• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

I’m a fan as well.
6013E00B-C386-4557-B196-51186909CFBF.jpeg

@samb300, 2 questoins:

1. what are the odds of another run in the next 6 months?
2. What pants are your rocking with built in kneepads? I need some of those for my beat up knees during matches and maybe to get promoted at work, lol

So I just noticed last night that I never swapped the male catch for the stock on the left side of my AT and when I went to install it found that the corresponding screw head did not clear the comp trigger. I had to file off a little bit of it. Anyone else have that issue?

@samb300, 2 questoins:

1. what are the odds of another run in the next 6 months?
2. What pants are your rocking with built in kneepads? I need some of those for my beat up knees during matches and maybe to get promoted at work, lol
I'm working with a shop to potentially make some for the European market, with the possibility of importing some of them direct into the US, rather than having another large batch made here. That seems to be moving fast, so stand by for more information. If I get another batch made here instead it would for sure be 4-6 months to complete once I issue a PO.

I use inexpensive 5.11 Tactical pants that have an internal knee pad pocket for neoprene pads. They work well and are cheap, but don't breathe well during hot/humid months, and don't repel water. I bought a pair of much nicer UF Pro pants, but with the exact same waist and inseam as the 5.11 they fit me like skinny jeans in the waist and thigh area haha.

So I just noticed last night that I never swapped the male catch for the stock on the left side of my AT and when I went to install it found that the corresponding screw head did not clear the comp trigger. I had to file off a little bit of it. Anyone else have that issue?
The kit comes with the correct replacement screw for the AT male stock catch.

Reactions: EmanP
I'm working with a shop to potentially make some for the European market, with the possibility of importing some of them direct into the US, rather than having another large batch made here. That seems to be moving fast, so stand by for more information. If I get another batch made here instead it would for sure be 4-6 months to complete once I issue a PO.

I use inexpensive 5.11 Tactical pants that have an internal knee pad pocket for neoprene pads. They work well and are cheap, but don't breathe well during hot/humid months, and don't repel water. I bought a pair of much nicer UF Pro pants, but with the exact same waist and inseam as the 5.11 they fit me like skinny jeans in the waist and thigh area haha.

Thanks for the pants info, I like how 511's fit but don't need tactical skinny jeans, lol

So the shop is in Europe? Feel free to PM if you're not ready to put info out yet, thanks dude, you're the man! Gotta get one of your thumbrests for my AI AT LE model!

Pale green or classic green?

Lol, yep, must have had the superior color, "pale brown" on the brain ;)

Reactions: MysizeisMAGNUM
Uhh so, I've only messed around with my newly cured gun around the house, but is anyone else experiencing this thing being like a step change more stable over the AI AT? This is my first season shooting PRS but having the balance not on the magwell is amazing

Reactions: samb300
Uhh so, I've only messed around with my newly cured gun around the house, but is anyone else experiencing this thing being like a step change more stable over the AI AT? This is my first season shooting PRS but having the balance not on the magwell is amazing
Yup! Tune the balance point to be 3-4" in front of the mag well, and it will ride a heavy bag like nobody's business. Combine that with the forend being an inch closer to the barrel than the AT, and it makes it significantly more stable.

So I shot my second match this weekend since swapping it and it really is noticably better. It really doesn't feel like the same rifle anymore. It just feels completely solid.

20201012_132059_resized.jpg

It’s been too long, but finally got home and got the AT put together. Still waiting for epoxy to cure, but should sight in/get some groups tomorrow. Thanks Sam! Great design and great package you put together!! Can’t wait to get in some matches.
0E59834C-C624-4407-AA31-00EB81AA94A9.jpeg

E8F500A5-C331-4A75-B861-F0567064BF35.jpeg

5A2AC5E9-2E5D-4A26-B551-CD8C072F1AD8.jpeg

It’s been too long, but finally got home and got the AT put together. Still waiting for epoxy to cure, but should sight in/get some groups tomorrow. Thanks Sam! Great design and great package you put together!! Can’t wait to get in some matches.
View attachment 7447556
View attachment 7447561
View attachment 7447558
Looks so clean, I love it!

How do you like the RRS scope mount? They look so sleek, I’m really thinking about one for my next optic instead of a Spuhr.

Looks so clean, I love it!

How do you like the RRS scope mount? They look so sleek, I’m really thinking about one for my next optic instead of a Spuhr.
The RRS mounts are very nice. As you stated, they are just clean/sleek. Definitely no issues from a quality perspective.

My AO chassis has really grown on me. I haven't been able to shoot it much bc I was Antelope hunting, then traveling for work for a couple of weeks, then caught COVID while traveling. But hopefully I'm better next week and can shoot it more. At least I've had time to process and load about 1500rds of 308W brass.
Yeah, I was afraid of that... 🤨

My AO chassis has really grown on me. I haven't been able to shoot it much bc I was Antelope hunting, then traveling for work for a couple of weeks, then caught COVID while traveling. But hopefully I'm better next week and can shoot it more. At least I've had time to process and load about 1500rds of 308W brass.

Haha, well 1500 should get you through for a while. Good start. Hope you feel better soon!

Reactions: reubenski
If anyone is on the fence about the chassis, don’t hesitate if Sam re-runs. Pictures are a bit deceiving and the chassis can look out of proportion, but DBransco was gracious enough to let me look at his rifle and believe me when I say that everything looks like a fine sports car.
No doubt that I have to try and get the chassis!

So much for being 1 of 40, haha! Seriously though, that's awesome Sam... I'm super happy for you!

So much for being 1 of 40, haha! Seriously though, that's awesome Sam... I'm super happy for you!
Thanks! Yeah, sorry to decrease the rarity and collectibility of your chassis haha. This one will actually be slightly different, so there will likely still only be 40 of the exact design of the first run. I'm working on getting some to the European market more easily than if I had them made here, and the benefit will be having more made for the US market as well.

So pics from my first match with the AO chassis. And wow. Definitely didn’t have any disadvantages. If you compete and want to compete with a AI you need @samb300 chassis.
A986D8D0-A9A1-4E6C-A89B-B9637BE65F96.jpeg

Attachments

• BDC3A153-615A-45CF-AA0B-51178B271134.jpeg
    BDC3A153-615A-45CF-AA0B-51178B271134.jpeg
    723.8 KB · Views: 64
  • A1BD85BD-C0F2-415F-89A0-F9C1492E9BF0.jpeg
    A1BD85BD-C0F2-415F-89A0-F9C1492E9BF0.jpeg
    618.6 KB · Views: 65
Just ordered my AT and AX Stock conversion from Mike at Mile High today! Can't wait to get this thing together and get some rounds down range! Now I need to decide on what 6mm I'm gonna go with lol.

Jake

Reactions: RS14
Just ordered my AT and AX Stock conversion from Mike at Mile High today! Can't wait to get this thing together and get some rounds down range! Now I need to decide on what 6mm I'm gonna go with lol.

Jake

6cm

Reactions: Jakerz and bpd131
Guessing that's 6 Creedmoor @BLKWLFK9? IDK if I wanna just order some .308 and shoot it a bit or just drop the $800 on a barrel and go straight to 6mm.

Jake