• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

Has the second group buy happened already and I missed it, or are we all still waiting?

Has the second group buy happened already and I missed it, or are we all still waiting?
It hasn’t happened yet, they’re being machined now. PM me for more details if you want to be added to the wait list.

Enjoyed the podcast with you and @BLKWLFK9 , you guys are good people and it made me even more stoked for an AT with one of these chassis! He’s been pimping these pretty effectively I think without being overbearing because it really has made a significant difference for AI shooters wanting to play the PRS game or even just run ARCA on tripods, etc.

Like David said, an AI in this chassis may be the ultimate tactical/comp crossover rifle. Weight being the only issue of course.

So the AT-X chassis is coming out, I’m really not super sold on it. I do like AI key slot, but in my opinion, AOV chassis looks better. I do like the mag cut away, but I haven’t needed it for years so I’m good.

super excited for the AOV chassis to start shipping!

I can’t believe AI doesn’t owe you, Sam, royalties for the design of “their “ chassis.
Different? Maybe in small instances, but the design is yours...

How big are the mag flares on the AOV version?? Got my GTAC and MDT grip installed. Just waiting for the chassis to do some science experiments with the bonding.
E3EF176F-9F1E-49B7-93F1-EAFBAAC1A438.jpeg
4D0A256C-6553-4CF4-9950-BFEEA061F3A2.jpeg

All my other bolt guns are behind schedule getting built. Hoping for some good news on this one soon!

Hey guys,

I'm sure you noticed I've been pretty quiet on here over the past week. I wanted to let AI do their thing, and most of all let people digest what they saw, for better or worse.

I'm not going to throw stones at AI. At this point they have a new product, and I have an established one that has a transparent backstory on its development from day 1. Going forward I will still be having the chassis made with Christian at The Vision Products in Norway, the timeline I am not 100% certain right now as we are figuring out final details and how best to proceed.

I still have a wait list for the US market, and will reach out again soon to those of you on the list. I do want to confirm who is still interested in purchasing the chassis; but please know there will be no hard feelings if you decide to back out or are more drawn to the new AI product. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel uncomfortable or feel stuck with something they don't want.

That all being said, Christian and I firmly believe we have a product that is immensely beneficial to the competition shooter, hunter and marksman - especially one that values the merging of classic AI looks and ergonomics with modern design and features.

Lastly, I want to thank everyone that has reached out to me in support and commented that they still value the product I have poured so much time and energy into. At the end of the day, this product came about solely due to my love of the AI platform.

Thanks,

Sam

715B037F-A0E6-4C02-93CC-79FABFAC3147.jpeg

700B22AE-D0D6-4A47-88CD-068CBAE7253B.jpeg

FD1025E9-CB5C-497A-9126-51BC7A5A2A4D.jpeg

C3255D97-44F8-455C-81A6-030FEF6E114D.jpeg

Last edited:
RedBeard finished mine up.

The nice thing about the AT-X release for me is eventually they will have a left-handed Rem700 chassis I can put my Vudoo in and keep the trainers close.

Sam if you ever decide to do a Rem700 version please let me know as the chassis you designed is perfect.

Attachments

• PXL_20210123_012938473.jpg
    PXL_20210123_012938473.jpg
    652.8 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:

The nice thing about the AT-X release for me is eventually they will have a left handed Rem700 chassis I can put my Vudoo in and keep the trainers close.

Sam if you ever decide to do a Rem700 version please let me know as this chassis you designed is perfect.
Damn, that fucker looks good.

Reactions: texag0842

The nice thing about the AT-X release for me is eventually they will have a left-handed Rem700 chassis I can put my Vudoo in and keep the trainers close.

Sam if you ever decide to do a Rem700 version please let me know as the chassis you designed is perfect.
An MDT chassis is your best option if you want one for a 700. You don’t get the AI buttstock but the MDT version isn’t bad either.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
An MDT chassis is your best option if you want one for a 700. You don’t get the AI buttstock but the MDT version isn’t bad either.

Thats what i have done. My JHR is in a MDT ACC. Only real noticeable difference feel wise is the butt stock.

Reactions: Adam B

We have discussed an R700 AO/Vision chassis. It's definitely possible, though it would be more on the shoulders of Christian as he has the ability to more easily integrate his R700 inlet into the machine programming.

Unfortunately the market is likely limited, and also relies on customers having a spare buttstock and set of grip panels. That being said, we could make a small run if there was enough interest. The other great option is to take a look at the Vision Products "Vision Chassis" when the import paperwork clears and they ship over to the states.

Reactions: RS14

What NV rail is that?

It's the NV bridge and pic rail that I designed, and came with each chassis from the first production batch.
Oh nice, it looked slightly different that’s why I asked. Maybe the paint job. I just bought an AI with your chassis and ax butt. Can’t wait to get it and give it a try in some matches.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Yeah yeah yeah, we all saw that...

