• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Aero Precision Solus Unboxing on the Live

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I unboxed the Aero Precision Solus on the Live Stream yesterday, so I pulled that out for people to see.

IMG_0554.JPG

Any idea if this will come in a long action?

I didn’t get a chance to see the whole video, just the first 8 minutes. When will the testing be on this one?

I’ll give you 10 minutes because of weather. I’m curious how this stacks up against the APO SH rifle more than anything.

Oh the Solus is nicer than the APO, that was built off a Remington 700

Plus right after APO upped and moved operations overseas that have nothing to do with what we are doing so they are barely there to do anything, it was sort of the rug pulled out on my me.

But a 3 Lug, 60 deg action is always gonna be better, plus with the Chassis the AW mags will actually work right

Reactions: Zigjib and Dirty D
    Just got a Solus in, so far impressed for the money. I'll barrel it up this week with a 308 Win and try and see how it runs.

@Lowlight or @EXSOCAL do either of you have any updates?

I had a change of plans and I'm chambering it in 6.5x47 Lapua for a buddy. I just ordered two more actions for personal builds. I honestly can't see anything wrong. I threw a Savage pre-fit in .375 Raptor on there and everything was great. Smooth, the extraction was positive, the ejection was more than adequate and the bolt lift is typical for your 60 degree throw actions. Is it a Terminus Zeus? Nope, it doesn't have that refinement and glass like smoothness. Is it adequate for a match or hunting rifle? Hell ya. More than adequate, especially when you factor in the cost. I still plan on chambering the next one I get in .308Win and beating the absolute shit out of it. I have 800 some odd rounds of old 308 I need to burn through, so the Solus will see every bit of that.

Nice action can’t really find any issues other than if you hold up on the bolt handle while cycling it seems do drag a little . The bolt may be dragging on the bolt stop but I really haven’t had time to really shoot it much .
    It looks so much cleaner without the barrel nut .

Attachments

• 0A57BF54-3259-4890-9A55-2C8CEDC343F1.jpeg
      0A57BF54-3259-4890-9A55-2C8CEDC343F1.jpeg
      502.8 KB · Views: 360
    • 37C520CC-788E-487D-BD4F-C5D98746157F.jpeg
      37C520CC-788E-487D-BD4F-C5D98746157F.jpeg
      407.1 KB · Views: 338
    Reactions: mikewayne0331
    My SOLUS action on the Aero 17" chassis. I really like the sleek features. Only one complaint...The butt pad assembly wobbles even when locked into place/ Will build up and file a little JB weld to stop stop that. Disregard. I found a tension screw under the bag rider to eliminate the butt pad wobble. It is a fine thread or even half thread turn to knock out the play before it isn't quick adjust tho. In hunt rig mode:
    IMG_9685.jpeg

Last edited:
    Allegedly 6CM will be the next complete Solus released. I'm patiently waiting on a .223 bolt face option for a trainer or compact suppressed coyote gun.

I've been eyeballing a Solus action for a custom .25 Creedmoor build... I know that the Solus uses Zermatt Origin profits and headspacing, so that's good info to know.

Reactions: FredHammer
    I've been eyeballing a Solus action for a custom .25 Creedmoor build... I know that the Solus uses Zermatt Origin profits and headspacing, so that's good info to know.
    My Bart CF barrel is an Origin prefit.

Reactions: FuhQ
    Well... I pulled the trigger on a Solus today for my .25CM build... I'm pretty excited about this project. Thinking about going with a 20" Preferred Barrels carbon fiber prefit already chambered, shouldered, and headspaced for .25 Creedmoor BlackJack (BJ specs). Obviously I'll stick a TriggerTech Pro Curved in it, but so far I'm still undecided on a chassis/stock for it...

When it comes in, I'll post some pics, as I go along with the build.

Well... I pulled the trigger on a Solus today for my .25CM build... I'm pretty excited about this project. Thinking about going with a 20" Preferred Barrels carbon fiber prefit already chambered, shouldered, and headspaced for .25 Creedmoor BlackJack (BJ specs). Obviously I'll stick a TriggerTech Pro Curved in it, but so far I'm still undecided on a chassis/stock for it...

When it comes in, I'll post some pics, as I go along with the build.
    Well, that's like mandatory!

Reactions: FuhQ
    I felt one of these the other day, pretty smooth and very light bolt lift after releasing the FP. Thinking about buying one in 6.5creed and selling my 260. Really liked the action for the price.

Reactions: CSTactical
    Picked up a competition Solus in 6creed today since they were out of the 6.5 creeds and bought another action and chassisfor a magnum build. Does anyone know where I can find a magnum bolt head? I emailed areo Monday since I couldn’t find a phone number and still haven’t got a response back. I didn’t see a magnum bolt head for sale on their site but they have solus 6.5PRC barreled actions at Brownells so not sure why they wouldn’t be selling the bolt heads unless they’re just not there yet with production. A Grendel bolt head would be a nice addition as well for a 6ARC or 224Valkyrie build.

Picked up a competition Solus in 6creed today since they were out of the 6.5 creeds and bought another action and chassisfor a magnum build. Does anyone know where I can find a magnum bolt head? I emailed areo Monday since I couldn’t find a phone number and still haven’t got a response back. I didn’t see a magnum bolt head for sale on their site but they have solus 6.5PRC barreled actions at Brownells so not sure why they wouldn’t be selling the bolt heads unless they’re just not there yet with production. A Grendel bolt head would be a nice addition as well for a 6ARC or 224Valkyrie build.
    I’ve been waiting for a replacement 473 bolt head for 6 months. When I ask about it, I get one word reply, TBD.

I’ve been waiting for a replacement 473 bolt head for 6 months. When I ask about it, I get one word reply, TBD.
    At least they responded to you. I understand things take time. Ive got a few other builds in the works so I don’t mind putting the magnum build on the back burner for now or just getting a 22creed barrel for it.

Does anyone have a good point of contact of contact for an Aero rep either here or direct? Having an issue with a new Solus action that I need to get resolved. Not here to light a fire, just looking for better direct comms to them.

Feel free to PM if you’d prefer.

My Solus was supposed to be here yesterday, but the retards at FuddEx sent my action from Texas, to Bessemer, AL, and THEN magically it got sent over to Kennesaw, GA for some unknown reason, instead of sending it south to my nearest hub (Montgomery). Then it said delivery today...Yeah right! Them deliver on a Saturday. I'm figuring it will be here Monday, so I'll pick it up after work on my way home. I'll give my first opinions when I get it. I've got a TriggerTech Special Pro Curved (1lbs.) trigger on the way for it. And a 15" competition Aero chassis for it with all the accessories (action wrench, etc...). Now all that's left is to buy an Origin shouldered pre-fit in .25CM, and figure out a scope for it.

How much does it weigh? Can’t find a decent spec anywhere…

The Solus action came in today. I’m pretty damn impressed for the price. They’re normally $899, but Primary Arms was running them on sale for $650 last week, so I couldn’t pass that up. You can’t even buy a cheap used 700 and have it blueprinted for that kind of money these days.

Thought it was pretty cool it comes with the barrel nut and wrench, even though I won’t be needing them for this build. I plan on going with a shouldered pre-fit Zermatt Origin barrel.

IMG_0327.jpegIMG_0329.jpegIMG_0331.jpegIMG_0332.jpegIMG_0334.jpegIMG_0335.jpegIMG_0338.jpeg