• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up All Oregonians check in !

Re: All Oregonians check in !

TCGC is a real nice, I think plush Range but you really can not get past 300 yrd. to the 600 mark but once a week. once a week they have a small group of guy that will shoot 600 practice (i think like) every Tues. late afternoon. but not in the winter hours the days are to short. You have to close down and shoot over the 2 to 300 to pop out to 600. Other than that the TCGC is great to get something dialed up. But 600 is the limit there. I got to go out to the berry fields or the sticks to do longer myself.

Anybody here got a membership over at the Douglas Ridge range by beaver creek ? I have never shot there, How you like that setup ? I hear there range distance that is offer is 800 or more ? Know how often the long range is offered ?

Never shot there, but they offer up to 1000yds for sure. Not sure how often though...so otherwords, I guess this post isnt much help.
laugh.gif

Hey, better than no reply at all. ...
laugh.gif
. I went out today and threw out 10 rounds from my .264. Went up by Gales Creek area. It was cold and a little snow on the ground .

It would be an ' hour & 15 min.' drive for me one way to Douglas Ridge is the only thing. TCGC is only 20-min. one way. I really would like to get a range membership that is more to my needs at this moment.
I should check on membership + annual fee there. I really can not afford or justify membership to 2 ranges. If I am not getting what I need though maybe it is worth it to drive more to get the LR I deserve.

Hey you live in Salem. I have heard a few people talk of some open land (public) maybe BLM ? , over by Silverton area, not far you. Had a Marion county LE friend mention it a few times also a couple years back. Said a lot of localyocals go there but don't know exactly where it is.

I have no idea where it would be at...I am honestly out of ideas for where to shoot at all...All 3 of my places now have strict "no target shooting" signs with an MCSO (Marion County Sheriffs Office) truck patroling the area waiting to slap a fine...It sucks...

I have a few friends that live in silverton that shoot alot out there, but I think where they shoot is more forrested and mainly pistol...

If you could find out where that place is, I would be a very happy man!!!

About the gun clubs...Only so many times I can hit the Gong 200yds away at Four corners gun club out here without getting bored out of my mind... I NEED RANGE!!! lol... I plan on going to the TCGC tournaments this time around assuming my HS Precision stock gets here sometime soon... (To see rant on that, go to the Link below)

HS Precision RANT

Gents,

Tri-County Gun Club offers an informal 600-yard shoot monthly (members only at this time, if I recall correctly). You may shoot from prone or the bench. Third Saturday of the month (though this month's is canceled). Starts at 300 yards for an hour and for zeroing, then moves to 600. NRA High Power paper targets.

As well, in summertime, there is an informal practice session Tuesday evenings; same format.

Tri-County also has an active NRA High Power program.

http://www.tcgc.org/

http://www.tcgc.org/cgi-bin/calendar.pl

Douglas Ridge ... it has the distance, but it is my understanding that the access to it is extremely limited (outside of NRA High Power matches). Check out the Web site above.

Meantime: come on out to the Tri-County "sniper" match in mid-February. It is open to members and to guests with solid skills.

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001868

Hope this helps,
mib2000

Reminder:

Match is THIS Saturday, Feb. 10. Refer to this link:

http://www.snipershide.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=001868

8 a.m. signup at the 300-yard line (High Power range). Match begins at 9 a.m. sharp; no latecomers. Minimum of 30 rounds; otherwise, similar format to the past (refer to the links in the thread noted above).

Bring your rig and come on out and shoot! "More shooting, less typing in '07."

Hey mib what are the rules on someone just coming to the match to watch? Sadly I do not have the skills or an accurate rifle to shoot. Just wish I could come.

DINO,
Should be no problem. But, best to show up at 8, 8:30 and follow the sign to the High Power range. Then check in with a match official at the sign-up table.

Please refer to the link above for more information on the match and the range.

This go-round, the match will (at least mostly) be held on the High Power and outdoor .22LR ranges (vs. the quarry area of the past couple years). So, you should be fine to watch, with permission; the firing line will be distinct and tightly controlled.

I should add that no matter what, you would NOT be allowed to leave the match area, except to depart the gun club. Only club members with photo badges (and their guests) are OK to move around the premises. Range Officer(s) actively police the ranges and roads.

