• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Action options for 0.588 Magnums

GunmanBlue

Private
Minuteman
Dec 24, 2020
Victoria Australia
Hi Team,

Looking for opinions on action choices.

I will be building a 300 Norma Mag Improved for long range field matches.

The rifles job will be soley hitting steel at ranges greater than 800 meters from supported positions. The overwhelming majority of shots taken from Prone with Bipod and Bag support. (More Tacticool than Fudd Class)

Must Haves:
- Bolt Action Repeater.
- Use 3.850 CIP Mags.

Chassis and Stock options will depend on the action choice.

Budget isnt a concern at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any input and time spent.

Cheers.

BAT

HR is a great option in a 700 la pattern, igniter if you want a 700 la pattern that’s more affordable that sacrifices some options and integral rail

Last edited:
Reactions: GunmanBlue
BAT

HR is a great option in a 700 la pattern, igniter if you want a 700 la pattern that’s more affordable that sacrifices some options and integral rail
Thanks.

I could be wrong but I dont believe the Igniter is offered in the 0.588 face.

The HR seems a great action. Its on the list and im awaiting a quote to import one. Cheers.

Regarding the Kauger? actions. I must admit I have never heard or seen of them.

Thanks.

I could be wrong but I dont believe the Igniter is offered in the 0.588 face.

The HR seems a great action. Its on the list and im awaiting a quote to import one. Cheers.

Regarding the Kauger? actions. I must admit I have never heard or seen of them.
Lapua bolt face is fairly new option for igniter. Bat will make you one, unknown has 1 in stock

Reactions: GunmanBlue
Lapua bolt face is fairly new option for igniter. Bat will make you one, unknown has 1 in stock
Great news! Thanks for that.

Reactions: DangerRanger