• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Bolt Gun Teaser (Now newly announced SABR thread)

Having seen a company known for bolt actions stray out of its area of expertise and not do well, i.e. Savage's AR-15 platform the MSR -- since discontinued AFAIK, it will be interesting to watch Aero try to go the other way.

-Stan
To be fair, savage doesn’t really have a great reputation for their bolt guns to begin with, but yes I agree it will still be interesting to see Aero’s take on a bolt gun.

If the delay is so that shouldered prefit barrels can be offered the wait isn’t a bad thing
Snipped this from their FB Underground.
A0642F3E-863A-48C7-B7B3-3756CF6E68A6.png

To be fair, savage doesn’t really have a great reputation for their bolt guns to begin with, but yes I agree it will still be interesting to see Aero’s take on a bolt gun.

Understood.

These days I prefer to buy firearms from One Trick Pony companies whenever possible.

-Stan

Again. If it takes them a year and half to come out with a $1000 three lug action with heavy bolt lift.... lame. They would already be getting beat by actions that already exist and are currently selling.

Personally I'm not a fan of announcing a product before it is ready to ship. With that said, 18 months to release after a SHOT announcement isn't even close to the worst I've ever seen. Aero has a good reputation and this looks like it is going relatively smooth. The quality remains to be seen but I think Aero will stand behind the product.

This may have already been posted.

Spoke to a sales rep yesterday. It will likely drop at SHOT, and orders “should” commence. No special rollout, so everyone has access from the get go.

they posted a video of it being shot and cycled on their IG

bolt cycle looks heavy and clunky

at least they hit a good price point but i'd still take a tikka or origin/CDG

don't see it taking off outside of aero/AR fanboys but i guess we'll have to see

tikka needs a CTR/Bravo aics stock rifle in the US

I just played with one. It doesn’t feel awesome. Def not better than a custom. It’s nice but not better than what’s already out there.

Reactions: stanley_white
If it weren't for the new ARC action, this would probably be a bigger deal. Not many three lug actions available at this price point.

Overall, looks like a good feature set. But I'm guessing they'll have to be priced under the ARC CDG by $100 or more or else people will just go with that. Or come out with a lightweight version for hunting applications.

If it weren't for the new ARC action, this would probably be a bigger deal. Not many three lug actions available at this price point.

Overall, looks like a good feature set. But I'm guessing they'll have to be priced under the ARC CDG by $100 or more or else people will just go with that. Or come out with a lightweight version for hunting applications.
price matching an Origin and the new ARC CDG, along with the tenacity jumping up $500, is a bad move for aero

they really needed to be in Mack Evo pricing territory but even then...

Gotta look at their established customer base. I’m willing to go out on a limb and say most of them are probably looking to build their first “sniper rifle” and don’t know much about precision rifles. They have probably never even heard of ARC or Zermatt. Look at the Delta. Most people on the forum wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I know a lot of DD fan boys that bought it.

Faxon, Stag and Aero all had new bolt guns. The Aero is def the nicest of the three with the Faxon in last place, it was just gross. The Stag was the most intriguing to me honestly. Had what looked like a crossover style chassis and fluted barrel. Action wasn’t bad. I’ll go back by there and check it out again cause I didn’t get any details this morning.

price matching an Origin and the new ARC CDG, along with the tenacity jumping up $500, is a bad move for aero

they really needed to be in Mack Evo pricing territory but even then...
I agree. Mack Bros just upped the Evo 2 SA to 775. If this was closer to that, it'd be a bigger splash. I was hoping for 850 MSRP. I love the look but hearing it having a heavy bolt lift and poor cycling, makes me second guess this.

I agree. Mack Bros just upped the Evo 2 SA to 775. If this was closer to that, it'd be a bigger splash. I was hoping for 850 MSRP. I love the look but hearing it having a heavy bolt lift and poor cycling, makes me second guess this.
I played with an EVOII today as well. Way better than the Aero IMO. Lighter bolt lift and way smoother dry vs heavily lubed Aero. It’s very close to an Origin imo.

I played with an EVOII today as well. Way better than the Aero IMO. Lighter bolt lift and way smoother dry vs heavily lubed Aero. It’s very close to an Origin imo.
I love the evo 2, but last i heard it doesn't have prefits yet. That is something that draws me to the origin, solus, and CDG. As it stands, i want them in this order:

CDG
origin
solus

because of everything i've seen and heard so far

Reactions: RFutch
Before the CDG, the next cheapest integral lug and rail action is $1200. When the CDG goes to its normal price, it will be over $1k. Why would the Aero be priced anywhere near a Mack, which is a very basic remclone? I like the Evo 2 a lot, but no dang way the Solus could be priced like it.

I'm sure I've already said it, but look at Aeros stuff when they have MAP holidays. Dealers go rock bottom on pricing. Buying direct from aero is rarely the best way to get their products. If street prices vs MSRP matches their other stuff these will be a lot cheaper in a year or two. Same for their new suppressors.

Mostly I'm glad because it means more used origin prefits for me.

Before the CDG, the next cheapest integral lug and rail action is $1200. When the CDG goes to its normal price, it will be over $1k. Why would the Aero be priced anywhere near a Mack, which is a very basic remclone? I like the Evo 2 a lot, but no dang way the Solus could be priced like it.
That is a very fair point. I do hope they fix the bolt lift and i hope their QC has improved. After seeing the anarchy outdoors video, that looks extremely stiff. I love the concept, features, and for what it is, it has a great price point(now that you mention it, i think the next integrated rail/lug 60 degree throw is the deadline). I just want to see the practical functionality improve

That is a very fair point. I do hope they fix the bolt lift and i hope their QC has improved. After seeing the anarchy outdoors video, that looks extremely stiff. I love the concept, features, and for what it is, it has a great price point(now that you mention it, i think the next integrated rail/lug 60 degree throw is the deadline). I just want to see the practical functionality improve

Didnt deadline crash and burn? I too hope the solus has any bugs worked out. Nothing wrong with more players in the market.

