• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AI AX308 Grip mods?

Just got mine in yesterday and installed it this morning. Can’t wait to shoot it. The quality is top notch. Mine came with a small scuff on one of the AI stock sides. The machining perfect. Mine doesn’t have any sharp edges that someone else had mentioned. Makes the rifle more comfortable for sure and the addition of the thumb rest is perfect.
69A513BE-0BD0-41A1-B871-A319D4AE7117.jpeg
88FE5F48-457F-4818-96B9-89F96DDA0FA9.jpeg
0D3134D9-09F7-484A-A626-8B65189BD02F.jpeg
97335EFA-5F7A-4DEA-9AC7-F1BC612F06C8.jpeg
97335EFA-5F7A-4DEA-9AC7-F1BC612F06C8.jpeg

Attachments

• 9B9A6EE6-246D-4DBC-AD64-C2392855AC77.jpeg
    9B9A6EE6-246D-4DBC-AD64-C2392855AC77.jpeg
    623.3 KB · Views: 89
I’m late to this thread, but traded notes with Alan from GTAC last night - really positive experience. Now looking for opinions on what “grip”... advice welcomed. Currently using a comp trigger w/ flat shoe - left handed and a thumb rest... looking to go full grip. MDT vertical grip has adjustment... any experience/exposure to the new “MDT VERTICAL GRIP ELITE” grip just released? Appreciate the guidance!

I'm very happy with my GTAC conversion. I installed an Ergo grip and it works for me, but with the relief cuts, I can swap it out for any other grip. I also installed their carbon fiber bag rider. Sorry about the pics, I wasn't thinking about posting when I took them, that's a dark earth AXMC.

GTAC_COnversion-1937940.jpg

IMG_7389-1937942.jpg

IMG_7384-1937938.jpg

I'm very happy with my GTAC conversion. I installed an Ergo grip and it works for me, but with the relief cuts, I can swap it out for any other grip. I also installed their carbon fiber bag rider. Sorry about the pics, I wasn't thinking about posting when I took them, that's a dark earth AXMC.

GTAC_COnversion-1937940.jpg

IMG_7389-1937942.jpg

IMG_7384-1937938.jpg

So where do i get the bag rider?

Sorry guys, it's still in work. I'll let you know more when I have something more concrete. For some reason having a newborn that hates sleep has affected my sanity o_O

Just one?

One kid? No, I have a 4 year old as well that wants attention too lol

Get some twins in there and come back and talk lol JK kids are tough I got 4 under 5.

Congrats on the new addition stoked to see what you make

Hey some twins in there and come back and talk lol JK kids are tough I got 4 under 5
Holy fuck...that's a NOPE from me, dawg lol

Congrats and condolences. I never thought it was that bad until colic was on the table. Hopefully in a few weeks/months things get back to normal a bit.

Holy fuck...that's a NOPE from me, dawg lol

Congrats and condolences. I never thought it was that bad until colic was on the table. Hopefully in a few weeks/months things get back to normal a bit.

Sorry man my first had colic really bad so I feel ya. It will get better just gotta walk away sometimes and go sit outside but it will end

@samb300 1,000,000% man.
Young kids and high-level wives are the nemesis of productivity.... Our 1st daughter had really bad colic, it is savage, for months... Like a bad injury, over time it'll go numb then one day you'll just forget it ever happened.

If anyone has been waiting for the AI AR grip adapter that I have mentioned over the past year, we’ve finally got a machined prototype for testing in Norway.

It’s machined 7075, completely ditches the Dremeled grip skins, has a much thinner design for a comfortable thumb placement on the side, and has a Vision thumb rest.

Check it out!

9E03A613-3E1D-4321-99A5-728EB960F82D.jpeg
33B862B4-8911-49D1-B90A-01FEA96C3BCE.jpeg
E5355EC1-C9FF-48E4-AA63-2524016D800B.jpeg
4E33FCFC-E6CE-4600-A9EB-F510F8EA4D2B.jpeg
C2003202-D67F-43CB-BC60-DF4E8472E2A3.jpeg

Sam, when do you estimate them being available? Assuming they'll ship in all the classic colors?
Christian and I are still working out the details. It is likely that due to the extensive machining time, that we will try to get a pre-sale or at least a list of names together to get a better idea of quantities.

Cerakote colors should be any of the AI matches that GCP is already doing.

Price will be in the neighborhood of $400 which includes Cerakote and a thumb rest.

Compatibility will be any AT, AX, or AO chassis with any fixed or folding buttstock, LH and RH.

