• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up All Oregonians check in !

Re: All Oregonians check in !

Hey guys, I'm in Clackamas Oregon and I don't know anyone else who shoots. I would LOVE to shoot with anyone, and really want to get to know people in the community. Hit me up!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know for which date the winter precision rifle match at tri-county is scheduled? It is usually in February... </div></div>

Feb. 11th. I'll be there

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kocoa88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OR Shooters. I host the Steel Challenge in Kettle Falls, WA to which some of you on here attend. I am looking into putting on another shoot at the end of June / beginning of July weekend. This shoot will be shoot move and communicate. It will be a two day one night event that will include land navigation to targets (GPS Allowed) observation of target areas and a coordinated engagement of targets at BMNT on the second day of the shoot.

If interested let me know.

Thank you.

</div></div>
Hell yes I'm interested...for those of you who haven't had the privilege of shooting one of his matches, he put on a hell of a match in the Steel Challenge...this move and shoot should be a hoot!
Jorge

PDX/Vancouver area.
A few familiar faces in here
wink.gif

Coquille Oregon Here Checking in, and also 1st Post I think. This site has vastly improved my knowlege of firearms and shooting. Im very thankful to all the guys who put in the time to teach noobs like myself!

Salem checking in - Make sure to check out the MG shoot at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club in late May (www.arpc.info). I will unfortunately be at my Grandfather's funeral this year but it is a who lot of fun.

Ammo costs $15 to $30 per mag depending on the cartridge (.50BMG and 20mm Lottie rounds are much more $3 and $20 per round, I believe). Last year there were around 1000 firearms ranging from glock 18s to PPSHs to M2s to the 20mm Lottie shoulder fired anti-tank gun. No AA12 though
frown.gif
. All proceeds help the gun club and the NRA. Only a $10 cover charge!

I would love to get into varminting. I am not looking to get paid - just have some fun and help farmers get rid of pesky critters. I regularly shoot a 4" pepper popper out at 285 yards with my AR-15 bushy varminter.

If anyone needs a partner and would like to show me the ropes PM me.

Beaverton area, about to join DRRC, Im available to shoot often and have a few good spots that reach out to 1000 yards and more

Quarter Circle 42 is announcing the 1st annual Shoot Move and Communicate competition. The match will take place on the 30th of June – July 1st 2012. The competitor will be required (once they receive their destination information) to move out and get to their target area in a timely manner. Once the competitor has reached his intended position he will request to shoot that stage of fire. Prior to firing, the RO will confirm the team’s number and what point they just came from. Based on that information, the RO will either allow them to shoot (if they are at the proper stage) or move them along to the stage (showing up to the wrong stage of fire will cost points) that they should have gone to. GPS’s and other devices for land navigation will be allowed. All courses of fire will be provided to the shooter from the RO via mission statement. Once the mission statement has been given for that stage of fire the shooters will have limited time to read, understand and solve the problems involved to engage the targets in their sector(s) of fire. The RO at each stage will only give basic direction after the mission statement has been given. The primary function of the RO is to insure that competitors are in the proper location, monitor safety and score targets.

Competitors will be required to leave their vehicles from the initial rally point prior to the start of the competition. From there, we will trek to the camping site in order to drop all camping gear. This is not the time to set up camp. As soon as we have dropped camp we will immediately be moving a few yards to the first stage of fire. After successful completion of the first course of fire, competitors will be given their next location to move to. Once the day portion of the shoot is done all competitors will return to the camp area where they can set up their camps. All known distance targets will have an orange marker within a 10 foot radius of the target to identify the location. All un-known targets will be up to the shooter to locate range and engage. For targets that do not have a marker the shooter will be provided a compass direction (azimuth) to the target area. Each shooting station will have multiple targets in different target configurations and degrees of difficulty with some targets being partially camouflaged. It will be the responsibility of the shooting team to locate, range, identify, and engage each target within a time limit to accumulate a score.

You will be put into two man teams in order to keep the match moving along. However, the scoring will be individual. Teams will be expected to have everything that they intend to shoot, move and communicate with on them. Once the event starts you will be headed to your next stage of fire.

There will be a pre-sign in Friday June 29th 2012 at approx 1800. If you show up the day of the shoot to sign in you will need to be signed in by 0700 on the morning of June 30th 2012. Failure to sign in on time will result in a DQ. Directions will be provided to all competitors who send in their registration forms.

