• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Grip mods?

Mine was stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks before it all of a sudden appeared...

FYI: I may have said brand new kit available (in black) shortly as I'm contemplating an AXSR.

Reactions: goosed
DC40BAC9-61E9-4DF8-BDA7-8D0A225C5017.jpeg

Been very happy with it, the deluxe flat top ergo is the most comfortable grip I’ve put on so far.

Mine was stuck in Chicago for about 2 weeks before it all of a sudden appeared...

FYI: I may have said brand new kit available (in black) shortly as I'm contemplating an AXSR.

You should... Do it!

You'll never be happy if you don't. Always wondering what your missing out on if you don't (positive peer pressure 😎)

Reactions: gamewarden
I am still on the fence on this mod. I just got the anarchy outdoors thumb rest and want to see if that’s enough. But I have to admit it makes the rifle look better. I shoot both ways with my thumb wrapped and off to the side. Going to start shooting exclusively with the thumb on the side. I seem to be able to manipulate the bolt better that way. Thanks for all the information and pics. For those with black AI did the black match up pretty well as it looks factory?

To me the GTAC grip conversion definitely changes the dynamics of the rifle in a very positive way. The stock grip was fine but it was really noticeable. As a side note I ordered a grip kit and there was a bit of a mix up with the color. I did not expect Alan or anyone to contact me but to my surprise Alan reached out to me and made it right. I cannot say enough about their customer service...and of course their product.
EA69514D-483B-4CFE-812F-401D3CFA2130.jpeg

I am still on the fence on this mod. I just got the anarchy outdoors thumb rest and want to see if that’s enough. But I have to admit it makes the rifle look better. I shoot both ways with my thumb wrapped and off to the side. Going to start shooting exclusively with the thumb on the side. I seem to be able to manipulate the bolt better that way. Thanks for all the information and pics. For those with black AI did the black match up pretty well as it looks factory?

I got my black one this week. Been busy as work, but hope to post a pic this weekend to let you know

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
@RG0099. Yeah. Thanks it does help. I will be placing my order next week for sure. It has a nice factory look to me from the photos. Meaning that nothing sticks out as out of place. Thanks again
It fit perfect, and it does look like original. Came with all the buttons in the plastic side panels, so all you reuse are the side panel screws. They provide new bolts for the trigger guard part. Glad I did it for sure!

I stippled the back of the grip Glock-style and it helped, but doesn't change the shape to the Oh-So-Familiar feel of the AR grip. I'll be getting one soon.
@Cheetor Alan, Have you thought of a similar adapter for a FAL?

Getting my order together and once I get the invoice, i will send out the money. How long does it take to get once paid? I know the post office has been terrible about delivery times but sans that.

Getting my order together and once I get the invoice, i will send out the money. How long does it take to get once paid? I know the post office has been terrible about delivery times but sans that.

When they had parts in stock, they invoiced me, and it took about a month to receive it.

Loooove it! Now paitently waiting for my VisionAO chassis!

Attachments

• 091656B3-27A8-4FC5-934B-20090A38571A.jpeg
    091656B3-27A8-4FC5-934B-20090A38571A.jpeg
    703.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 880D6969-22DD-46EE-AB01-0BC9D035A98D.jpeg
    880D6969-22DD-46EE-AB01-0BC9D035A98D.jpeg
    577.2 KB · Views: 207
A big thanks to everyone who has purchased the AI Grip Conversion. It offers an alternative to the standard grip and gives options, we all like options.
Unfortunately the shipping times are not so good at the moment but with most of the World stood down to some degree it must be expected.
@Cheetor Hello! Will this kit work on a post-2014 AICS AX chassis? If not, is there a conversion kit for that available? Thanks!

The main reason is that the current kit uses the trigger retention screws in the AI action and the AICS won't have those. You might be able to mod it to fit by drilling and tapping the chassis, but it won't just drop in like in AI rifles.

Actually, it looks like a kit for the post-2014 AICS chassis is coming soon:

Hopefully “soon” means a matter of a few weeks at most, not months.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXMC and Adam B
@Cheetor Hello! Will this kit work on a post-2014 AICS AX chassis? If not, is there a conversion kit for that available? Thanks!
Hi Kft101,
Apologies I missed your post, the AR grip for the Factory rifles will not fit the AICS chassis, just as AXMC has said, because the trigger retention bolts hold the trigger guard to the chassis.
It is not possible to make my factory rifle trigger guard fit the chassis systems, but I have made one that does.
I need to get out and undertake some testing to make sure everything is OK then they will be available for purchase.
There are differences to the 3 chassis sizes that mean there is no one size fits all, so there will be a short action, Long action and Magnum action AR grip conversion for the AICS chassis. Due to the restrictions caused by lockdown in the UK it is difficult to get out to test them, but should be soon now.

Black.jpg
Pale brown.jpg

Reactions: Adam B and kft101
Hi Kft101,
Apologies I missed your post, the AR grip for the Factory rifles will not fit the AICS chassis, just as AXMC has said, because the trigger retention bolts hold the trigger guard to the chassis.
It is not possible to make my factory rifle trigger guard fit the chassis systems, but I have made one that does.
I need to get out and undertake some testing to make sure everything is OK then they will be available for purchase.
There are differences to the 3 chassis sizes that mean there is no one size fits all, so there will be a short action, Long action and Magnum action AR grip conversion for the AICS chassis. Due to the restrictions caused by lockdown in the UK it is difficult to get out to test them, but should be soon now.

View attachment 7577576View attachment 7577577
@Cheetor Thank you! No worries at all. I emailed you about these after my initial post and you already responded back earlier. Looking forward to when these are available to order. To confirm, they will work on a post-2014 AX AICS? And will dark earth be available as a color option?

