• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Adapter....338 to 308

Morrisongd

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2010
Hi... I have a quick question some of you might be able to help me with. I've got a Accuracy International .338 Lapua with an AWC Thunder Trap (338). The threads are M18 X 1.5mm. I also have an LWRC 308 threaded with 5/8 24tpi for the muzzle brake. The obvious question...is there a way I can get my Thunder Trap on the .308? I hear a lot of people are using their .338 cans on 308's as well. It appears I would need a thread adapter to go from my 5/8 24tpi to a 18 x 1.5. Does such an item exist? Is there another way? Am I seeking the impossible? Thanks for your time and response if you have the time. Regards, Gavin Morrison, Dale City VA [email protected]

Re: Adapter....338 to 308

Yes, there is a guy here that will make custom stainless steel adapters (? where, but search)

Re: Adapter....338 to 308

Problem solved....Thanks to Dennis at DBMG. He is able to make the M18 X 1.5 to 5/8 x 24 thread adapter. Now have a suppressor for three guns instead of one...woohooo. Love the Hide..thanks for your help....G