• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

It does have prefix. It takes Zermatt prefit barrels. Also the materials are on the Aero precision website

Materials:​

• Receiver body- 416 stainless steel
  • Bolt- 17-4 stainless steel
  • Firing pin- S7 tool steel
I mean his list of requirements. 99% of the people who bitch about materials used in firearms know fuck all about them.

Same for the prefits. A lot of us DGAF if it uses nut or shouldered prefits but a few here act like it's the end of the world if it needs a nut.

I mean his list of requirements. 99% of the people who bitch about materials used in firearms know fuck all about them.

Same for the prefits. A lot of us DGAF if it uses nut or shouldered prefits but a few here act like it's the end of the world if it needs a nut.
ohhhhh I 100% agree with you. The origin is one of the best budget friendly actions on the market. I couldn't care less if it's 4340 CM or 416R SS. Material and i agree, idk what the big deal about barrel nuts is. They are convenient, and guys like northland shooters supply make quality barrels on the cheap and make zermatt prefits affordable as well. I think this is a quality action, with it's ups and downs, and brings much needed competition to this price bracket

Reactions: 308pirate
964D3290-4724-4A1D-AB3E-DD301892E919.jpeg

It’s here! Playing with it a little, trying to make a couple videos(in by no means great at that) will post them here hopefully today or tomorrow.
First thought. It does headspace on my two origin barrels, it’s not as smooth as my origin just in the hand (I think it’s hrs to know without shooting it as a complete rifle). Proprietary action wrench isn’t yet available so I can’t torque it on yet. I’ll keep everyone posted the next few days

lol release an action without the wrench available??

quick flip of the wrist and call it good
That’s what I’ve heard, not sure how I feel about that yet. Haven’t decided what I’m doing yet.

thanks for the unboxing and showing some hands on. I really don't get how Aero just keeps fumbling this along, they have really good intentions and are targeting a good spot in the market but they keep missing the little things. The propritatry action wench not being available when the action is shipping is just stupid and kinda says they aren't thinking about the builder or just rushing; couple that with a dead QR for the instructions and its face palm level.

Here’s a video I put together, I’m by no means great at it m, but hopefully it gives some insight. Origin comparison coming tomorrow hopefully.

View attachment 8057062

Somebody should let Triggertech know that "warranty void" anti-tamper stickers are not valid in the US due to the Magnussen-Moss Act.... which has been around since 1975. I'm pretty sure they carry no force in Canada either, so they really have no excuse.

How smooth is your bolt cycling?
Im playing with it now, more later. Bolt lift is very nice. There’s ~.065 of cock on close with a jewell trigger, which may bother some.

Edit: There’s a lot of contouring to the underside of the bolt, which is gonna cause some gripes. The bolt rides off of and on to these contours. If you're looking for hang-ups in the cycle, you’ll find them. Run normally, it feels fine.

My origin barrel indexes and headspaces perfectly.

The legacy AICS chassis needed to be altered to clear the trigger hanger.

I dont know if it was in the literature but it has dual cocking cams.

28A35A43-DA89-47AC-BE84-5101C7254B5B.jpeg

7BE5B3A7-C42D-46A4-A309-F0672F5812D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Im playing with it now, more later. Bolt lift is very nice. There’s ~.065 of cock on close with a jewell trigger, which may bother some.

Edit: There’s a lot of contouring to the underside of the bolt, which is gonna cause some gripes. The bolt rides off of and on to these contours. If you're looking for hang-ups in the cycle, you’ll find them. Run normally, it feels fine.

View attachment 8058190
View attachment 8058181
I have not been impressed by the bolt lift, and smoothness of the bolt. Mine headspace’s off my origin barrels as well, just hand tight since they don’t have an action wrench available yet and I don’t have an over action wrench. I like the bolt throw so far, but I am so hung up on how not smooth it is I’m having a hard time looking past that.

View attachment 8058190
View attachment 8058181
I put it together and did maybe 200-300 dry fires, different lubes on the bolt and it is starting to smooth up a bit. I still feel it’s a bit clunky when I run it side by side with my origin. It’s not horrible, but side by side I can definitely tell a difference. It’s making me focus on it maybe more than I should lol

Attachments

• DCED8869-C1EE-4B61-B8BE-4A6DEE80C409.jpeg
    DCED8869-C1EE-4B61-B8BE-4A6DEE80C409.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 14A726B1-3E70-42EE-B4E3-29AEA12DA42B.jpeg
    14A726B1-3E70-42EE-B4E3-29AEA12DA42B.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: camocorvette
I put it together and did maybe 200-300 dry fires, different lubes on the bolt and it is starting to smooth up a bit. I still feel it’s a bit clunky when I run it side by side with my origin. It’s not horrible, but side by side I can definitely tell a difference. It’s making me focus on it maybe more than I should lol
Sitting on a bipod and rear bag, and im not hanging on to the gun at all.

