• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS stock and Remington saftey won't fit

mik3

Private
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2008
SF Bay Area
Well I just got my AICS stock from a member here (Thank you!). The problem is that when I drop my 5R in the safety is engaged and thus I can not pull the trigger. Is there a fix for this? I'm assuming I can fix this by taking a dremel to the inside.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: AICS stock and Remington saftey won't fit

the newer is wider and doesn't fit correctly in a older stock.

the newer stock have been modified to take the wider trigger (safety)

i think you'd need to mill it

If your rifle has the new trigger assembly(smooth trigger), it is wider than the old trigger and the AICS needs to be milled to make room for the safety lever to work properly.

A mill is the best method but can also be done with a dremel (carefully).

Thank you guys for your input, if the costs is similar to a Jewel I might just need to convert. The sad part is I got the trigger to pull at 3lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ///mik3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you guys for your input, if the costs is similar to a Jewel I might just need to convert. The sad part is I got the trigger to pull at 3lbs.</div></div>

The Jewell will probsbly require clearancing of the saftey area on an older AICS.

Just have a small amount of material milled from the saftey cut out on your AICS or Dremel it yourself. It's no big deal. You could find a whole bunch of posts on this subject here if you'd perform a search.