Definitely not going to be able to make the Idaho match, but I have the weekend of Sept. 29th off. I will be there for sure. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Josh

Hello all, just signing onto the hide. Also over at Snipersparadise.

Still a novice but just putting together my first long range stick over the next week and getting some time in in time to use it for deer this season.

After that it'll be weekends at Douglas ridge I'm guessing.

In the Portland metro area here. Nice to meet ya'll.

Well, since I got your attention anything going on in the months following deer season around Portland?

I'm travel challenged until I get my car fixed but I'm still good to generally about within half an hour from town.

After deer season I'd like to start competition shooting for fun. Good way to improve and see how much I've yet to learn.

Vancouver, WA here. Technically not in Oregon, I know, but in reality just another Portland bedroom community. Anybody shoot at Clark Rifles?

Sunny Bend here, just a heads up COSSA is building a 1k range, but it's not up and running yet. Dedicated to Big John A. Nosler! Just an awesome man making a great bullet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoForBroke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sunny Bend here, just a heads up COSSA is building a 1k range, but it's not up and running yet. Dedicated to Big John A. Nosler! Just an awesome man making a great bullet. </div></div>

Is that an Oregonian shooting invite or are you just rubbing it in our noses that you're going to have an easy access 1000 near you?

wink.gif

Heck come on out, I'm in traveling sales so my time here in Bend is sporatic at best. The 1k range isn't up yet, but hopefully it will be completed next year. Otherwise the open range has plenty of areas to shoot!

In Sherwood OR. coming UP in a couple weeks. Saturday, February 9th, PR/Sniper match. @ Tri-Counties Gun Club.
also: Tuesday 12th of Feb. is a 600 yrd. night shoot from, 5:30 - 9:00 pm @ TCGC
And, Feb. 16th, is 600 yrd. bench & prone @ 9:00 AM

Some Good LR practice for February.

Hey Also, if you local or even if your not and still want too shoot it ?
(<span style="font-weight: bold">I am in need</span>) of a partner for the match coming up in march in Wenatchee WA.
I shot there once and is a nice range and good people. So if your game for it give a PM of e-mail, yoda99goin_in *** @verizon.net

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic">remove the *** for e-address</span></span>
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=443704#Post443704
http://findlay-cup.milanuk.net/Findlay_Cup/Welcome.html

kind of a last minute thing. but I did not hear about it till today while shooting . So tomorrow, Sun 17th. I was told that there is a shoot at, 'Big timber Rifle Pistol range'. over in Siletz OR. between Newport and Corvallis. north off Hwy. 20
Was told it was Bowling Pins @ 540 yrd. and starts at around 9:00 am. I never been down on that particular range myself but I am going to check it out for sure.

You guys need to hit the 'Big Timber Rifle Pistol range'. over in Siletz OR. every 3rd Sunday of the month. I ran into these guys shooting 600 over at TCGC so I went over and they got a pretty good thing going there. Was Bowling Pins at 540 and 450 and some Silhouette also. Pretty laid back bunch and easy going.
The Pins were good practice. My best was 8 out of 10 rounds and worst was, 6 for 10. good practice for your wind calls because they are tall but pretty thin. I tried like hell for 10 for 10 but could not do it. Was pretty fun.
They run a Quad out to reset it on the cold range. Pot Luck also for lunch, if you want to bring some food. Only 5-$ a rifle to shoot.
IMG_0004-1.jpg

Burns. Have 1000 range just need people to shoot it. The only guys that shoot it are the cowboy action bunch. Just shot the first rockchuck and squirel of the year the other day.

New 300 winch in the works. Will be trying for the mile mark soon.

Happy shooting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to hit the 'Big Timber Rifle Pistol range'. over in Siletz OR. every 3rd Sunday of the month. I ran into these guys shooting 600 over at TCGC so I went over and they got a pretty good thing going there. Was Bowling Pins at 540 and 450 and some Silhouette also. Pretty laid back bunch and easy going.
The Pins were good practice. My best was 8 out of 10 rounds and worst was, 6 for 10. good practice for your wind calls because they are tall but pretty thin. I tried like hell for 10 for 10 but could not do it. Was pretty fun.
They run a Quad out to reset it on the cold range. Pot Luck also for lunch, if you want to bring some food. Only 5-$ a rifle to shoot.
IMG_0004-1.jpg

. </div></div>

I tend to stick around the Portland area cause I spend more money on my rifle than I do my car
wink.gif

That said I think I mighta met those guys at the Sniper Practical rifle shoot at TCGC.

