• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

The way we are manufacturing these nuts there will not be any runout between the internal threads and torquing surface. So realistically you would get the same accuracy from proof savage prefit that you would from one of their shouldered pre-fits

if we don’t make something with heavy industry support y’all will flame that it’s proprietary and you can’t buy XYZ products. 700 foot prints are heavily supported with after market options so are 20tpi prefit barrels. Innovative…no, intentional….yes

We aren’t trying to blow your socks off but the feature sets are intentional and once we actually release the price I think a lot of you who aren’t impressed will realize what we are doing here. Which is lowering the barrier of entry into a sport we love while retaining premium features of actions that cost several hundred dollars more.
The way we are manufacturing these nuts there will not be any runout between the internal threads and torquing surface. So realistically you would get the same accuracy from proof savage prefit that you would from one of their shouldered pre-fits

if we don’t make something with heavy industry support y’all will flame that it’s proprietary and you can’t buy XYZ products. 700 foot prints are heavily supported with after market options so are 20tpi prefit barrels. Innovative…no, intentional….yes

We aren’t trying to blow your socks off but the feature sets are intentional and once we actually release the price I think a lot of you who aren’t impressed will realize what we are doing here. Which is lowering the barrier of entry into a sport we love while retaining premium features of actions that cost several hundred dollars more.
I know nothing about the mfg process, but it would seem like making it match the origin would be killing two birds with one stone, since savage barrel nut prefits will also work with origin actions. Win win??

Reactions: Digetydog
Pro Tip: You should be go/no-go gauging ALL barrel/action combo's after a switch regardless of action or barrel manufacturer "guarantee." Never ever assume headspace is within spec until its shown to be.
But once you headspace a shouldered barrel, you don’t have to check it every time you put it on or take it off.

d8b456cdda74e0f2448359edd7d88fa92f266c57.gif

Pro tip:

Any time a company announcement at SHOT occurs, it's gonna be * *at least* * the following year until it's released to the masses.

Not True. RUGER.

They (AERO) stated 4th quarter. Maybe sooner, but check website. If the price point is 1k, then at 1300 its better just to buy the terminus.

1k aero action in 6 months of them coming out will be a 600 dollar action on the used market.

Not True. RUGER.

They (AERO) stated 4th quarter. Maybe sooner, but check website. If the price point is 1k, then at 1300 its better just to buy the terminus.

1k aero action in 6 months of them coming out will be a 600 dollar action on the used market.

Zactly, when Ruger announces a new product, it's already lurking on a shelf right behind you like a horror movie monster.

I don't know that I'd buy one of these, there are lots of good options out there and I might, in fact, just get another Origin as previously suggested.

Some folks act like we're paying by the electron for posts here, but I don't really see the harm in checking in every now and then to see if there's any news.

Not True. RUGER.

Considering the piss-poor QC of most ruger products, this isnt surprising. I love getting untested stuff in my hands, only to send it back to the company for repair a week after buying it.

I'm curious about when this will hit as well. it's all speculation

I'm just glad that they are using the few spare months since the announcement to design an option for a 3-position safety that locks the bolt for us hunters-in-need. That's pretty cool of Aero and will increase our number of available custom actions with that feature by 100%........

Anyone hear any news on this? Got a few builds on my mind, but on a tight budget.

If I'm buying Aero it better be billet, enhanced, camo painted and bedazzled. So it matches my AR's of course. Throw that budget out the window. $800 action with $1200 add on worth of cosmetic upgrades!

If I'm buying Aero it better be billet, enhanced, camo painted and bedazzled. So it matches my AR's of course. Throw that budget out the window. $800 action with $1200 add on worth of cosmetic upgrades!
It is a little sad, but I would love some camo painted barreled actions, lol. the bedazzling might be a little much; unless I build a 6GT!

Looks like a little more news out:

- 3 lug
- Interchangeable bolt heads
- Rem format for stocks and triggers
- Takes Zermatt shouldered prefits!
- Out by the end of the year.

Taking zermatt prefits is a great idea. I wonder if they took our advice for that earlier in the thread. Excited to see what this action turns out to be

I'm lefty, but would totally get a setup for a loner rifle for a friend. I really like all the features. With today's manufacturing tech, there's no excuse for action makers to NOT have a 1913 Picatinny rail integrated into the action. Just integrate a 20MOA rail and be done with it.

I hope this hits the market as a Tikka killer… much better than a factory 700 but still plenty cheaper than the $1K+ high end actions. You can’t get your hands on a cheap Tikka donor action like you used to.

With any luck the Aero reputation for good equipment at good prices and good availability and service continues with this new line up. Looking forward to it, thanks to Aero for spending the capital to innovate and for braving the negativity of the divas here on SH to provide direct manufacturer feedback.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Hoping for 223, and 308 bolt heads, shouldered prefits available and on the shelf from aero at a good price with 1moa guarantee and the ability to run proof prefits for bighorns.

I think this action will sell very well and I’m looking forward to picking one up to test and compare.