Didnt deadline crash and burn? I too hope the solus has any bugs worked out. Nothing wrong with more players in the market.
it did, then international barrels bought them and they supposedly are coming back. i dont want it tp die like the defacto from ultimatum. that could have been so good

Reactions: Supersubes
Yeah, credit to Aero, other than the CDG, there isn't another integral rail/lug/60* action in that price range. And interchangeable bolt face.

It's not bad on paper. Just comes down to the execution. But these things will probably be very good value when they go on sales.

Reactions: PRSDietitian
Of course it’s on the customer side, but not the dealer side. That’s one thing I hate about Aero- there’s a long delay before they allow dealers to purchase things. When parts were hard to find, I’d have to call customers up and ask them to order receivers or BCGs for their own builds and bring them to me because Aero would sell out long before making it to the dealer site. Not only did I miss making any money on parts, it looks very unprofessional as well.

C5919E45-F8F6-4C59-AC8D-2BB7BAA04E54.jpeg

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
Also, wasnt this gonna be set up to headspace off existing Origin barrels?

IF some stuff is good, thats a huge win for them in the prefit game.

The most recent video of it cycling didn't inspire confidence in the bolt manipulation, but a video from three months ago looks way better. I was only really interested in this because of the origin compatibility, with the CDG being the same price at launch this is going to be a tough sell.
Honestly I don't get why @Aero Precision didn't bother to post the finalized specs anywhere but face book?

Of course it’s on the customer side, but not the dealer side. That’s one thing I hate about Aero- there’s a long delay before they allow dealers to purchase things. When parts were hard to find, I’d have to call customers up and ask them to order receivers or BCGs for their own builds and bring them to me because Aero would sell out long before making it to the dealer site. Not only did I miss making any money on parts, it looks very unprofessional as well.

View attachment 8050804
That is super weird. I emailed the sales rep, who’s at SHOT now, and no response.

On the interchangeable bolt face thing tho, you can't get credit for swappable bolt faces if you only have one other bolt face and/or changing bolt faces is a "in the shop" only roll pin/ punch affair.

Maybe I missed it, is it a switch barrel rifle? If not, I don't see how that matters all that much considering the other work involved.

If the main complaints now are that the bolt lift looks icky, and Aero is an AR-15 company then they must be doing a lot right with this action. They added pretty much all of the features folks have asked for since the beginning of this thread. I like a decently smooth bolt, but I think I'll hold my condemnation until the sample size of actions folks have touched is >1, the feature package looks solid for $899.

The ARC CDG is probably going to be at least $100 more after the intro price expires, and the prefit situation is mostly promises and intent at this point. Tenacity is out of the picture, the Origin is the main competitor, uses the same ubiqutous prefits and arguably has fewer features.

Reactions: 308pirate
If the main complaints now are that the bolt lift looks icky, and Aero is an AR-15 company then they must be doing a lot right with this action. They added pretty much all of the features folks have asked for since the beginning of this thread. I like a decently smooth bolt, but I think I'll hold my condemnation until the sample size of actions folks have touched is >1, the feature package looks solid for $899.

The ARC CDG is probably going to be at least $100 more after the intro price expires, and the prefit situation is mostly promises and intent at this point. Tenacity is out of the picture, the Origin is the main competitor, uses the same ubiqutous prefits and arguably has fewer features.
if they cant bring the slickest action to SHOT...they're dumb as fuck

Well I ordered one yesterday, I got the shipping notification and what looks like one of the very first, looking at serial number. I have an Origin with a couple of barrels so I’m hoping to get a response before it gets here on what action wrench is compatible so I can throw one of my barrels on and go see how it compares to the Origin. My plan is to do a small side by side comparison, I also am going to have a very reputable PRS smith give it the look over and spin up a Dasher barrel for it. It checks a lot of the boxes on paper, and I’m excited to see how that translates to how they executed the product! I’ll report back as soon as it arrives!

Yeah, free shipping and you might be able to apply the 10% coupon they are running.

Be the guinea pig
Yea and yes. With the discount, total was about 863 and change. Already got shipping info.

Well I ordered one yesterday, I got the shipping notification and what looks like one of the very first, looking at serial number. I have an Origin with a couple of barrels so I’m hoping to get a response before it gets here on what action wrench is compatible so I can throw one of my barrels on and go see how it compares to the Origin. My plan is to do a small side by side comparison, I also am going to have a very reputable PRS smith give it the look over and spin up a Dasher barrel for it. It checks a lot of the boxes on paper, and I’m excited to see how that translates to how they executed the product! I’ll report back as soon as it arrives!
Not all heroes wear capes

Not just lift but lift, close and travel all felt “icky”. They had 2 guns set up and both felt the same with copious amounts of oil oozing out of them. The CDG blew this thing away with zero oil on the bolt. They’re not even in the same ball park.

Reactions: b6graham
LOL such BS
It does have prefix. It takes Zermatt prefit barrels. Also the materials are on the Aero precision website

Materials:​

• Receiver body- 416 stainless steel
  • Bolt- 17-4 stainless steel
  • Firing pin- S7 tool steel