Once the safety brief has been given there will be no further opportunity to obtain any additional gear from your vehicles, from other shooters, spectators or by-standards of any kind. You dance with the date you brought!!

Match Location / Date.
The match is scheduled for Saturday, June 30th - July 1st 2012. The location for this match will near Wilber, WA. Specific location will be given to the attending shooters once they have registered and are confirmed. This is done to eliminate any on-lookers that may cause unnecessary distractions. Directions will be sent to each competitors email address once the registration form has been received. All forms must be in by close of business Pacific Standard Time by May 30th 2012.

Match Fee’s.
The Match fees will be $225.00 USD per shooter.

Match Sign In.
Early sign in will be from 1800 to 1900 on June 29th 2012 (location to be determined) and at 0600 to 0700 on June 30th 2012 at the match location. All competitors must be signed in prior to the safety brief @ 0800 the day of the match. If competitors fail to sign in by 0700 June 30th 2012 applicants from the waiting list will be called forward to fill your slot. Due to the nature of this match and difficulty of set up there will be no refunds given once the registration has been sent in. Failure to sign in on the given times will result in a forfeiture of your entry fee.

Accommodations.
All competitors must stay in the field during the match. Other accommodations are remote but can be found in and around the city of Wilber, WA. During the shoot if you pack it in you pack it out. Do not leave any target indicators (trash, human waste or other rubbish that would tie you to the trash you left behind) on the range. Trash or waste of any kind tied to a competitor will result in a DQ

Caliber & Other Restrictions.
This match will be limited to short action calibers only.

Round Count
150 rounds.

Q42 Shoot Move and Communicate

Registration Form.
Please fill out legibly, print this page and send in with your payment. Please Identify which team member is the Team Lead by circling POC in the Name Box. Any changes to the match will be communicated to the Team Leads / POC identified on this registration. Indicate if you would like Q42 to pair you with another shooter.
Name: POC

Address

Phone
Cell:
Home:
Work:
Email: Payment
Enclose a Check or Money Order for the amount of $225.00 USD per shooter payable to Quarter Circle 42. If paying for more than one competitor please reference that information with a notation at the bottom of this form
Team Mate Name: POC Address

Phone
Cell:
Home:
Work:
Email:
Directions to the match will be sent to each competitor via email once this form has been received and processed.
Send this form with payment to: For questions or comments Email to:
Quarter Circle 42 [email protected]
688 B Mahoney Road
Colville, WA 99114

I'm new to the hide just yesterday. I haven't read all the pages because I'm on my phone (I'll read them all when I get home). I live in Cottage Grove just south of Eugene and hope to get to know some of you and maybe learn a thing or two about longer range shooting.

Hey, I've been a hide member for a while and don't know why I haven't run across this thread until now. I'm in Lincoln City and I'm exited to get together with other shooters. I came from Nevada and I was scared I wouldn't be able to find a good place to shoot. Drew took me out yesterday and we put those fears to rest. Let me know when you guys are looking at getting together.

MattK287,
I met you about a year ago at the dairymart in coburg. I just joined the hide a few months ago and since its getting close to summer and baseball season is almost over we should go shooting. I work for Bonneville Power just down the road from your shop if your still at EPUD. If i still have your number I'll give you a call. If not pm me

I guess MattK287 will have to figure out how long he wants to wait before he decides you really don't have his phone number...

Of course, Matt could be psychic, in which case he already knows about this posting, and Highliner's posting, and even knows whether or not you actually do have his phone number or are just waiting for the right time to call him.

Hey Highliner, thanks for the call. I'm a little jealous of that DTA you got coming. I put you in my contacts, and when you get a rig capable of 1k shooting, call me. I never go shooting without my Kestrel, chrono, & ballistic software, and will have you bangin' steel at 1k in short order. The .338's have been decimating our steel plates, so keep your eye out for anything 3/8ths or thicker. Sorry for the late reply.

You fellows might want to check out JCsteel targets if you are looking for somewhere to get some steel from a local (pacific northwest) vendor. I have bought a number of items from them and the service has a really fast turn around, and I haven't found any better prices yet (and I have looked a bunch).

Anyone have a place to shoot 1500 yd. min. they willing to share?

