• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Group Buys Aftermarket AI "Obsession" Chassis - Group Buy

Me being a tripod gamer in the background with @bb505 on the tank trap, both with Obsession chassis’.

033CBB35-E8C7-482F-83BC-8D1243EBD319.jpeg

Dumb question, I know, but how and with whom did you “pre-order”? AI chassis isn’t shown on the GCP website that I can find...

Very nice. Hopefully I can snag a top rail for mine.

How many survived the first shipment?

You’d have to verify with GCP, but UPS damaged the container, damage was primarily cosmetic. Doesn’t bother me, especially after ceracoating

Probably a silly question but is their any performance difference in the AO chassis compared to the AT-X? For what is worth I like to looks and features of the AO chassis better.

Reactions: BurtGummer
I figured that was the response. The Mlok function, NV bridge and fact I could keep or change the grip is why I ultimately bought another members AO. I like the AI grip personally, so I don’t think I’ll change it. I just didn’t know if I was over looking anything. I’ll have it in hand Friday and be able to get see how it is in person.

Reactions: RS14
Probably a silly question but is their any performance difference in the AO chassis compared to the AT-X? For what is worth I like to looks and features of the AO chassis better.
There is no thumb self option yet on the ATX, stock does not fold (yet) on the ATX if that's important, and the AO/vision version comes with internal weights and a nv bridge.

Reactions: Chasing3
Thanks guys for the responses. To answer your questions @Chasing3 , I don’t think there will be much of a measurable difference on a typical GC bag + barricade/prop with the AO/V chassis compared to the atx. As has been mentioned, I certainly don’t have an atx on hand to compare directly, nor do I care to do so. AI’s claim of the atx forend to bore axis distance is slightly closer than mine, but my design is approximately 1” closer than an AT forend so no matter how you look at it the improvement will be significant when going from an AT or AX to either new platform.

The AO/V will let you use any M-Lok weight or accessory, no need for specific AI-only weights, etc.

In my opinion, the AO/V chassis does a better job aesthetically blending the classic AI looks with a modern competition forend. Love it or hate it, the atx is all new and is certainly a polarizing design.

I hope you enjoy your new chassis, please let me know if you have any other questions.

I am using a custom MTU profile I ordered from Bartlein, it's 24" long and 1.00" at the muzzle, it balances perfectly with only the 2# internal weight in the forend and an Ultra7 up front.

1626408506162.png

This is sans bipod with full internal weight and heavy varmint contour 6 creedmoor

Wondering if there could be any future development projects for a butt stock/grip assembly from the “Visionaries”? I understand the AX adjustments, but $800+ is asinine.
Christian…. Sam…

Wondering if there could be any future development projects for a butt stock/grip assembly from the “Visionaries”? I understand the AX adjustments, but $800+ is asinine.
Christian…. Sam…
Both are in work, unsure if/when they will come to market.

Is the night vision rail adjustable fore and aft and does it match the 20moa action rail?

also current cost?
Yes, the short NV bridge can be adjusted front to back along the length of the forend. It has the option of a 20moa picatinny rail that will be co-linear with the factory “tall” AI 20MOA action rail.

I don’t know the cost, touch base with GCP Rifle Co for details.

The NV mount was designed to have the picatinny rail co-planar with the "tall" 20MOA action rail. That means if you want to run NV, you will want to set it up just like a factory AX: tall action rail + 1.5" scope mount.

If you are using the NV rail for a forward support-hand thumb rest, then you can position it in front of the objective and run it slammed with a low rail and low rings.

If you want to run the objective on top of the NV bridge, but without the pic rail, then I would recommend either the low rail+ tall rings, or the tall rail+low rings. That's basically how I have it setup, tall rail + 1.18" Spuhr.

View attachment 7419850
Looks like the non enclosed is the way to go even running a night vision clip on. Should let the barrel cool quicker with no downsides

Am I missing anything ?

enclosed does look cooler

8E951E92-06D7-4843-9D57-FD21AE3FD730.jpeg

Looks like the non enclosed is the way to go even running a night vision clip on. Should let the barrel cool quicker with no downsides

Am I missing anything ?

enclosed does look cooler

View attachment 7675444
Personal preference. Your view of aesthetics vs function vs actual need for NV mounting will determine the best option.

I was waiting for the full length cover since it was announced but at $250 no thanks. I'll stick with the short one that was included.

I was waiting for the full length cover since it was announced but at $250 no thanks. I'll stick with the short one that was included.
We tried our best to delivery a quality product at a competitive price within the market. We are even beating the atx full length forend price, and probably with making 10x less of them than AI.

I just couldn't believe the full length top cover was 1/5 the price of the whole chassis with the included night vision bridge. The chassis with everything included was a deal and a half.

I just couldn't believe the full length top cover was 1/5 the price of the whole chassis with the included night vision bridge. The chassis with everything included was a deal and a half.
You might be surprised how much time and machining cost is involved in the full length rail.

Also, there's that whole pesky thing about actually trying to turn a profit, and not my initial group buy run of trying to break even :)