• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up All Oregonians check in !

Hi:
I live in CaveJunction.This place is a hippy
haven and it drives me nuts:).I drive around on the fire roads looking for open places to shoot long distances.Any here near CJ please shout out
I'm looking for some one else to shoot with.

i go visit a friend up in Selma quite often I'm from Tahoe next time I'm up lets shoot

Hey guys, also from Oregon, looking for some matches to get into precision shooting, let me know if you know of any that are relatively close by.

Guys, most of us from the northwest are on FB, northwest precision rifle shooters is the group, most of the matches are posted there, although there's does seem to be a lack of matches in Oregon this year.

Raising a necro thread. I moved to Oregon last summer from Appalachia. I am in central OR, not too far from Bend. Looking forward to getting to know other LR shooters.

Reactions: ototallydude
Facebook decided to delete or group page, long range shooters of Oregon today. Without a reason or appeal. Just a note that said “your group violates community standards” or some crap. Anyway, we’re not gonna roll over. We are starting again. If you are in Oregon, or ever shoot in or around Oregon, please consider joining the group to help promote our sport. Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615409012253432/?ref=share

Facebook decided to delete or group page, long range shooters of Oregon today. Without a reason or appeal. Just a note that said “your group violates community standards” or some crap. Anyway, we’re not gonna roll over. We are starting again. If you are in Oregon, or ever shoot in or around Oregon, please consider joining the group to help promote our sport. Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/615409012253432/?ref=share

I am not on facebook, and have no plans on ever joining again. But I am in Oregon and look forward to meeting more of the long range shooting community.

Last edited:
Reactions: odoylerules
Medford, checking in

, cossa in bend seems to be the only long distance range I have found.
Down in my city we have a 600 yard range but it's pretty much a bench rest crowd.

Just got back to Sisters, Oregon to find all my plates out to 1200 were tore down. Time to rebuild! Anyone heard of matches at Cossa this year? Time to find out just how terrible of a shooter I am!

Hillsboro. Getting into long range and would like to meet up with some of you more experienced guys.

Check out Tri-county gun club in Sherwood. They have both practical rifle, and some PRS type matches. There are a good group of people there, and you don't have to be a club member to shoot at matches. You will have to complete an orientation program before you can shoot in the practical rifle matches because of all the movement with loaded weapons, and the type of shooting. Tri county gun club only has a 600 yard range and matches can obviously not go any further than that. Douglas Ridge Rifle club (out near Eagle creek/Estacada) has a 1000 yard range, but I don't know if DEQ shut them down or not. I haven't been there for years, and last I knew they were having problems from DEQ.

Reactions: ototallydude
Check out Tri-county gun club in Sherwood. They have both practical rifle, and some PRS type matches. There are a good group of people there, and you don't have to be a club member to shoot at matches. You will have to complete an orientation program before you can shoot in the practical rifle matches because of all the movement with loaded weapons, and the type of shooting. Tri county gun club only has a 600 yard range and matches can obviously not go any further than that. Douglas Ridge Rifle club (out near Eagle creek/Estacada) has a 1000 yard range, but I don't know if DEQ shut them down or not. I haven't been there for years, and last I knew they were having problems from DEQ.
Douglas Ridge still has the 1,000 yard range but...it is only open on Tuesdays since it runs anti-parallel to the main 100, 200 yard ranges so for obvious safety reasons they have to shut the other ones down when the 1,000 yard is open. Tri County seems nice it's within earshot of where my brother lives. It's still about 40 minutes from me with the traffic we've been dealing with lately and I've heard they have a wait list since they can only accept so many members. I'd like to find some open spaces within an hour of Gresham (probably in an easterly direction) that are reasonably accessible and give you atleast 400 or 500 yards for some practice. Seems like asking more than that yields little in the way of results within an hour or so.

Drive east on Hwy 84. We used to shoot at a place called three mile canyon. The area to shoot used to be between the highway and the Columbia river, but that was years ago and it may have been closed down since I was last there. IIRC it probably exceeds your hope to be only an hour or so east of Gresham. If you want to do some serious long distance shooting and some rabbit hunting, SE Oregon is where to go.

Once you get past Burns and French Glen, down towards Fields (that is the name of the small "town") there are all sorts of places to shoot. But the problem is that it takes forever to get there.

If any of you are on FB, this is our long range shooters of Oregon page. Great way to keep up on things around the state

Checking in from Newport area.