• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advise on a new rifle purchase

VaFarmer1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 6, 2011
Southwest Virginia
Hoping to get a little advise good/ bad and ugly on these 4 rifles.
Definitely not wanting to start a big debate on here but I know you all are brutally honest so hoping you can help me make my decision. It will be a 6.5CM and used on the farm, 200-400 yds for the most part.

Bergara HMR pro / $1800 ( leaning towards this one)
Seekins havak pro hunter / $2200
Nosler 48 long range / $2495
Christensen ridgeline / $1995

Don't want to wait or get into another custom build / I have my Gradous build already & love it.
Just Really been wanting a 6.5 and ready to take the plunge.
Thanks , appreciate any help.

If you're looking for a factory gun for 200-400 yards, I don't know what the Seekins/Nosler/Christensen offers you that is worth any $ over the Bergara.

For that matter, I don't think there is anything the Bergara offers you that an $800 Tikka CTR doesn't. But if you're only asking about the 4 on your list, they are all more than adequate and I'd pick the cheapest.

What is the major factor for you...price, performance, use, name recognition???? With the quality of the guns available in todays market, what can be purchased for $1000 is remarkable. There may not be the "glitz" factor.
I have been looking at the different offerings of Tikka. I think that for the money it will be hard to beat the total package offered by Tikka.
If you want to hunt your choice would be different fhan if you want to be a BR shooter...I think the Tikka t3 tac a1 $1800 has to be a consideration.

I'd go HMR Pro. I'm waiting to see if They release a 300 WM HMR Pro, if not I'll get a seekins havak. The HMR was very smooth when I shot one. Very accurate too.

I would go hmr for $950 and spend the rest on glass and other items, if your stuck on the pro you can get it for around $1500. My runner up would be the seekins rifle, that action is pretty nice after its been worn in a little.

Agree with the comments above, I would look hard at a Tikka. Even a Savage will do all you need and more for much less than the rifles listed. If I had to pick from your list, I'd do Begara.

Thanks for the input everyone
Already have Ziess conquest to go on it.
Just sold a beretta 686 ,that's the reason I'm able to buy this.
Want to put it back into a gun before I piss it away on bills

I second the PX. You can get some amazing rifles a lot cheaper than new with not much use or abuse. I’d likely never be able to afford at new costs some of the rifles I’ve gotten off the PX through killer sales or trades.

count your blessings you're not a lefty!! nice choices to have above! at least tikka has some decent lefty options.

If you didn't mind the wait time I'd check out the john Hancock. Is this primarily a target or target/hunting rifle? I really would like to get a Christianson arms rifle. Im looking at the mesa. Comes in 6.5 creed.