, maybe hundreds of hours of footage, and it was the way they edited it that makes it look like a film.

The training and guys in it are real. The Navy tried to scrub some stuff, they did say that some of the weapons and gear used was changed out or not used or edited from the final film. The Navy still complained when it came out that it gives up too many secrets.

I heard elsewhere that they like to use green lasers in movies for effect because, obviously, IR wouldn't be visible unless you shot the scene in NV. Which did have a good effect in the opening scene of some Christian Bale movie about a screwed up DEA agent.

So it isn't them farting around, it is your government cultivating mushrooms (feeding us shit and keeping us in the dark).

I thought it was a good movie but as many have already stated, I too feel it was a bit rushed.

I was wondering, for those of you that have been around mini guns, was the "buzz" similar to that of a bee past the ear the correct sound or was this more hollywood?

mini gun sound was right...7.62 sounds like a buzz/mechanical and the bigger guns (20mm etc) sounds like ripping heavy canvas, RIIIIIIIP!

I work at a movie theatre and my managers thought this movie was going to be a flop. It turned out to be a crazy busy midnight showing, and was put in our main auditoriums for 2 weeks. Awesome movie

"You know you are getting old when other men no longer fear you"
Act of Valor

Alright, I'm about 2/3 through this movie.

1. The acting sucks ass. Not bad for normal guys I guess.
2. The action almost makes up for it.

It's like blackhawk down except for production value, acting and decent editing.

In this case I'm getting what I paid for.

Would have preferred more surfing scenes with a cheesy 80's soundtrack, totally out of place in the story.

Question about that parabolic microphone thing that Ray had during the Plane meeting in Africa?

Looked like it had a Leupold logo on the side of it... But I haven't found anything on leupolds website about them.

So finally Netflixed it, no behind the scenes on the disc.

It couldn't decide if it was a documentary, character story, plot story, action movie, message movie etc.

Oddly the military lingo was delivered as stiltingly as it is when done by regular actors, I thought it would sound more natural by these guys and was disappointed. I really hate when regular actors talk that way, and the real guys aren't any better.

The boat scene could've been played up more than it was

The guy who ended up on the grenade felt like just going through the motions in order to justify making the movie, ie there wasn't a point other than to watch a guy die, which we've seen a million times since war movies have been made. No real new insight or emotion here.

And frankly it is really out of place with the zeitgeist. We send our men to die knowing full well neither the public or the government really supports them anymore. The moral issue of our time is why are we sending men to die for no particular reason, getting into missions the public barely is aware of and the government has no commitment to. Not something to celebrate exactly, something to rectify.

Again, message movie? Action movie? Docu/realistic movie? Can't really tell.

The comparison in my mind would be Arnold's Predator, which without being any higher budget was significantly more entertaining and memorable. Also an ensemble/military unit centered movie, but that movie identified itself and delivered on the entertainment value.

I wonder if there would be or could be a sequel, a movie like this that could become a franchise or precedent for a new kind of movie would have been great but somehow I don't think it's going to happen.

This movie was just 'ok' to me. Acting is predictably and expectedly bad. Action was pretty good.

One thing about the action. Hollywood is obsessed with a narrow scope of view in action movies. The closeup shots. In fist fighting movies they make sure to get the closeup shot of fist meeting jaw. In this movie they seemed determined to make the most chaotic action sequences ever. The only thing you could tell was when guys were getting shot in the head. Didnt much like the first person view either.

If you want to impress upon the public how skillful these guys are, why not some action sequences where you could actually see the strategy and the design of tactics in practice? But no....as usual hollywood thinks the public wants to see gritting teeth and slow motion screams of rage with a long drawn out "nooooooooooooo!".

The producers got little in the way of 'getting to know' these guys. From all i can tell these guys are very stiff and boring. They seriously should have made these guys anonymous.

Wanna make a movie with real SEALs? The only acting should be done by actors in the role of the bad guys, innocents, and planners. The SEALs should be limited to the role of death incarnate. After the actors set the stage,the SEALs show up to execute, anonymous to everyone, and kill in an efficient manner, which, from what i can tell, is what Katheryn Bigelow's Zero Dark 30 will be like.

it was a good movie and had the real deal guys in it. i wonder if they got good pay on that movie

First movie that I ever saw in a movie theater where the entire audience gave it a standing ovation at the end of the movie!