• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS new skins=Viperskins rip off!

Re: AICS new skins=Viperskins rip off!

MV is a stand up guys and nice as can be. He's a shooter and he's in it for us. I don't own an AI stock but someday I might and when I do it will have Viperskins on it.

Last I checked ,it's a free market. Both companies make a great product...competition keeps everyone on their toes. I do like the features on the AI model. The flush cup attachment points are really nice....and the price as well...about 1/2 of Viper...now there's something to be excited about!

Now they need to make different skins for the AX...
laugh.gif

I have just got back from the show and will add to this interesting thread.
We have known for a long time that we needed to replace our stock sides/skins but there is more to it than that.
It is worth reminding everyone that less than 7 years ago Accuracy International was a bankrupt company which was closed down. We have done a lot with AI since then, improved quality, increased production, introduced a new series of weapons, the AX, brought the AS50 to production, added facilities, equipment and people. We have brought back manufacturing in-hoouse which had been moved to subcontractors. We have invested heavily in AI and in AINA. We have a facility in VA. WE make AICS in the USA and have done for 6 years. We just opened a new factory in the UK close to our main factory for Chassis Systems. There are many product improvements we have know about which we have changed, there are others we know about and will change, there are others we do not yet know about and will continue to change.
All this has taken time and money and we are not a huge corporation with deep pockets. All of our growth has been internally funded since we restarted the company in May 2005 and we continue to grow and improve our products and service. Our company is built on the basis of trust, mutual respect and teamwork and it takes a long time to build a new company from the old one which is what we have done. There are less than 20% of our employees who were with the old company.
Enough of the history. Viperskins is a good product and filled a market gap. We always planned to introduce new stock sides/skins as retrofits for our AW, AE and AICS. We now have them in both thumbhole and pistol grip. We did not copy anyone on the way there as we do not need to copy something we already have. We have never copied anyone's design anyway.
We will be in full production with product on the market by the end of March. The price will be similar to the price of our old set of stock sides/skins at around $120 a set.
We have invested in new tooling which allows for flexibility with our different models, right and left hand for example.
I hope this will clarify the situation for everyone.
You will continue to see improvements in service and supply from AI. If there is something we are not supplying and someone fills that gap then so be it but they should make the most of it while they can and Viperskins have done that.
Unless it is a product we are not interested in, you can be sure we will have something before long at a competitive price and delivery with AI quality.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom,
When will the new skins be available in the UK???

Or will this be a US "first" release???

I'm in for the new thumbhole... hope you are making them for the 1.5 stock.

Lets hope this time round the grip size and angle have been addressed? The short reach to the trigger has been an issue since they first came out!

I wonder if Mike is planning any additional enhancements to the Viperskins???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless it is a product we are not interested in, you can be sure we will have something before long at a competitive price and delivery with AI quality.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

This last statement says it all for me.

IMO the Viperskins should have been left alone but since it was a good selling product you had to come up "something"( a clone) and make so extremely competitively priced that the small guys just can't compete.

I don't care what anyone else thinks. IMO AI didn't NEED to do that at all. I think they were doing just fine as is and that was a pretty shady move.

cox380...your IMO is wrong.

Maybe you did not read what I said. We always planned to introduce replacement stock sides for our legacy rifles and stocks which included thumbhole and pistol grip. All of them going back to the first AW we sold to Sweden. We are currently replacing 400 of those as part of an upgrade for 20 year old rifles. We did not focus on AICS. Do you really think that after we developed the AX we just sat around and one day thought, wow those Viperskins are good and people are buying them, we better do something about that bandwagon. As someone earlier on this thread said, that is naive. It is also ridiculous to think we cloned anyones product. Maybe you are not aware but AI was the first company to come up with the concept of stock sides in the 1980's. We also produced the first purpose built sniper rifle while everyone else was converting their hunting guns for 20 years.
We make a world class product and take exception to the statement that we are shady.
Get real and understand what a good company is all about, servicing their customers and that is what we are doing.

Tom Irwin
Director
Accuracy International

cox380, I just realized that you are the one that started the thread about your AICS getting scratched by a bipod a while back. You sold your AICS didn't you? Sounds like you still hold a grudge against AI.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ashland</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cox380, I just realized that you are the one that started the thread about your AICS getting scratched by a bipod a while back........ Sounds like you still hold a grudge against AI. </div></div>

Clearly it has to be somebody's fault if the guy chose to fold his own bipod rearwards without checking the clearance.....
wink.gif

This is what I'm getting out of this thread-

AI was copying a product for their own products... Really? Why would you think that AI is doing that. As many have said, it takes planning and time for things to get put into market, heck, look at the Vortex PST Scopes. If something needs to be done right, it needs time and planning. I'm sure AI had been planning the new skins for a while.

Sorry if I'm a little late to the party.

Cox is a douche that is what I have taken away from the thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cox380...your IMO is wrong.

Maybe you did not read what I said. We always planned to introduce replacement stock sides for our legacy rifles and stocks which included thumbhole and pistol grip. All of them going back to the first AW we sold to Sweden. We are currently replacing 400 of those as part of an upgrade for 20 year old rifles. We did not focus on AICS. Do you really think that after we developed the AX we just sat around and one day thought, <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">wow those Viperskins are good and people are buying them, we better do something about that bandwa</span>gon</span>. As someone earlier on this thread said, that is naive. It is also ridiculous to think we cloned anyones product. Maybe you are not aware but AI was the first company to come up with the concept of stock sides in the 1980's. We also produced the first purpose built sniper rifle while everyone else was converting their hunting guns for 20 years.
We make a world class product and take exception to the statement that we are shady.
Get real and understand what a good company is all about, servicing their customers and that is what we are doing.

Tom Irwin
Director
Accuracy International </div></div>
You don't need to explain yourself Tom. What you're doing is just business and everybody does it. Whether you and the AI team thought the above mentioned sentence or not, it's common business practice to feel the need for competition and to make sure your product sells over the other companies products. I don't get why people are upset over this? It happens everywhere and it always has. I assume the people that have it out for you guys never buy anything from Best Buy and since Circuit City shut down only buy electronics from small mom and pop shops or since Browning/Colt was the originator of the 1911 then they will never buy a 1911 made from a different company and so on. If you guys didn't look at the competition and adapt to the changing market needs then you'd be an idiot and out of business very quickly. I for one love the look and especially the price of your new stock sides and plan on buying a pair when they come out. I mean no disrespect to Viper Skins at all as I feel they are an innovative company that makes an amazing product and they provide amazing service to their customers. They were very smart and capitalized on a great product to make it appeal to the masses. Business is business and I can't imagine a company saying "well since they came out with that product well just let them have that market share because we don't want to look like copycats".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would love for this thread to be locked, I don't think it's adding anything to a positive conversation.

</div></div>

Seems reasonable enough.