Really interested in the gtac kit. Anybody shot their rifles a lot with the kit?

Really interested in the gtac kit. Anybody shot their rifles a lot with the kit?
I've had the grip kit for a few months, competed / hunted / trained etc. a fair bit with it.

Overall I'm very happy.

As discussed with GTAC, I would like to see some of the edges machined more, to be rounded off slightly, more from an aesthetics perspective than function.

The grip dramatically changes the feel and control of the rifle, it's a good addition.

I've had the grip kit for a few months, competed / hunted / trained etc. a fair bit with it.

Overall I'm very happy.

As discussed with GTAC, I would like to see some of the edges machined more, to be rounded off slightly, more from an aesthetics perspective than function.

The grip dramatically changes the feel and control of the rifle, it's a good addition.
Don’t worry, GTAC won’t be the only game in town for much longer.

Don’t worry, GTAC won’t be the only game in town for much longer.
Well darn. I have hard mine in order since January but still haven’t gotten it. Seems like the black AI sides are in short supply. But I would love to see what you have to offer since I love what you do. How much longer?

I have something pretty cool in work, but it’s not done quite yet. I’ve been hesitant to pursue the AI AR grip over the past few years, but always had an idea of the best way to do it. I’ve been persuaded one way or another to give it a try, and I’m liking the progress so far.

@samb300 please show us what you have!

Maybe we can add some valuable input. As always I have very high expectations and can't wait to purchase.

I have a GTAC on the way but I'm really concerned they don't bevel the edges enough.

Reactions: Jrb572
I have something pretty cool in work, but it’s not done quite yet. I’ve been hesitant to pursue the AI AR grip over the past few years, but always had an idea of the best way to do it. I’ve been persuaded one way or another to give it a try, and I’m liking the progress so far.

Yours will be the best.

Reactions: jp67
Just for information really...
The AR grip conversion I make is not a copy of anyone elses work, it is machined by me from billet aluminium. It is similar to the trigger guard from the early AI L96 although that did not have the option to fit AR grips. The stock sides I supply are standard grip stock sides bought from the AI factory in the UK, I machine the standard sides to work with my trigger guard.
It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing, it was made to provide me with options for alternative grips to make the tool easier to use, then people started to want to buy it.
It uses quality materials and original parts altered to fit.
Black is the only colour I do not have at the moment because they are not available. The materials AI use to make the Black plastic items have been held up in Europe, since the UK left the EU in January everything exported from the EU to the UK has needed to have new export licences, this takes time, longer in some countries due to the Covid pandemic.
I keep customers, that have placed orders, updated as much as I can and never ask for payment until the kits are ready for despatch.
I only ever ship using tracked and signed for shipping and provide tracking info as soon as the items ship. Issues with the USPS are unfortunately out of my control and at the moment there seems to be random delays.
I have orders for Black kits at the moment and I have kept the people who have placed the orders informed of any delays.
I am more then happy to cancel any of those orders if the customers have changed their minds or want to buy elsewhere, I have even offered to cerakote black stock sides I have so they would not have to wait, not much else I can do I am afraid.
I always try to provide a customer service I would expect to receive myself.
There will always be natural progression and I am surprised that there have not been other usable options available, I look forward to see what others produce, as choice is always a good thing, although it is hard to please everyone.

Just for information really...
The AR grip conversion I make is not a copy of anyone elses work, it is machined by me from billet aluminium. It is similar to the trigger guard from the early AI L96 although that did not have the option to fit AR grips. The stock sides I supply are standard grip stock sides bought from the AI factory in the UK, I machine the standard sides to work with my trigger guard.
It may not be the most aesthetically pleasing, it was made to provide me with options for alternative grips to make the tool easier to use, then people started to want to buy it.
It uses quality materials and original parts altered to fit.
Black is the only colour I do not have at the moment because they are not available. The materials AI use to make the Black plastic items have been held up in Europe, since the UK left the EU in January everything exported from the EU to the UK has needed to have new export licences, this takes time, longer in some countries due to the Covid pandemic.
I keep customers, that have placed orders, updated as much as I can and never ask for payment until the kits are ready for despatch.
I only ever ship using tracked and signed for shipping and provide tracking info as soon as the items ship. Issues with the USPS are unfortunately out of my control and at the moment there seems to be random delays.
I have orders for Black kits at the moment and I have kept the people who have placed the orders informed of any delays.
I am more then happy to cancel any of those orders if the customers have changed their minds or want to buy elsewhere, I have even offered to cerakote black stock sides I have so they would not have to wait, not much else I can do I am afraid.
I always try to provide a customer service I would expect to receive myself.
There will always be natural progression and I am surprised that there have not been other usable options available, I look forward to see what others produce, as choice is always a good thing, although it is hard to please everyone.
I can concur with the above. I have had my black grip mod ordered for some time and have been kept apprised of the situation the entire time. Nothing but props from me thus far.

Reactions: walkabout
I will put my hand up straight away and say Cheetor is known to me, and I Cerakote his parts.
It never ceases to amaze me how people complain about something that someone has taken time and money to develop and offer to the public, then run it down because it does not "Fit" into there perfect idea of the "Solution", whether it's Chassis, Arca Rail, grip conversion or whatever.
Fine you don't like it...don't buy it.
Then you should get off your fat rears and do something different or put up the funds for someone else to do it.
Rant over.

Has anyone that’s recently purchased a GTAC grip conversion lately had it get stuck at Langeley HWDC? Haha patiently waiting.

Has anyone that’s recently purchased a GTAC grip conversion lately had it get stuck at Langeley HWDC? Haha patiently waiting.
Mine sat in Shitcago for 2 weeks until I finally files a lost package claim. Miraculously, it was delivered 2 days later.