Thanks for that video!! I like it!
It definitely doesn’t hang up running mine. Like I said, side by said the origin is noticeably smoother. I might be looking at it too closely and scrutinizing it too much. I need to get the barrel torqued on and live fire some.

Thanks for that video!! I like it!
It definitely doesn’t hang up running mine. Like I said, side by said the origin is noticeably smoother. I might be looking at it too closely and scrutinizing it too much. I need to get the barrel torqued on and live fire some.
All good, wasn't trying to refute what you wrote. Just thought id show it to those who hadn't put hands on one.

Reactions: Godmadefords
Took it out to shoot it this morning. It feeds out of magpul mags better than the steel AICS or AW mags, which feed very poorly. Im going to play with them more.

When locking the bolt. Overcoming the two ejectors, the cock on close, while snapping the extractor of the case rim rakes some effort. Ejection is strong.

I only had a handful of rounds to zero and shoot since i dont shoot this barrel often. This barrel is a 7.5 twist 5r Bartlein that shoots well. The Solus hasn't hurt that at all. I know, very small sample, but this is more or less how it shot on the Origin.

Bipod with no rear support.
E5FC526B-A2A0-4104-89F1-1D768957BFC9.jpeg
6763769B-B7BE-41E8-AFEF-887EA1F05010.jpeg

Last edited:
Took it out to shoot it this morning. It feeds out of magpul mags better than the steel AICS or AW mags, which feed very poorly. Im going to play with them more.
When locking the bolt. Overcoming the two ejectors while snapping the extractor of the case rim rakes some effort. Ejection is strong.

I only had a handful of rounds to zero and shoot since i dont shoot this barrel
often. This barrel is a 7.5 twist 5r Bartlein that shoots well. The Solus hasn't hurt that at all. I know, very small sample, but this is more or less how it shot on the Origin.

Bipod with no rear support.
View attachment 8058539View attachment 8058540
That’s awesome! Thanks for the update. So how did you get it torqued on the action? The quick snap method? Or do you have a universal over action wrench?

That’s awesome! Thanks for the update. So how did you get it torqued on the action? The quick snap method? Or do you have a universal over action wrench?
I have an external wrench. I threaded/chambered this barrel for my Origin, and it was threaded to fit that action, not to the Zermatt print. The Solus screwed on with quite literally zero thread clearance. It probably would have shot fine with zero torque, but I gave it 50 ft/lbs just to be certain.

For this who haven't seen these up close, the two flats on the side of the action aren't parallel, so you cant put a wrench across them to torque the action on.

It’s interesting some things that are being said for sure!
iTs BeCaUsE oF tHe FlUtEs

brb getting an ARC or even a tikka

meanwhile Ted has commented about even removing the flutes from the CDG because they could potentially maybe remove some smoothness compared to a non-fluted bolt

meanwhile Ted has commented about even removing the flutes from the CDG because they could potentially maybe remove some smoothness compared to a non-fluted bolt
And quite honestly, the bolt itself is very smooth. As close as I can tell there are 2-3 reasons it’s not smooth. Biggest reason I think is it does not engage any type of raceway until the last 10% maybe of movement. The bolt literally spins freely until that point unless reason 2) the bolt catch rides in its own slot and it is NOT really smooth. The edges are sharp and you can see minor machine marks in the slot that I think are interfering with the bolt stop. And lastly, the rear of the action where the bolt enters is a sharper angle and I think it causes too much friction as opposed to a radius or even a chamfer. I am no machinist I don’t know for sure, but I know for a fact it’s not because of the flutes lol.
I did grab my tikka to see if it was similar, and it was much closer to the Origin in smoothness. It’s literally my only complaint about the action, but it’s kind of a big deal to me. I’m wondering if Aero would benefit from a message, or if they don’t see it as a problem… they seemed to listen about the whole origin prefit on here, so maybe they can make some changes because if the bolt were smooth this action would be phenomenal IMO

Joel at Terminus made similar comments about flutes on his bolts on a podcast. Long story short, he feels most modern bolt actions can work through grit without flutes due to tolerances, and increasing the depth and width of flutes can decrease the
"Smoothness" of an action.

Reactions: Tremor3Guy
Well decided to give this a try, was about to buy a krg bravo, action , barrel trigger etc and start a new build.
Read this thread and watched the recent videos posted and decided to just purchase the complete rifle that comes with the KRG bravo.
For the price, it would be hard for me to beat seeing as id have to source and buy all the different components. So gonna take a chance on it.
They did accept a 10% off site wide coupon code (actually they emailed me one when I let the rifle sit in my cart for a while). Was about 1540 OTD with tax included.