That shoot looks like fun if I ever get my transportation woes figured out I might make it out for that.

Brownsville here! We shoot out to 1500 pretty regularly. I have a spot in the woods to hit 550, 830,880,1000,1500 all with less than 5 deg cant. From one landing! I have shot parma, TC sniper match and will be in Wanachee. Those who want to drive give me a shout and we can blow up some jugs. If you can we have a landing at 2300! Only tried one time and conected 1 out of 3. Looks like I will have to meet the guys in Siletz. Being that I work in Cornvalley.

Jason

Hey just a heads-Up, Looks like Spring is here and longer day hours. So in the TCGC April calendar. 600 yrd. night shoot is moved to ' Every' Tues, night now from 5:30 to 9:00 pm.
Looks also to be a 600 yrd. high power match on the 13th and a 600 yrd. Bench/Prone on the 19th Too.
Some good practice this month.

*** Also*** - ' I think', that Peter's 600 yrd. practice on those times is also open to all. Not just members and he is only charging like 30-$ a Rifle per.600 season for shooters. and For the work he is putting in on this practice and for extra's he bought to do it. Is a good deal to say the least.
I have seen others shoot who are from other parts of the area. So don't think you actually have to be TCGS member on his 600 practice. I think he just insists that you are ON TARGET and not hitting low and skipping over the Target Pit.
Peter B. name is in the Web. calendar also for contact. If you want to check the details.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey just a heads-Up, Looks like Spring is here and longer day hours. So in the TCGC April calendar. 600 yrd. night shoot is moved to ' Every' Tues, night now from 5:30 to 9:00 pm.
Looks also to be a 600 yrd. high power match on the 13th and a 600 yrd. Bench/Prone on the 19th Too.
Some good practice this month.

*** Also*** - ' I think', that Peter's 600 yrd. practice on those times is also open to all. Not just members and he is only charging like 30-$ a Rifle per.600 season for shooters. and For the work he is putting in on this practice and for extra's he bought to do it. Is a good deal to say the least.
I have seen others shoot who are from other parts of the area. So don't think you actually have to be TCGS member on his 600 practice. I think he just insists that you are ON TARGET and not hitting low and skipping over the Target Pit.
Peter B. name is in the Web. calendar also for contact. If you want to check the details.
. </div></div>

I can confirm all this you don't need to be a member 30 bucks will pay for your season of 600 yard shooting. Can't make the Tuesday ordeals, but I've been out twice when it's on weekends definitely a good place to shoot.

If you want to only come once it's 10$ for the visit.

I'll probably go out for the next 600 barring any unknowns, anyone wants to meet up I'm in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: speelyei</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Full Auto shoot at Albany this weekend... anybody going? </div></div>

People can still afford to shoot full auto?!

not this kid... I burned through two months reloading allowance in about an hour, and that was showing maximum restraint. The $6 a pop for the Barrett Rifle was well spent though...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MoneyShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys need to come to the East side and shoot some 1000 yard with us.May 31 next shoot 9:00am to 12:00 pm. </div></div>

It'll be a little while but I'll eventually take you up on that!

Please do.No experience needed.Just show up.Plenty of great guys willing to lend guns,ammo and anything else to get new or seasoned shooters interested.Calibers range from 22,up to 50 cal.Extremely low pressure,and nothing but fun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MoneyShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please do.No experience needed.Just show up.Plenty of great guys willing to lend guns,ammo and anything else to get new or seasoned shooters interested.Calibers range from 22,up to 50 cal.Extremely low pressure,and nothing but fun. </div></div>

Is there a schedule online or anything, or is it a regular event at a regular location?

Just a new guy checking in. I might have to make one of those matches. Maybe the one in Aug. If someone wnats to car pool out of the Portland area lets get in touch.

I know how difficult it is to put on these events and if we as shooters want people to put thess on we need to go out and support them!

I am assuming this is a F-Class Shoot?

If you have a Benchrest gun come shoot our BR match in Portland on June 21st.

Willys46