• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

Hit the easy button and run 6BR

Easy button for an AI is not a BR based cartridge even if it is at the loading bench. Even 6GT may or may not run in an AI without a modded mag. Easy button would be 6 Creedmoor for feeding and ammo selection.

Or split the difference b/w 6CM and 308 and do a 6.5 CM, feeds great in AI. Ammo should be available in 2-3 years once manufacturers set up in the states that secede from the Union.

Easy button for an AI is not a BR based cartridge even if it is at the loading bench. Even 6GT may or may not run in an AI without a modded mag. Easy button would be 6 Creedmoor for feeding and ammo selection.

Or split the difference b/w 6CM and 308 and do a 6.5 CM, feeds great in AI. Ammo should be available in 2-3 years once manufacturers set up in the states that secede from the Union.
Never had any issues with 6BR in AI after 1500 rounds and planning to run it again for the second season in a row.

6BR Win Tac barrel and HRD mag kits. Plug and play.

I was thinking 6 Dasher or 6 Creedmoor, Creedmoor is the easiest by far because I can get ammo off the shelf and I've already got 6 Creedmoor dies. But I've got everything I need to reload the Dasher.

Never had any issues with 6BR in AI after 1500 rounds and planning to run it again for the second season in a row.

6BR Win Tac barrel and HRD mag kits. Plug and play.

Is that in the AO chassis or original?

Glad it’s working for you, any issues if mag is on a barricade, either resting on or pushed up against it?

I ran it in my AT and had issues with feeding every once in a while and that little case not ejecting when I didn’t consciously run the bolt “right” (hard).

Is that in the AO chassis or original?

Glad it’s working for you, any issues if mag is on a barricade, either resting on or pushed up against it?

I ran it in my AT and had issues with feeding every once in a while and that little case not ejecting when I didn’t consciously run the bolt “right” (hard).

Original. AX mags in AX. I havnt tried AW mags in an AT with 6BR.

No issues with mag pushed up against or on top of props.

No issues running the bolt normally. No need to run it hard. But if you purposefully run it turtle slow it won’t eject. No issues feeding.

Does the AO chassis accept AX mags or just AW?

Original. AX mags in AX. I havnt tried AW mags in an AT with 6BR.

No issues with mag pushed up against or on top of props.

No issues running the bolt normally. No need to run it hard. But if you purposefully run it turtle slow it won’t eject. No issues feeding.

Does the AO chassis accept AX mags or just AW?
It’s designed only for the AW mag, though an AX mag will work if you hammer the front tab flat.

I decided early on that the AX magwell was a complication that didn’t justify the extra cost and complexity. Plus it isn’t ambidextrous, and I figured most customers would be de-bonding an AT (and have AW mags on hand) versus de-bonding an AX.

It might not be quite as fast as loading an AX, but the flared magwell on the Obsession chassis makes loading way WAY better than on an AT.

Yall have cost me a bunch of money lol... 6mm Creed barrel ordered from Mile High last night and a case of the Prime Ammo 115gr too. Oh yeah AND the AR Grip conversion from GTAC.

Build pics hopefully after everything gets in after the Holidays are finally over.

Jake
Man I know your pain. I bought a AI because of @samb300 with a second barrel. Of course the chassis. And several other accessories. Lol. And now I’ve got at least three more people who have bought AIs. And at least 1 planning on the chassis.

Reactions: samb300 and Jakerz
Yall have cost me a bunch of money lol... 6mm Creed barrel ordered from Mile High last night and a case of the Prime Ammo 115gr too. Oh yeah AND the AR Grip conversion from GTAC.

Build pics hopefully after everything gets in after the Holidays are finally over.

Jake
Keep an eye on your primers of that 6mm creed from prime; I had issues with them popping until I opened my neck up a little bit.

Reactions: Jakerz
59CFB953-8D6F-44BD-8D13-5B23794A7FED.jpeg
F104D31A-20C2-4E2D-A67E-7196C08AC936.jpeg
503E2FB2-F416-4748-B897-853B248511C2.jpeg

Thanks @RS14 !

Unfortunately with the nationwide shut downs I’m not sure how that will affect the machine shop that will be making these. Best case they’re still open and making parts, worst case they’ll be shut down like many other companies.

I made it to the range over the weekend to break in my new Bartlein MTU 6GT barrel. Looking forward to when our WI match season starts, whenever that will actually be.

Edited to add: I’m still taking pre-orders, and will be for the foreseeable future (until the machine shop is needing to order material).

View attachment 7281156

View attachment 7281158
Sam, you shoot at Racine?

The second run chassis's look great, Sam! Can you fill us in on what the design changes are? Right now I'm seeing that the MLOK slots moved up slightly (more room for weights?) and got threaded holes between them, (looks vaguely familiar...does it give us use of another attachment interface?) while the qd socket moved down. There also appear to be lightening cuts in the blank space below the mlok slots and a more aggressive texture on the barricade stop/front of the magwell as well as larger cutouts/more mounting holes on the NV bridge...did I miss anything? Any cool features not visible? Thanks!

The second run chassis's look great, Sam! Can you fill us in on what the design changes are? Right now I'm seeing that the MLOK slots moved up slightly (more room for weights?) and got threaded holes between them, (looks vaguely familiar...does it give us use of another attachment interface?) while the qd socket moved down. There also appear to be lightening cuts in the blank space below the mlok slots and a more aggressive texture on the barricade stop/front of the magwell as well as larger cutouts/more mounting holes on the NV bridge...did I miss anything? Any cool features not visible? Thanks!

I know @samb300 will be able to talk about it with more detail.

But when I spoke with the Vison products about it. They basically said most everything is just cosmetic. But they changed the angle of the barricade stop on the magwel to match their exsisting chassis they make. And more of a flair on the mag well

Reactions: Rory_Fritz
@AXMC As mentioned above, the changes are cosmetic for the most part. Not simply to make it look different, but to better and more easily integrate with The Vision Products’ existing machining programs, fixtures, and tooling. They already have their own chassis for R700 (and other) actions, which has exterior weights that attach slightly differently than some others. But it will also accept any standard M-Lok accessory including MDT and Gray-Ops external weights.

I’m hoping to provide some “formal” news soon regarding the next batch and future plans.

Thanks,

Sam

I shoot at Racine regularly. Spend most of my time at 600. Mainly a sling shooter but looking to up my IQ about practical style shooting
Nice! The PRS and “Precision Rifle“ matches are fun, but I don’t know that I’d call them “practical” per se. They can be what you make of them, so if you approach them in more of a practical manner in terms of gear and caliber selection - rather than from a pure gaming standpoint - you could reason to build some solid skills and stress management from them.

Well, I got a lot done today! lol. Debonded my AT and installed it and the AX buttstock, also picked up a GTAC grip conversion, which is awesome I might add. Gonna get some decent pics when I get some time off and get home before it's dark lol

View attachment 7519098

Jake
Black on black on black on black...love it!

Reactions: Jakerz
I think it might be the only all black one of the bunch huh? Murdered out lolol. That black chassis is sexy AF though, I’m super happy with it.

Jake

Reactions: RS14
Ordered a thumb rest and lower cheekpiece from Anarchy Sunday, should be here Saturday. The rings I have on my Razer Gen I are to lower for the high rail and the factory rest, which sucks 'cause I don't wanna buy 35mm rings to use the scope for a few months lol. Hopefully the lower one will work out and won't be too bad.

Jake

Reactions: samb300
Still really excited for this preorder. Might be able to use it at a match in March if things move quick enough.

Wow, those look awesome! Any chance they work with gen 1 forends?

Reactions: samb300