• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing AICS Barrel Contour

Re: AICS Barrel Contour

Anything your heart desires. IIRC they will fit a 1.25 no taper truck axle.........

yea, they can take a barrel larger in diameter than the reciever.

I had a #7 in mine and had a huge amount of space around it.
I'm sure a 1 3/8 straight taper would fit. Not that I'd want one that big. Personally, I'll be using something like a medium palma on most of my guns now due to weight.

Personally, I think the contour of your barrel should be dictated by how much you want your rifle to weigh and the balance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: syme71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the contour that comes on the AE or AW? </div></div>

It looks really close to a rem. varmint contour..

i have a Shilen #7HV contour barrel in mine. its 1" at the muzzle 24" overall. btw its .308

CIMG1325.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: syme71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is the contour that comes on the AE or AW? </div></div>

Pretty much a medium palma taper.

Just for visual's sake, the green one is a Shilen #8 22" about 1.01" at the muzzle IIRC, and the black one is a factory LTR tube:
lrprs002.jpg