I do, but they are quite a ways out. South of French Glenn Oregon (about an hour past Burns) is a place called Catlow Valley. You could pretty well shoot an artillery piece there. Between Bend and Burns there are a bunch of places just off the main road that are easy to see.

Just make sure no one's cattle are around to avoid big trouble, and huge money. If you shoot someone's crappy old worn out cow, it suddenly becomes a $7000 prize winning show cow. And it will stick when it gets to court...I had a friend who lived out that way for years, and told me many stories about the locals really sticking it to city folk who accidently shot their cattle. The courts down that way seem to side with the cattle folks because the cattle folks ARE the people who live there and vote the judges in or out of office.

Anyhow, there are a bunch of wonderful places to shoot down there. If you go further toward Fields, there is a natural, free hotsprings you can soak in near the Alvord desert. Lots of great places to camp, and I got some great fishing in at Mann lake. Native cutthroat trout, no barbs of bait allowed, all fish you keep had to be over 16 inches IIRC. We caught a bunch of 'em, but that was a few years back.

Within an hours drive of portland, the best you will find is Douglas Ridge's 1000 yard range. The Deschutes valley might have some BLM land outside of Madras, but you will have to do some hiking in to get out of the Deschutes river valley.

If you start poking around in the area between French Glenn and Fields, you can shoot almost anywhere out there. There is a neat place to stay in French Glenn. French Glenn is an historic stage coach stop. The best deal is to stay at the "resort" across the street from the French Glenn inn.

The resort is called the Steens mountain resort, but all it really composes is some mobile homes (single or double wide) you can rent to sleep and shower in. I'm sure the French Glenn inn will let you know what the name of it is. You can cook there too, but it is lots more fun at the French Glenn Inn. They are famous for family style cooking where they start a huge plate of food at one end of the table, and you really eat your fill...fabulous food too. It is a really neat experience.

But keep in mind that although the locals are very firearms friendly, lots of the people who go there do so to do bird watching as it is a world famous wildlife refuge near French Glenn. So, you do get alot of "granola muffin types" that give you dirty looks if you talk about those evil firearms.

Let the French Glenn inn know you will be there for breakfast and dinner, and pay them to pack you a lunch. They you can go out and play all day long...I did that for a few days and really had a great time.

There is also a place to stay in Fields, but the food there isn't nearly as good as at French Glenn. There just isn't much out there, but you can really explore.

If you really want more info about the area, let me know, and I'll be happy to give you all sorts of tips. My friend hunted the area professionally for years, and I would go there a couple of times a year to play around, shoot, soak in hot springs and so on.

Were they burned in the big fire? I've been to Burns/Malheur twice. My better half is a birder.In April they have a thing about the returning cranes. Did it 5 or 6 years in Nebraska too. the cranes funnel thru the Platt valley heading north.Ate at the hotel .Lunch. Kinda far but I don't see any thing closer.I'll find Catlow valley. I love it over there. Got nothing but time and ammunition. Thanks, Art

When you go about an hour past catlow valley, go the opposite direction from Fields. Fields is a right turn, and you go left toward the Alvord desert. A few miles out, there is what looks like a sheet metal shack on the right side about 200 yards from the road. This is a natural hot springs, and a great place for a soak...it used to be free. Keep going out that road for another half hour or hour to Mann lake for trout fishing depending on the time of year. You can shoot almost anywhere out there. The ranches are really obvious and it is easy to go a couple of miles down the road from a ranch to shoot.

Hello all, checking in from Salem. Just joined the hide today. I just got my first 338LM and the 200 yd targets at the Albany rifle club just are not doing it for me. Anyone know somewhere closer to Salem to shoot out to 1000 + yards?

hello all i was looking thru the hide today and saw this. im from forest grove let me know if there's some activitys going on like to get some recoil.

Try either practical rifle, or the 600 yard league over at Tri-county gun club. Good people, and lots of fun in both groups.

been on the hide for a while - from Eugene.

MattK287 - I think i ran into you out in the hills, you were load tuning your 338.

Yeah, that was me. I found a decent load and took 5 shots from 1330yds, couldn't make it happen though. The guy I was shooting with nailed the 4" orange square in the center of the steel on the third shot. It was a privilege to be there. I won't be out banging steel until it rains again.

Hi Guys...

New to the website, live in Salem, member at TCGC.

Weekends off, I am connected to a oregon group on another site that shoots the "14", we have informal shoots all over the state.