Not sure how to do middle finger emoji's from my phone with the new site changes... But rest assured IF I knew how, I would right now! Haha
Hahaha man! I knew I had to jump quick! Don’t worry I’ll shoot some extra rounds just for you lol and post lots of pics. You can live vicariously thru me 🙌

Oh nice, it looked slightly different that’s why I asked. Maybe the paint job. I just bought an AI with your chassis and ax butt. Can’t wait to get it and give it a try in some matches.
Yeah dude, you got an insane deal, I’m still scratching my head at that one.

Let me know how you like it once you get a chance to do some shooting.

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
@samb300 forgive me if the info is somewhere else, but I seem to remember at some point in time during the initial mock ups you debated about having a spigot that could attach to the front and raise the bipod to boreline slightly. Did you ever go through with that?
And I know that production is now with The Vision chassis guys, but would you guys at some point consider a half length nv bridge? Something that starts at the front end and covers the front half of the forend?
I’m a fan of the krg enclosed forend design aesthetics and also the MPA enhanced bridge.

No spigot on production version. Just a longer fore end

@samb300 forgive me if the info is somewhere else, but I seem to remember at some point in time during the initial mock ups you debated about having a spigot that could attach to the front and raise the bipod to boreline slightly. Did you ever go through with that?
And I know that production is now with The Vision chassis guys, but would you guys at some point consider a half length nv bridge? Something that starts at the front end and covers the front half of the forend?
I’m a fan of the krg enclosed forend design aesthetics and also the MPA enhanced bridge.
The prototype that @BLKWLFK9 has originally had a spigot mount up front. But it had more flex in it than I liked, along with making the mounting area a bit of a challenge. The production forend is 1.5" longer and does away with the spigot, and I don't believe there's much of a drawback to not having it.

The current design has the "short" NV bridge if you want to call it that, and the Vision Products has machined a full-length bridge. Both have bolt-on 20MOA pic rails, so they can be used with or without the pic rail depending on your usage and scope height preference. A half-length NV rail could certainly be done, but then gets into the question of how much work and parts inventory do we want to do in order to carry three different bridge options for a small quantity of chassis.

Please make a bolt-on version of this for the AXMC, AXSR, and non-comittal AXSA owners out there!

Reactions: Krob95
I hear ya, broski... Had to work a little Sage Green into my GAP camo as a tip of the cap to the base AI.

@samb300, absolutely loving the chassis, man... Thank you!
View attachment 7542240
That looks freaking PIMP man, well done! Did you do the paint yourself? The only thing I like more than AI sage green is the old school style GAP camo, so this nailed it.

Would love to have a gun done like this, especially an AI.

Reactions: RS14
That looks freaking PIMP man, well done! Did you do the paint yourself? The only thing I like more than AI sage green is the old school style GAP camo, so this nailed it.

Would love to have a gun done like this, especially an AI.
No way man, sent this RIGHT back to Red Beard, haha... Mitch hooked it up! Thanks fellas.

Figured it was easier to ask on the hide than over the internet off of my phone;
Does the hoptic quiver sit high enough so i can run the grey ops plate just in front of the magwell
1612404287469.png

1612404287259.png

Figured it was easier to ask on the hide than over the internet off of my phone;
Does the hoptic quiver sit high enough so i can run the grey ops plate just in front of the magwell
View attachment 7546043
View attachment 7546044
Did you figure out an answer to this? The M-Lok slot vertical spacing is such that MDT external weights will clear a bipod clamp on the RRS dovetail, if that helps answer your question.

Did you figure out an answer to this? The M-Lok slot vertical spacing is such that MDT external weights will clear a bipod clamp on the RRS dovetail, if that helps answer your question.
I didn't yet, I PM'd a couple of guys but didnt hear back. Might be worth just giving it a go

What bag rider is that? I think maybe you mentioned you were developing one? If so any sneak peaks?
Thanks.
It’s a 3D printed prototype right now. Not sure how I will proceed, based on the new AI rifles they might benefit or require mounting to the pic rail versus through the rear of the butt plate. The design I have allows the internal mounting of a steel weight that would bring the total weight to 1# if desired.

I’ve been playing with bag rider designs for years, I finally came up with something I liked, then it looked like the new rifles have a pic rail that moves with the buttstock versus the current fixed pic rail. Is what it is at this point.

I just picked up an MDT buttstock and am going to have a buddy fit it to my extra chassis. This would be a good less expensive offering.
Let me know how it works out. I spent some time looking at the MDT ACC buttstock with the AI chassis + grip skins, and determined it wasn't feasible without having an insanely long LOP or deleting the screws that hold the grip panel in place.