• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Adventures in LA

Heh. Small world. I got an old Marine Corps buddy from there (I used to live in Pensacola, so we'd talk a lot back then, about spring break at Ft. Walton Beach).

Oh....the choice of my location was no accident.
I plan to spend a LOT of time on the Okaloosa Island, Navarre, and Pensacola Beach piers. Not to look at bikinis either.

Oh....the choice of my location was no accident.
I plan to spend a LOT of time on the Okaloosa Island, Navarre, and Pensacola Beach piers. Not to look at bikinis either.

Lots of good fishing in that area (crabbing as well). Can't get blue crabs for shit out here on the left coast. :(

Chattanooga isn't bad. My beef is with Knoxville, but that's way better than dealing with ATL. As for Spring Break.....it ain't what it used to be!

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Well....its been a while.
Retirement looms.
13 nights of work left.
Came down to cut the grass.
I think I'll change my name to Kernel Joe Chikn.
Had a dream on the way down to Bama.
Who wants to play the part of Uncle Frank?

3420_resize_52.jpg

20200703_121232_resize_36.jpg

Before and after. I like my Swisher. It's a beast.

Attachments

• 20200703_121232.jpg
    20200703_121232.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
Met another neighbor yesterday.
"You ain't from round here are ya."

Well no, but I sure as hell ain't putting on with my southern dialect.

I think he was putting me on. I'm sure my real estate agent already told him who I was and where I was from.

Probably messing with you. We tolerate NC folks pretty readily. Heck, they make us look gooood! 😁

Out here the places that grow cotton are called farms. The cotton is called a plant.

Reactions: Snipe260
They all look alike..... 🤗
NC, SC, TX, GA, and AL.

The two Black and white pics are old TX.
Rest are rednek AL.
A little bit north of Chikinz new plantation.
Figured so but the only two states I really ever saw cotton fields was Arkansas and NC. Got cotton growing beside me this year

Reactions: j-huskey
@j-huskey What do you think about dicamba getting banned?

As burned out as I am, just another day to survive, just another hurdle to get over, another tool stolen, more regulation, more . g o v shit, in a long line of shit. Nothing we cant handle. Always find a way to deal with it. Move on.
Better than W.T. coming through visiting with his vermin and Ben "Beast" afterward. We have it pretty good, all things considered. jmho

Liberty replaced dicamba, without the drift issues. Cant tell it doesn't work just as good.

Last edited:
Yes there are.......but it depends on what is predicted to make money. We have loads of cotton every few years.

Had a 6 month contract in Andalusia in the early '70s, right out of college (War Damn!). Lived in a wide spot in the road called River Falls. Some of the best folks I ever met, but didn't do to mess with. Sure fire way to tell that you have for sure found a local is when he says 'come on an' get on my car' - not in, on. As in when cars resembled a buggy. When we were there everybody that was anybody had a pulpwood truck with 3 big ass bow saws on a rack on top of the cab. If you have already checked County Fair, Goat Ropin', Legion Stew and Klan Rally off your bucket list, that Rattlesnake Rodeo is a must. Welcome to God's Country.

Ain't even moved to Bama yet, and Tarheels is shouting me down, defending their cotton fields against deep south besmirchification.
I got no emotional ties to NC, just the last stop on the train at mil retirement so we stayed for the kids sake in school. Drove by a field about a mile from the house today and thought of this thread. It has tobacco this year but was cotton last year. They get pretty big over in this area
04AB3FC0-4BE8-4549-A530-F13514812F60.jpeg