Christian and I are still working out the details. It is likely that due to the extensive machining time, that we will try to get a pre-sale or at least a list of names together to get a better idea of quantities.

Cerakote colors should be any of the AI matches that GCP is already doing.

Price will be in the neighborhood of $400 which includes Cerakote and a thumb rest.

Compatibility will be any AT, AX, or AO chassis with any fixed or folding buttstock, LH and RH.
In

Not working on the AW?
It should work with an AW, problem would be the forend stock skins. If the AW has the one piece stock sides, you’d either have to cut up those or modify AT forend stock sides.

If anyone has been waiting for the AI AR grip adapter that I have mentioned over the past year, we’ve finally got a machined prototype for testing in Norway.

It’s machined 7075, completely ditches the Dremeled grip skins, has a much thinner design for a comfortable thumb placement on the side, and has a Vision thumb rest.

Check it out!

View attachment 7773115View attachment 7773116View attachment 7773117View attachment 7773118View attachment 7773119
Oh dang, that’s sweet! Will it work for the AX AICS chassis too? 🙏

I see your prototype has the delete for the folding "peg garage" / "keeper socket" that keeps the stock in the folded position. I assume we'd be able to keep that if desired?

Sorry for the confusing nomenclature. Best I can do at 7:30 on my first cup of coffee 😁
Post #306 has a picture where there would be an insert to hide that hole if you don’t want the folder secured. But looks like the folder secure tab would fit in that.

Reactions: reubenski
I see your prototype has the delete for the folding "peg garage" / "keeper socket" that keeps the stock in the folded position. I assume we'd be able to keep that if desired?

Sorry for the confusing nomenclature. Best I can do at 7:30 on my first cup of coffee 😁
The skins have the same 2 holes on each side as the factory plastic skins. They are just shown with metal “buttons” in their place.

It’s a really cool design in my totally biased opinion lol. A design I’ve been working on for a LONG time, which started as a similar idea as the GTAC about 3 years ago, but I scrapped due to hating the bolt-on trigger guard design.

If you look in the 3rd picture, you can see how much slimmer it is than the factory skins, which gives a much better feeling profile for thumb on the side ergonomics.

(These pics were prior to the thumb rest threaded holes being machined)

7B877290-2279-4472-8CB1-B41654BB59CF.jpeg
FFD3882B-9424-49BA-83D4-B80644EBE12C.jpeg
55C4C6A6-1F91-41AB-A594-F303E2B62A00.jpeg

I have tested the printed prototype with a variety of grips as well, and modified the design to accommodate as many as possible.

I’ll get some pics when I get the chance to print the most current version to show the MDT, MPA, and Ergo grips installed.

let us know when you are selling them. I’d like a set for My AXMC with out the thumb rest holes

Oh dang, that’s sweet! Will it work for the AX AICS chassis too? 🙏
That’s a great question, I don’t know the answer right now but I will definitely look into it.

Is there any way you could take some pics for me if you have an AICS chassis in hand?

I think the AICS version needs a relief for the rear action screw cap head, but I don’t know if the hole spacing is any different.

Reactions: kft101
let us know when you are selling them. I’d like a set for My AXMC with out the thumb rest holes
Will do. Not sure about a hole-less version, it’d have to be a special request from Christian, but could be possible.

will it be available in Pale Brown or do they need to be coated
They will be cerakoted. GCP and Vision have worked on color matching all the AI colors; pale brown, classic green, sage green, dark earth, and elite sand.

They will be cerakoted. GCP and Vision have worked on color matching all the AI colors; pale brown, classic green, sage green, dark earth, and elite sand.
Perfect. I was thinking about ordering one of those other grip mods but I’ll hold off until these are available now.

Reactions: samb300

Check it out!

View attachment 7773115View attachment 7773116View attachment 7773117View attachment 7773118View attachment 7773119
This looks great, very nice work.

That’s a great question, I don’t know the answer right now but I will definitely look into it.

Is there any way you could take some pics for me if you have an AICS chassis in hand?

I think the AICS version needs a relief for the rear action screw cap head, but I don’t know if the hole spacing is any different.
If it helps, here are some photos of my AX AICS showing both sides, with and without skins. I’m also happy to send my AICS in for prototyping if you need someone to test them out for you. 😉 Figure there’s a big enough market for an AICS version of these kits as well. I know I’d be in for at least one.

Thanks!

9E3EC448-C113-44A5-AD12-AD5690DFA00A.jpeg

8EFBAEAA-13DF-4E45-9B41-28784F16A107.jpeg

Check it out!

Send me one to test with my new AO chassis? :)

Reactions: samb300