Well decided to give this a try, was about to buy a krg bravo, action , barrel trigger etc and start a new build.
Read this thread and watched the recent videos posted and decided to just purchase the complete rifle that comes with the KRG bravo.
For the price, it would be hard for me to beat seeing as id have to source and buy all the different components. So gonna take a chance on it.
They did accept a 10% off site wide coupon code (actually they emailed me one when I let the rifle sit in my cart for a while). Was about 1540 OTD with tax included.
I am very intrigued on how this works out. Hard to beat the price for what you get on paper, but have no idea about the barrel.

Reactions: Gatekeeper
I am very intrigued on how this works out. Hard to beat the price for what you get on paper, but have no idea about the barrel.
I guess I'll be the guinea pig, lol.
I plan on buying a quality barrel in 22 caliber for varmint hunting and target shooting anyway. Thinking 22 Creed. Planned to use that 90 percent of the time.

As long as the factory 6.5 barrel meets the moa guarantee I'm fine with that for the 2 weeks out of the year I may deer hunt with it. If it shoots amazing then I'll probably use it more often obviously.

They listed 2 to 3 weeks expected delivery time. I'll try to report back how it shoots either way

I guess I'll be the guinea pig, lol.
I plan on buying a quality barrel in 22 caliber for varmint hunting and target shooting anyway. Thinking 22 Creed. Planned to use that 90 percent of the time.

As long as the factory 6.5 barrel meets the moa guarantee I'm fine with that for the 2 weeks out of the year I may deer hunt with it. If it shoots amazing then I'll probably use it more often obviously.

They listed 2 to 3 weeks expected delivery time. I'll try to report back how it shoots either way
They quoted me that delivery time as well but it actually shipped the next day. I’m super interested to see how it performs for you as a complete setup. My first video has got so much traction I’ve thought about trying to get a barrel and chassis for some additional videos. Who knows.

They quoted me that delivery time as well but it actually shipped the next day. I’m super interested to see how it performs for you as a complete setup. My first video has got so much traction I’ve thought about trying to get a barrel and chassis for some additional videos. Who knows.
do it!

Well i blame you, your second video of it side by side with the origin is what convinced me to jump. I don't compete or anything and it looked smooth "enough" for my needs.

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm waiting on Seekins to get my Hit barrel (and everybody else's) shipping, I would be all over this! One big plus for Aero is they don't leave things on the backorder burner for very long. Look at all the items they chuck out the door!

Reactions: FredHammer
That is a very fair point. I do hope they fix the bolt lift and i hope their QC has improved. After seeing the anarchy outdoors video, that looks extremely stiff. I love the concept, features, and for what it is, it has a great price point(now that you mention it, i think the next integrated rail/lug 60 degree throw is the deadline). I just want to see the practical functionality improve
The deadline isn’t fully integrated. Lug yes, rail no. I have a deadline 2 on route

Has anyone heard if this was going to be made in a lefthand model.
I believe in one of the shot videos they asked that and the answer was more of “we have more in the works, we will see how it does first.” Kind of answer.

They started making them again?
Yes ibi took over control there was some work to be done. The boys at ibi did a good job getting caught up, cleaned up, and fixed. I had hands on one of there gen 2 deadlines 6 weeks or so ago and it blew me away. So I’m expecting mine within the next 2 weeks

• Wow
Reactions: b6graham
Yes ibi took over control there was some work to be done. The boys at ibi did a good job getting caught up, cleaned up, and fixed. I had hands on one of there gen 2 deadlines 6 weeks or so ago and it blew me away. So I’m expecting mine within the next 2 weeks
Still $1599 though, right?

Still $1599 though, right?
That’s Canadian though, so I’m not sure what the USD price is. I’m Canadian so paid the 1599. In comparisons for the guys that don’t know, lone peak is 2500, terminus/impaxt 2200+, defiance is 2200, origin 1400 range.

Well I just took it to my gunsmith and my origin barrel doesn’t headspace. We measured an origin and this and it was 1.5 thou short which according to my smith is unacceptable as pre fits. Gonna reach out to aero today and see what they say

• Sad
Well I just took it to my gunsmith and my origin barrel doesn’t headspace. We measured an origin and this and it was 1.5 thou short which according to my smith is unacceptable as pre fits. Gonna reach out to aero today and see what they say
didn't it headspace when you tried originally? did torquing it make that much difference?

also confirmed the gauge is good?

how does it measure with your brass/tape?