• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up All Oregonians check in !

Re: All Oregonians check in !

Hi guys,
I live in the Portland area and thought I would check with this group on a reasonable FFL to have guns transferred through, any ideas. The usual local suspects seem to want rape the common Joe.
Thanks

10-4 on that I con not beleive the price they charge for the FFL transfer....

I would love to hear of a good serivce with good pricing as well....

I count 12 members here so far in Oregon. Not all have posted on this yet. I really believe we need to meet and start getting together with fellow shooters. If 12 members are here then they know a hand full of people that shoot and they know and ect. Just like terrorist cells we need to be aware of our options and people we can fellow ship with in case of emergency. Maybe parranoid thinking but just kinda like a neighborhood watch with guns !
laugh.gif

Any thoughts on this ?

1911 maybe just a little overboard on the "terrorist cell" but sure let's get a shoot scheduled.
Do you by any chance know a Chaz down in Eugene with an upper he's trying to move?

Yea it was the only analogy I could come up with. Just trying to paint the pyrimid thing of people. I dont know a Chaz, is he on here ? What is his name here ?

LOL "terrorist cell"
ya know what that can get ya!

I wont tell LR !
There is one more that I saw, Softcock is in Oregon somewhere. Just never talked to him yet.

Yea maybe I should have called us the Anti cells !

You can put another one on your list. I'm in Cannon Beach - the Carmel, CA of the N. Oregon coast. Around here, if you want to shoot any distance beyond 200 yds, it has to be from landing to landing. And it will always be up or down hill shooting.

From here to just about anywhere is a long trip.

Just outside Junction City...wondering what "t4x7trc" has against the Oregon Rangers. I saw your post from way back at the beginning of this thread.

I'm in Redmond and a member of the COSSA range that 1911TD contacted. If you guys are still up for a range day out there then I can get us in (there is still a nominal fee for visitors, $3 I think).

As far the 1K yard range at Cossa, that is still under construction but they have a 600 yard black powder range you can shoot on as long as you don't shoot their gongs (read: bring your own) or a 250 yard rifle range. There is also pistol bays for scenario shooting.

Oh well, I guess I should say hi in this thread too.

Ex-Californian with a French accent
eek.gif
, moved near Portland a couple of months ago. Alread met with mib2000 and joining our local club (Sherwood) in a couple of weeks.

Compete often here and there (Was in CA for the match a couple of weeks ago). Average competition shooter but get lucky sometimes
wink.gif

welcome to Oregon Desertfrog

as far as the Oregon Rangers go, I don't consider them to much more then a nusence for taking the law into their hands! so I suppose Thousand, that you are one?

JMHO!

well, t4x7trc, Thanks for the response. I do some volunteer work with the Rangers. Bunch of good people if you ask me. I don't know where you got your perspective, but it isn't accurate. As far as law inforcement stuff, they don't do anything a normal citizen can't- though they are DPSST certified to do more on private property. 99% of their work is educating USFS, Fire departments, etc.. as First Responders and Wilderness medicine. They also clear roads in the spring for the USFS, and maintain trailheads all summer. Just some food for thought. Check out their webpage. www.oregonrangers.org

Would someone like to come up with a target date (no pun intended)?

Thousand plus, how long you been a member ? I have watched the Rangers from the very beginnings and know all about them. Work with on on a daily baisis, Bryon Barnes aka Barney ring a bell. My opinions and insight is from first hand knowledge of the members. Great bunch of guys ? Yes. Rough beginings ? Yes have they toned it down ? Yes. Do they have all they claim ? Lots to be questioned there. The ones I do know would give you there shirts off there back if you needed one. If you see Paul tell him I still have one !
laugh.gif

Now for a date ? If 858 could look into an opening for some range time we could supply steel and be over there for a Sunday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Originally posted by 1911TD:
<span style="font-weight: bold">

Now for a date ? If 858 could look into an opening for some range time we could supply steel and be over there for a Sunday. </span></div></div>Well, most Sundays are pretty dead. Not sure we need to arrange anything other than verify there won't be any scheduled activities.

I'll call in the morning to see what is going on the rest of this month and next.

guess I should check this part of the site more??? Salem, OR...Shoot McCulley mtn in lyons all the time...

I live 1.5 hours north of Portland, My work takes me weekly from upper Seattle all the way below Salem.

Sure like the Lora Ingram show outta Portland.

Guys, this is an opportunity to shoot more, type less. Come on out Sept. 23!

If you can make it ... DesertFrog and I look forward to meeting the rest of the 'Hide crew.

Regards,
mib2000

Who else is at least planning on making the match at this time?

mib2000, DesertFrog ... possibly John T, webfoot, savage110FPshooter ...

Look forward to meeting all who will be there...OregonShooter, I will be joining you among the rank of newb match shooter...so theres 2 of us!!!

savage,
Did you make it to the match? I asked a couple guys. Sorry if I missed you.

Did connect, however, with OregonShooter and, of course, my bud DesertFrog. Great match!

Check out the "Oregon Fall Sniper Match" thread later in the S-3 area of the 'Hide; will try and get some stage descriptions and photos up.

No, I failed to make it to the match...I had to work. I was, and am upset at that since it would have been my first match there. I would have been able to make it there at 3PM, but I figured that would have been a little too late, still wanted to go though so I could meet the SH guys and learn a little, even though I would have been late. If I read correctly, there is a match Feb? I will do everything in my power to get to that one, in the mean time, practice I guess. Keep me posted on the next matches...thanks

I just moved to the Portland/Beaverton area from Las Vegas, I wouldn't mind getting out and doing some shooting with my new Oregon neighbors.

j.adams, its like I know you. I work for Les Schwab in Junction City. I have been on many of service call to fix the farmers tires. Maybe we could shoot sometime ! I go out to the Malpasses farm just East of Harrisburg. Lots of wide open space and no one to bohter me !
laugh.gif

Going to the Barons Den in a few hours. Been slacking on my glock practice. Wanted to go rifle shooting today but I was hunting in the rain until 2230 last night (I have ag kill permits for my organic ground so I can hunt 24/7) so I need some warmth today.

I just wanted to pop in and say hi from an Oregon Lurker here. I'm located in Portland. I've been lurking for a while. I tend not to pipe up unless I have anything to add, which hasn't been much.

Been a lurker for a long time. No much to say but hello. Would love to see some of these sticks I see on this site for real. Oh yeah representin the capital here. Later