• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Alec Baldwin literally just shot two people

Since it was supposedly a revolver, he HAD to have pulled the trigger twice (supposing not a through-and-through). - compounding this if it a "western" they had only single action. No way do you fire 2x with single action without knowing EXACTLY what you were doing. Besides if it was a live round it should have been LAF and his ears would have picked up something was not correct further disproving why trigger would have been pulled twice.

Reports say bullet passed through cinematographer and injured director.

We all need to be a little more sensitive to poor Alec and extend to him the same charity he’s shown to gun owners and conservatives.

I think we should send him a little care package after he goes to prison. I’ll be glad to contribute toward the purchase of some lipstick and KY jelly for him.
Except he won’t go to prison.

But he will go on the view and say this is a call for an end to Americas harmful gun culture without which I would never have been accidentally made to shoot that woman.

Might be just a 'wording' thing, and/or maybe I missed something. But how exactly did 2 different people get shot?

Was the first a 'through-and-through' which also hit the second, OR, was the trigger actually pulled twice (or more)?
wait, what just happened, no way that was loaded, let's try that again on someone else...

Confirmed. I am a terrible person. I read through the thread mostly disinterested, but then literally laughed out loud at the candyx "blooper" post. Anyone know a good therapist I should consult?

• Haha
Reactions: 308pirate
Except he won’t go to prison.

But he will go on the view and say this is a call for an end to Americas harmful gun culture without which I would never have been accidentally made to shoot that woman.
There was an anti death penalty movie, The Life of David Gaile, where they were going to let an innocent man be put to death just to show how unjust a death sentence was.

I doubt the motive was as intention as the movie, but stranger things have happened.

AB is already taking reporters questions..."Why were you given a hot weapon"? Let spin begin.

Alec Baldwin and Dick Cheney are creating a shooting club....wanna join? Two for one special going on.

So if they were using a real gun with crimped blanks, how likely is it that parts of the crimp broke off turning into projectiles?
They can. I had a prank pulled on me when I was a teenager once, got shot in the chest by a wheel gun from about 12-15 foot away. It can/does hurt. Mac

• Wow
Reactions: KZP
The headline if this was Trump….

“Alec Baldwin goes on shooting spree killing one and injuring dozens of others motive yet to be determined”
Naw, it should read..."Mr. Baldwin just found out Trump was running again, has a great chance at winning, he then went berserk with TDS, shot the place up!" Mac;)

Reactions: Steel+Killer
60A229AD-BF69-459B-92D7-3320B279B6E4.jpeg

My understanding from some reading after some other incident in the wayback is that there isn't supposed to be any live ammo on set. The initial thought here is that the props master screwed the pooch on this, or someone brought something unauthorized to the set. Either way its a bad day.

James Gunn - "The rules were changed after Brandon died," tweeted the director whose credits include the "Guardians of the Galaxy" franchise. "Sadly, more rules will not help if the rules aren't followed"

they irony is rich w/ that quote...now they know how real gun owners feel...no amount of gun legislation will ever rule out deaths or accidents, it's the evil, stupid and careless people that kill

No, then you'd complain that they weren't using real guns.

All jokes aside there should be two people that should have to sign off on any real firearm right before it goes to an actor’s hand verifying and saying the weapon contains no real ammunition and is only loaded with the correct blanks.

Or here’s a thought maybe since actors are always subject matter expert‘s in everything especially firearms…. They should be responsible and check their own damn guns to make sure it’s not loaded with live ammo, but my guess is most of those jackasses would not know the difference between a full metal jacket and a blank!

All jokes aside there should be two people that should have to sign off on any real firearm right before it goes to an actor’s hand verifying and saying the weapon contains no real ammunition and is only loaded with the correct blanks.

Or here’s a thought maybe since actors are always subject matter expert‘s in everything especially firearms…. They should be responsible and check their own damn guns to make sure it’s not loaded with live ammo, but my guess is most of those jackasses would not know the difference between a full metal jacket and a blank!
Quite true. Gun in your hand YOU are responsible. There are no accidental dischargers only intended or negligent. I've been training two neighborhood kids at their parents request. Both are 9 years old and they have outstanding weapon handling skills. If 9 year old's can learn so can adult actors.

Unpopular reality: the propmaster/armorer is at fault, not the actor.
BTW, I don't believe for a second this is the fault of the CGI crew. I was only using absurdity to help you see how absurd your statement was that this is the fault of anyone but the person who pulled the trigger.

I guess that depends on your collection. If you own a WW2 or Korean Era M1 odds are it has taken a life.

I get what you're saying, and it's still funny.
Or any Soviet weapon circa WWII. You'd be hard pressed to find one that WASN'T used to kill a Nazi or two. And if you have a pistol, it might even have been used to shoot a 'deserter' or two. "NOT ONE STEP BACK, KOMRAD!"

The Hollywood craft unions are out on strike. They were using local replacements. Much as I detest Baldwin, it might not have been his fault.
Who pulled the trigger? Alec Baldwin did. It is ultimately his responsibility. He shot those people. Even as an accident it was his fault. Put yourself in that situation outside of a Hollyweird set. You would be arrested and charged with manslaughter.

This is Hollywood. Maybe the victims got diddled by him at a certain point and he wants to avoid the Weinstein meatgrinder??? Possible.
That actually was the first thing that popped into my head. She either rejected him or they were doing the beast with two backs and she was going to cry foul or go to his wife or something.
And of course a thorough investigation was done of that sort of thing in the five minutes it took for the sheriffs department to say please go home Mr. Baldwin and could you sign my ticket book for autographs.

Who pulled the trigger? Alec Baldwin did. It is ultimately his responsibility. He shot those people. Even as an accident it was his fault. Put yourself in that situation outside of a Hollyweird set. You would be arrested and charged with manslaughter.
Super yep, manslaughter

They can. I had a prank pulled on me when I was a teenager once, got shot in the chest by a wheel gun from about 12-15 foot away. It can/does hurt. Mac
I guess one of my questions would be I understand a blank and very close vet range can kill. It’s happened in the past. But how does a blank go through one person and injure another.

I suppose it could be some freak thing where the blank just nicks a carotid artery and then lodge is in the person behind. But what blank will go through and through and injure another person.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
I guess one of my questions would be I understand a blank and very close vet range can kill. It’s happened in the past. But how does a blank go through one person and injure another.

I suppose it could be some freak thing where the blank just nicks a carotid artery and then lodge is in the person behind. But what blank will go through and through and injure another person.
This sounds a lot like the plot of JFK with the magic bullet.