If you look at Aero's other MSRP pricing and what stuff goes for on black friday (or just regular street price), an MSRP of $1k means street price is very very competitive. If the discounts run as deep as their regular stuff and it takes origin prefits....definitely grabbing one down the road. Interchangeable bolt heads will be solid as well if the street price is right.

I think it needs a street price around 650 to 700. At least to start. Otherwise, you might as well get an Origin which is already proven. I am hoping they will sell a barreled action for 1200 or less. Ideally, would love to see paint options for a small upcharge as well.
If they are amazing and take market share, then they can raise prices. If they are the same price as all other options, only availability will drive sales.

Reactions: reubenski
This thing is gonna become the "Origin Option" for all those 60 degree weirdos out there.
I have an origin but I've been debating doing a more competition oriented build and wanted to try a 60°. This should be perfect, if I don't like the action everything can come off and go on another origin.
Just in general I really like that they are going at this from more of the home builder perspective.

I wouldn't at all because I already have an action that fills my needs. I also wouldn't pay $900 for an Origin for the same reason.

All I was getting at is people pay for different actions because the different features fit their needs. It isn't just because price. That why actions that aren't engraved Origin, Mac Bros, or Tikka still sell.

This ☝️, plus: a person can buy a Tikka T3 donor rifle right now for $650. And it already comes with a trigger.

Where? I've been thinking about another Tikka, but seems like ~$870 MAP for SS is the going rate most places now.

I'd be pretty surprised if this Aero Solus action comes in at much below the $1k mark.

Last edited:
One thing I do not like about donor actions, is removing a factory barrel. Lots of horror stories out there. To that end, I hope Aero comes out with the action wrench for this action right away too. I would think they would have to if they plan on having this be a DIY build product.

"...all sorts of people pay for all sorts of things at all sorts of prices...I mean I wouldn't...but people do..."

If that's your response then why say anything at all?
I'll spell it out more clear.

The comment I responded to was "if it cost close to an Origin, it won't sell. Just buy an Origin"
My actions cost more than an Origin just like most custom actions available on the market do. I was pointing out that you don't need to drastically undercut an Origin to sell. Price AND features are what sell actions. If not, no one would buy Terminus, Impact, Defiance, Kelblys, ARC, Lone Peak, Falkor, or any other action that cost over $900 (or $650 if you are talking Tikka).

It is super easy. The key is to use shock. I'm willing to bet everyone that encountered a stubborn barrel was trying to lean into it instead of smacking the wrench handle with a 5lb hammer

Have you looked? 2 min search in Google. "Tikka T3 for sale"

View attachment 7976791
View attachment 7976792View attachment 7976793View attachment 7976794View attachment 7976796View attachment 7976797View attachment 7976798View attachment 7976799View attachment 7976800View attachment 7976802

A bit melodramatic, gotta read though, I said SS, those all look like the plebe blued action. I've had a couple, and for me they aren't a legitimate competitor to decent nitrided or SS actions. Now the SS Tikkas offer more bang for the buck with more comparable corrosion resistance to custom SS actions, if a bit less than without having to pay $150 extra for cerakoat or some such.

The argument that this nitride custom action won't be attractive to anyone unless it matches the price of the bargain version of the Tikka doesn't hold water with me. I wouldn't cross shop this action, or something like my Origin with a blued Tikka, but I would cross shop the SS Tikkas, thought you might have a decent source to share on those, but it doesn't look like it, carry on.

Honestly the only reason I'll probably wind up building my next hunting rifle from a Tikka is that I like the safety to lock the bolt in my hunting rifles, and only Defiance seems to offer that option in a custom action, but not their hunting optimized ANTi of course.

Last edited:
1 year later and still no product. I sent them a message and their hoping to get it released by shot show 2023. I just ordered another Terminus action. Can not rely on them to actually get it out.

Reactions: Bluedog82
1 year later and still no product. I sent them a message and their hoping to get it released by shot show 2023. I just ordered another Terminus action. Can not rely on them to actually get it out.
I had totally forgot about the Aero Bolt Gun until I scrolled back through and saw this thread. I dont see it on the site now either.

Last edited:
Timely. I was just looking at their site within the past couple of days, wondering what happened

Ah, see it's funny because they poke at folks asking "bOlt gUN weN?" and then still don't actually give any indication of "wen".

They did just intro a couple cans that look pretty chunky and generic.... Too bad they didn't put that time towards pushing this action/rifle out.

That makes a lot of sense. They over leveraged with machinery. Just pure speculation, but maybe they couldn’t afford materials and that’s what caused the massive backlog.

What will that do for anyone? It kinda comes down to produce or don't.
Well the suppressor just dropped like they said it would, so I wouldn’t be surprised to hear more about the release at shot show and why it’s been delayed. But I’m an optimist!

Having seen a company known for bolt actions stray out of its area of expertise and not do well, i.e. Savage's AR-15 platform the MSR -- since discontinued AFAIK, it will be interesting to watch Aero try to go the other way.

-Stan