Would like to get together with you fellas and do some shootin

Just bought a new (what I call an uppity rifle) 308, Jae2 stock and US Optics scope... Hoping to find someone who can teach me to operate this weapon correctly.

Thanks

Gunny

Connect with either the practical rifle group, or the 600 yard league at tri-county. Great guys in both disciplines. They are going to have a night shoot in December, and are having a couple of seminars to get folks prepared for them...Good way to learn lots about your gear, and a cheap way to learn too.

Just moved back into the great State of Oregon after spending several years in Caligunsarebadfornia. Glad to be back. Im new to the long range game but have been shooting USPSA for several years. I'm located in the west Portland area and hoping to head down to TCGC in the next couple fo weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunnyM14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Guys...

New to the website, live in Salem, member at TCGC.

Weekends off, I am connected to a oregon group on another site that shoots the "14", we have informal shoots all over the state.

Would like to get together with you fellas and do some shootin

Just bought a new (what I call an uppity rifle) 308, Jae2 stock and US Optics scope... Hoping to find someone who can teach me to operate this weapon correctly.

Thanks

Gunny</div></div> What high school did you go too? I went to McNary in Keizer

New guy here in the Portland metro, just barely sticking my toe into precision shooting (really, long gun shooting of any kind).

Looking forward to learning from everybody on the forum here.

Bounce between Oakland Or and Wa.

Anyone in the Eugene area have an AI AE that wouldn't mind shooting with me sometime?

Currently in Beaverton, but grew up in John Day. I have a spot on my in laws grass seed farm outside of silverton that I can reach 1000 yards at. Go shooting down there fairly often. I've got a custom .260 on the way that should be here on Wednesday so I'll definitely be slinging some lead in the near future as I get some loads developed for it! Good to know there are some active Oregon shooters around! I need to get into the competition game....just sounds like too much fun!

13-15th of Dec I should be around Roseburg area shooting 308 and 300 WM out to 1000 yards if anyone wants to go in the area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BGE541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">13-15th of Dec I should be around Roseburg area shooting 308 and 300 WM out to 1000 yards if anyone wants to go in the area. </div></div>

I won't be there the 13-15th, but I'm down there at least four times a year - I go back (home town) to check in on my Mom and help her out with chores around the place. I'd be up to do some shooting. Where do you go shooting in the Roseburg area? We 'used' to own property on the river in Winston, so finding a place to shoot was never an issue. Since I left home, my Mom moved to the 'city' of Roseburg and the old property isn't available any more.

I've got quite a few toys: AR15's in 223 and 6.5 Grendel, 308's (AIAE & Tikka T3), 260 REM, 270 WIN, 338 Lapua,... 22's? I really like long range, but am open to anything.

Ry

I head out to several places. My parents hav a Ranch out in Or still so sometimes even go their. I prefer LR or pistol stuff. Where you at in Wa? PM me if you feel like it.

Thanks

Beaverton here
Member TCGC
For my ELR I head out to the Tillamook
Just picked up a 110BA 338 LM. Probably shoulda bought 3 ARs instead before they were all gone ....
Jim

Moved to NE Oregon, near Tri-Cities WA, this summer. Liking it so far but very few good ranges around. Looking for places with good LR Tac matches and some folks to shoot with. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or need a shooting partner.

Check out the SHWW group section, a couple shoots are not far from you. Welcome to the area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> What high school did you go too? I went to McNary in Keizer</div></div>

That's funny, my wife went to McNary. I went to Sprague myself...

I just got out of the Marine Corps and am now in east Portland. Looking for places up here to shoot longer range... I have places out in Lyons, but that's quite a drive...

Anyone up here know of anywhere?

Savage110,
Welcome back to civilian life. Douglas ridge has a 1000 yard range, tri county has a 600 yard renge and also has very active practical rifle and lots of 600 yard shoots. The 600 yard league at tri county shoots 2x per week during winter, and at least weekly during the rest of the year...really friendly people too.

I am now shooting a kind of cross between practical rifle and precision rifle on the 3 rd Saturday of each month at upper in squally sportsmanship club in Washington. Pm me if you want more info, it would take you about 2 hours to get to those matches though.

Lots of great options for you, and I miss being so close to those ranges.

Semper fi,
Anton

I am in Bend. Best place to shoot so far is the COSSA range.